Dare’s Ex-Fling from the Academy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L84

Jr Member
Wife: Hey, since you’re making this stuff, can I be one?

Me:

Wife: I wanna be like that hot blonde, from the ODST game.

Me:

Wife: Except, I want it to be girly, with that cute purple color from the aliens accenting the armor.

Me: ‍♂️

Character Development: Dare’s “Ex-Fling” she says....

Me: What do you mean?

Wife: Oh yeah, the only reason Dare was on that vacation where she met Buck was because she was trying to get over me...

I’ll upload as progress is made and eventually update the entire thread with the workload.

D59FF1FC-1609-4DBF-AA74-AF362FF7FEDD.jpeg

C1A70474-725A-4526-820A-478700C262DA.jpeg

106FCEF9-D22F-4C59-8D1A-E74F865F8118.jpeg

Good fit for the shin and toe armor. Now to add accessories... knife, pouches....20 or 12 Gauge shells???

I say 12 Gauge. Great job so far!!!

Yeah brother, she not only wanted a build for herself, but developed her own character herself lol

My wife wants nothing to do w/ cosplay...........she won't even go to a Con.......I guess I'm lucky enough that she will chauffeur me and the kids to the local ones........but anything over and hour away is all on me.

I say 12 Gauge. Great job so far!!!

My wife wants nothing to do w/ cosplay...........she won't even go to a Con.......I guess I'm lucky enough that she will chauffeur me and the kids to the local ones........but anything over and hour away is all on me.

I’ve been incredibly blessed with the fortune of finding a woman that I literally connect with on every level. We share so much in common and finish each other’s thoughts and sentences so often it’s scary. She’s my soulmate and I thank heaven every day that I have someone I can “share” life with rather than simply “experience” life with.

Oh, don't get me wrong, wife is with me on all my endeavors and loves the fact that I am so involved w/ our children......she just hates cosplay......doesn't get it and doesn't want to, but will always help is some way or another.

Dang this is pretty cool.
If you guys really want to lean into the 'covenant purple' color, you should check out the Plaid Folkart colorshift paints. I have some references of work made with those paints on my Skyrim build thread, but it comes out very close to covenant looking.

Dang this is pretty cool.
If you guys really want to lean into the 'covenant purple' color, you should check out the Plaid Folkart colorshift paints. I have some references of work made with those paints on my Skyrim build thread, but it comes out very close to covenant looking.
Second for the colour shift purple. It goes from a dark blue when base coated black to the pink/purple that is on the bottle. I recently did up a prop for a friend and used it for the section on the wing.
1565810005060.png

Photo credit to Rinzlerr

Also for L84 the Halo Reach M45 uses 8Ga because lol.

DUDE!!!! Awesome. But, please be careful. I know that we go for realistic looking weapons and armor, and yes you probably have exp working w/ ammo.....but is it worth loosing a finger or 2 messing w/ live ammo just for a cosplay accessory? Just being the cautious old man of the group......

DUDE!!!! Awesome. But, please be careful. I know that we go for realistic looking weapons and armor, and yes you probably have exp working w/ ammo.....but is it worth loosing a finger or 2 messing w/ live ammo just for a cosplay accessory? Just being the cautious old man of the group......

This is practically harmless work I’m doing backed up with close to 20 years of experience. I wouldn’t recommend anyone super young doing this without proper training and supervision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back