Dan's Mark Vi

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPARTAN II said:
As a matter of fact...

sealSpartanII.jpg

I believe the quality of the work you've put into your armour is worthy of this :D

Woot! Thanks guys! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow you are doing a really great job and you are doing it so quickly. I cant wait for the next update.

So... Kind of a big update. Lots of pics anyway.

I said I'd post better pics of the thigh so,

DSCF1312.jpg

DSCF1313.jpg

DSCF1315.jpg

And now some helmet pics.

DSCF1320.jpg

DSCF1319.jpg

DSCF1318.jpg

And step 2.

DSCF1328.jpg

DSCF1330.jpg

DSCF1322.jpg

And Final.

DSCF1331.jpg

DSCF1333.jpg

DSCF1332.jpg

DSCF1334.jpg

And a boot fit test.

DSCF1307.jpg

And the soles for the boots.

DSCF1337.jpg

And lastly, I probably should post my chest progress because I wont get to it later :p

DSCF1336.jpg

DSCF1335.jpg

It's actually a lot further along than it looks in those pics.

Whew!

Really awesome, your boots look top notch. Can't wait to see the whole armor together. Are you going to make the halloween deadline?

~James

I have a feeling as soon as you get this finished it will be moved to elite section. Like I said before, I cannot get over the fact of how fast you are building this and the quality to which you are doing so. Once again congrats on your progress so far and I wish you luck with the rest. ;)

Thanks a lot guys! Encouraging words are extremely important the day before a deadline. :pYes I should get done in time. Not quite to the quality I wanted. You may disagree but when I show everyone what I had planned (which will still get done just not in time for Haloween) you'll understand. :D

Thanks again!

xavierjer said:
Great looking build. I love the Thighs did i miss who's file your using for them?

I'm using crackhead's model, but my own unfold.... which I couldn't save because I still haven't bought pepakura. :p

Update:

It's technically Haloween right now.... All the pieces are made, Most of them are painted, and some of them are padded/strapped. The boots are together, and the belt is working (I think). The electronics will be done soon, and I'm freakin' tired. Looks like an all-nighter though. I have yet to put in my visor too.

Wish me luck! :D

BAM!

DSCF1390.jpg

The shoulders and belt were giving me TONS of trouble, but that's what I get for not trying it on before Haloween! :p

Dan W. said:
The shoulders and belt were giving me TONS of trouble, but that's what I get for not trying it on before Haloween! :p

Truly amazing! I'm at a loss for words.

I also had problems with my suit (thighs) because I didn't have time for a test fit before I wore it to work.

Anyways, did you go to any parties and whatnot? What were people's reactions? For some reason, a few people mistook me for Robocop and a stormtrooper, despite a similar paintjob to yours (i.e. nowhere close to silver/white).

Yeah I made my rounds last night. A few of my buddies asked if I was robocop, but i'm pretty sure they were joking. :pI'll post some more pics later today hopefully. :D

Man AMAZING work, and i really mean that to. 1 question though, are you using just bondo to get the pieces that smooth?

seth147 said:
Man AMAZING work, and i really mean that to. 1 question though, are you using just bondo to get the pieces that smooth?

Yep just bondo. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back