Daschlenn's Halo and Destiny Unfold Thread and Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys, so I was planning to do a mass photo dump of helmets I'm working on that were the helm of saint 14, eternal warrior, battlecage of kabr, light beyond nemesis, an insurmountable skullfort, and show two more that were completed, being the molniya shaxx custom and the spliced cosmocast, but I have just been told I have a week to move out of my house, so I'm gunna take a little breather, not too long this time, and will be back with those helmets up for you all to see! :)

I'm noticing a lot of Titan helmets here....I approve.
IMG_3414.jpg

View attachment 247085
?!?!?!?!
I think you forget that the Warlocks study the Light and are far more educated (in the Light) than you are, Titan.

Sure, Titans are rediculously overpowered with tons of armor and super effective ground pounding abilities, but knowledge is power.:cool:

lol, don't mind me.

Daschlenn, I pepped and Bondo'd your Hood of the Exile unfold, and it turned out great!
Check out the photos HERE.

It was super easy to assemble! I used hot glue instead of super glue for the first time, so that messed with the quality a little bit, but it was awesome! Thanks for the unfold!

Last edited:
View attachment 247085
LOL Yeah, I am a titan in Destiny! The helmets are also just so much fun to build!!
?!?!?!?!
I think you forget that the Warlocks study the Light and are far more educated (in the Light) than you are, Titan.

Sure, Titans are rediculously overpowered with tons of armor and super effective ground pounding abilities, but knowledge is power.:cool:

lol, don't mind me.

Daschlenn, I pepped and Bondo'd your Hood of the Exile unfold, and it turned out great!

It was super easy to assemble! I used hot glue instead of super glue for the first time, so that messed with the quality a little bit, but it was awesome! Thanks for the unfold!
Hey man! Yeah, I saw some of the pictures on Crimmson's thread, and damn did that turn out amazing!! It looks so awesome dude!!! I will definitely be followin your progress!

Now, to business! I'v managed to get the Battlecage of Kabr and An Insurmountable Skullfort unfolded in the last few days! The helmets are scaled to my head, and I have a head equivalent to that of the astronaut helmets worn on the first moonwalk, so for your specific head type, you might have to rescale! But anyhoo, here they are:
Battlecage of Kabr Titan Helmet - Download - 4shared

An Insurmountable Skullfort Titan Helmet - Download - 4shared

As always, Happy Building!

Okay, I have a massive update for all you lovely people! My living situation for a while there was looking dim, but has been resolved! To the point where I have started up helmets again!

First cab off the rank is the Molniya Type 2 Shaxx helmet:
IMG_4995.JPG
IMG_4996.JPG
IMG_4997.JPG
IMG_4998.JPG
Here's the detail on the broken horn:
IMG_4999.JPG

Second cab off the rank is the Spliced Cosmoclast helmet:
IMG_5001.JPG
IMG_5002.JPG
IMG_5003.JPG
IMG_5004.JPG

Now on to ones I'm currently working on, which are the Helm of Saint 14 helmet:
IMG_5006.JPG

And the Eternal Warrior:
IMG_5005.JPG

And thats it at the moment! Will have the Helm of Saint 14 finished probably by tomorrow, and the Eternal Warrior done by the weekend!
Then onto more exotics, like an Insurmountable Skullfort, Light beyond Nemesis, Obsidian Mind, Skull of Dire Ahamkara and then onto the helmet which will be the beginnings of my actual suit, the Battlecage of Kabr! Either way, hope you guys like them!

hey Daschlenn i stumbled across this forum while looking for a celestial nighthawk pepakura build and glad I found this forum. I was going to ask a couple of questions if you don't mind. You said that the nighthawk build was relatively easy and was going to say that I'm 6'3 and was wondering if it would be a relatively safe size from the download file? After building this pepakura, what do you recommend to solidify it, because i would like to paint it as well? Thanks for taking the time and consideration for reading this post.

?!?!?!?!

lol, don't mind me.

great job mblackwell1002 i tried bondo once with a Thomas Bangalter pep helmet I built but had issues with it. Not sure if i used improper coating after gluing all pep. What do you recommend to harden the pepakura? I plan on attempting to do the celestial nighthawk. Thanks for taking the time and consideration for reading this message.

hey Daschlenn i stumbled across this forum while looking for a celestial nighthawk pepakura build and glad I found this forum. I was going to ask a couple of questions if you don't mind. You said that the nighthawk build was relatively easy and was going to say that I'm 6'3 and was wondering if it would be a relatively safe size from the download file? After building this pepakura, what do you recommend to solidify it, because i would like to paint it as well? Thanks for taking the time and consideration for reading this post.
Hey man! Thanks for the kind words! I'm 6'2 but have a 20cm wide head, so the size I have set on the helmet fits me, with a bit of wiggle room for padding and such! Depending on your head size, you may need to resize it. Just know that with the hunter helmets the opening of the helmet will be too small to fit you head in, but don't be discouraged. It's like that with all the hunter helmets I've built! Go off the width of the helmet to get your optimal size!

Hello, and welcome to the 405th, LS9BLUEDEVIL!

I used fiberglass resin to harden my helmet. The process is pretty simple: Assemble your helmet; apply 2-3 coats of fiberglass resin to your helmet in small batches; file down the cured fiberglass; sand it down some more; apply Rondo (1-1 ratio of fiberglass and Bondo mixture) on the inside of the helmet to reinforce it; then apply Bondo to the outside of the helmet, slowly sanding and shaping your helmet until you are pleased.

There are lots of tutorials online for this stuff. I would suggest checking out Cereal Kill3r Studio's tutorials. All of them are really great in getting you from the start to finish of Pepakura. Check them out!

