Dare’s Ex-Fling from the Academy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUDE!!!! Awesome. But, please be careful. I know that we go for realistic looking weapons and armor, and yes you probably have exp working w/ ammo.....but is it worth loosing a finger or 2 messing w/ live ammo just for a cosplay accessory? Just being the cautious old man of the group......
What are ya talkin bout DD?!?! It would just add to the armor with extra effect and make you look cool!

:b

• Haha
Reactions: L84
What are ya talkin bout DD?!?! It would just add to the armor with extra effect and make you look cool!

:b

I get the fact that everything in cosplay is there to “look cool,” however I still believe medical information shouldn’t be used in a fictional sense......ever...

I get the fact that everything in cosplay is there to “look cool,” however I still believe medical information shouldn’t be used in a fictional sense......ever...
I'm not really sure what you meant by this, and I didn't see anyone say anything about medical info

I'm not really sure what you meant by this, and I didn't see anyone say anything about medical info

It was more a general statement. There is a broader discussion going on right now in regard to medical ID tags on armor. Basically wrapped up around whether it should be true and correct info or fictitious. I’m getting my threads mixed up now. My bad.

It was more a general statement. There is a broader discussion going on right now in regard to medical ID tags on armor. Basically wrapped up around whether it should be true and correct info or fictitious. I’m getting my threads mixed up now. My bad.
I completely agree. Although sometimes it is a cool feat, and may even thought to be necessary if trying to %100 replicate something with this information on it, it's best to take precautions so that if something happens they dont give you the wrong blood or whatnot.
And previously I was joking about losing your fingers for the shells rather than the med tags XD

I completely agree. Although sometimes it is a cool feat, and may even thought to be necessary if trying to %100 replicate something with this information on it, it's best to take precautions so that if something happens they dont give you the wrong blood or whatnot.
And previously I was joking about losing your fingers for the shells rather than the med tags XD

Ha, yeah, the only way that they would have gone off was if I had taken a nail and hammer to the primer on the back, in which case, would have cause a tiny crackle like a black cat firecracker once the gunpowder was removed.

But, to purposely hammer the tip of a nail into the primer with gunpowder in the shell... Neglectful, but the only way it could have caused harm. The powder by itself is slow burning without the intensity of heat and friction causing a combustible ignition.

In other words. This was a harmless thing to do.

0CBEB26F-6C17-44C7-A284-FCEEB1296C95.jpeg
D9189F36-3503-47C8-A348-C67FE10C17B6.jpeg
EB66DD4D-6402-4AA2-BA22-3434A3A1011D.jpeg
1417CC7F-D21D-4148-A159-8CC83FC02629.jpeg

Some WIP pics of her assault pack. Totally winging this free hand...

Thigh armor is close to completion. Elastic straps hold tension on thighs with Velcro attachment. Clips hold securely in place under the hip armor on duty belt.
Lookin good man! Keep it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back