Dark Jedi's Halo 1 Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkJedi

I'll describe who I am in the intro thread later, but I have begun working on good old 117 from the first game. At this point I have glassed the helmet and soon I will be working on the finer deatils of it. Here is my progress so far:

DSCN5335.jpg

DSCN5336.jpg

DSCN5338.jpg

DSCN5371.jpg

DSCN5372.jpg

DSCN5373.jpg

I'll update hear as much as I can, but I still need to add details to my other project:

DSCN5342.jpg

I've made two Halo 1 Mark Vs, if you have any questions about construction of different pieces, let me know and I'll share what I've learned.

killignhorne said:
cool ghostbuster back and helmet

I've been working on the bucket along with some ghost traps this weekend. I added another layer of glazing puty to get the groves out, cut the vent holes, added the ridges on the back, and the dimples. Has a bitt more sanding left and then I'll be adding lights, visor and paint.

DSCN5375.jpg

DSCN5380.jpg

DSCN5382.jpg

DSCN5384.jpg

DSCN5386.jpg

DSCN5388.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
party pooper said:
looks good so far I bet its going to look great when it is done. Are you going to put LEDs in it or not?

It will be getting LEDs. I just need to pick up another set of holders. Visor just came in today to so I may have the bucket done by the end of the month.

Last edited by a moderator:
After about a week of sanding, bondoing, and triming the visor I finally got around to painting this bad boy. I primmed the whole thing grey then painted it silver. I uses ranch dressing to give the look of chipped paint and struck it with a spoon to put scratched in it. After the spray paint I covered the whole thing in black acrylic paint and wet sanded it to give it the grimmy worn look. The green is much darker in person and resembles the cover art of Halo 1 more than I could have hoped. I will be adding lights this coming week and padding so I can wear this badboy for extended periods.

The rest of the suit is folded but its at my parents place 10 hours away. So the next step will be working on the assult rifle. I'll keep posting my progress here.

DSCN5419.jpg

DSCN5420.jpg

DSCN5421.jpg

DSCN5422.jpg

DSCN5423.jpg

DSCN5424.jpg

DSCN5425.jpg

DSCN5426.jpg

DSCN5427.jpg

I had some friends over the other day to go over ODST armor and one of them put the helmet on. No lights yet but you can see without the flash the green is game acurate and check out the reflection in the visor. This picture makes me happy :)

Nickinthehelmet.jpg

Very good reproduction of the Halo 1 look. Its been a while since I played the first one, but does the brim look a little too long and angular to anyone?

Oh ya... my brother plans to make the same armor, currently peppin the back of the chest piece. I'll get him to create an account to make a progress thread.

Now that Halloween is over I have started to make some progress on the suit. Since I still need to pick up the rest of my folded armor I have begun work on the MA5B Assult rifle. I tried the pepakura one but had an incident with the internal reinforcement, so I decided to start from scratch using layers of 1/4" MDF board. I am nearing the competion of build up with wood and Bondo and will soon be adding the details. Once that is done I am going to cast this in rubber and make a fiberglass version that will be a nice, carryable weight.

DSCN5478.jpg

DSCN5479.jpg

DSCN5480.jpg

DSCN5545.jpg

DSCN5546.jpg

DSCN5548.jpg

DSCN5549.jpg

DSCN5551.jpg

DSCN5552.jpg

DSCN5553.jpg

This is some amazing work. Your pep work looks very clean, and that mark v is looking awesome. Only suggestion is that the visor looks a bit less curvy, IMO, than it should be. But still, great job, and keep it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back