Best of luck, and I hope this helps!

Hey man! Thanks for the kind words! I'm 6'2 but have a 20cm wide head, so the size I have set on the helmet fits me, with a bit of wiggle room for padding and such! Depending on your head size, you may need to resize it. Just know that with the hunter helmets the opening of the helmet will be too small to fit you head in, but don't be discouraged. It's like that with all the hunter helmets I've built! Go off the width of the helmet to get your optimal size!

That's great to hear and really hoping I can have this cosplay ready for Dallas Comic con the latest. How do you go about addressing that issue with the head opening Daschlenn ? Do you paint yours or coat yours with anything? Also how would you go about armor? Is it worth doing pepakura or an easier solution. Thanks for responding so promptly, seeing that latest post had been since July.

Hello, and welcome to the 405th, LS9BLUEDEVIL!

I used fiberglass resin to harden my helmet. The process is pretty simple: Assemble your helmet; apply 2-3 coats of fiberglass resin to your helmet in small batches; file down the cured fiberglass; sand it down some more; apply Rondo (1-1 ratio of fiberglass and Bondo mixture) on the inside of the helmet to reinforce it; then apply Bondo to the outside of the helmet, slowly sanding and shaping your helmet until you are pleased.

There are lots of tutorials online for this stuff. I would suggest checking out Cereal Kill3r Studio's tutorials. All of them are really great in getting you from the start to finish of Pepakura. Check them out!

Best of luck, and I hope this helps!

Thanks for responding mblackwell1002 so soon and have never tried fiberglass resin before. Is it easy to work with? So "Rondo" would be the same fiberglass resin and bondo mix correct? Hopefully i can learn to use bondo appropriately due to the last time being a complete fail. My daft punk helmet had sections of it that looked like nemisis from resident evil -___- Will have to look at that video and thanks for the feedback. Thank you for taking the time and consideration for reading this message.

That's great to hear and really hoping I can have this cosplay ready for Dallas Comic con the latest. How do you go about addressing that issue with the head opening Daschlenn ? Do you paint yours or coat yours with anything? Also how would you go about armor? Is it worth doing pepakura or an easier solution. Thanks for responding so promptly, seeing that latest post had been since July.
Hey man, with the helmet openings, I would do the fibreglassing method mblackwell1002 as it's the same I intend to use, then sand out the helmet opening to make it easy to fit your head in. And there's going to be a big update on the thread soon, just away from home on family business but should be back in the next fortnight! Also with armour, pepakura or foam would both be good methods, really depends on what you're comfortable in using. I'm pepping my armour

Hey man, with the helmet openings, I would do the fibreglassing method mblackwell1002 as it's the same I intend to use, then sand out the helmet opening to make it easy to fit your head in. And there's going to be a big update on the thread soon, just away from home on family business but should be back in the next fortnight! Also with armour, pepakura or foam would both be good methods, really depends on what you're comfortable in using. I'm pepping my armour

That seems to make the most sense Daschlenn and can't wait to see what you have in store. No worries man, family comes first and appreciate all the help. Never pepped armor so that will be a first, as will be making a cloak

Hey Daschlenn just wanted to give you a heads up that I have begun the celestial nighthawk pep and had two questions.
1)how do you go about gluing the eye portion of the helmet?
2) how should I go about putting helmet together, top to bottom or front to back?
Appreciate any assistance.

Hey Daschlenn just wanted to give you a heads up that I have begun the celestial nighthawk pep and had two questions.
1)how do you go about gluing the eye portion of the helmet?
2) how should I go about putting helmet together, top to bottom or front to back?
Appreciate any assistance.
Awesome to hear man! It's a fairly good build, not too hard but not too easy either! The eye portion of the helmet I just glued in there and am going to cut out after I've fibreglassed it, so it has that bit of reinforcement! As to what part to start with, I'd suggest maybe begin with the back of the helmet to see how snugly your head fits in it, and also where the ear parts sit on your face. If they're directly over your own ears, then it's perfect size! Then from there whatever part you fancy next! Its just getting the right fit first! The back of the helmet should be on the last 5 or 6 pages if I remember correctly. Any more questions feel free to ask! I should also have a massive update for you all soon as well! A few more helmets, including another halo related one which will also be the beginning of my Spartan suit!

Good is an understatement, I think it's an amazing pep. Though quite a bit of pages doesn't seem fairly hard. My Daft Punk helmet had so many small inseams :/. I started from the front right face portion of the helmet so hopefully will work from front to back. Appreciate all your help man and glad you are making this process so easy. Looking forward to those posts Daschlenn

Okie dokie! I'm back!!! Until my next round of radiation that is, but in the meantime, I have some files for you!

Carnivore Match Hunter Helmet, Unfolded by me, Modeled by Crimmson
upload_2017-10-24_21-15-31.png

Carnivore Match Hunter Helmet - Download - 4shared

Fear Eater Hunter Helmet, Unfolded by Me, Modeled by Crimmson
upload_2017-10-24_21-15-5.png

Fear Eater Hunter Helmet - Download - 4shared

Iron Companion Hunter Helmet, Unfolded by me, Modeled by Crimmson
upload_2017-10-24_21-17-5.png

Mask of Third Man Hunter Helmet - Download - 4shared

Mask of Third Man Hunter Helmet, Unfolded by Me, Modeled by Crimmson
upload_2017-10-24_21-19-38.png

Mask of Third Man Hunter Helmet - Download - 4shared

Light Beyond Nemesis Warlock Helmet, Unfolded by Me, Modeled by Crimmson
upload_2017-10-24_21-20-59.png

*Disclaimer: I only did one set of wings and one cheek area, so to get the other one, just mirror invert the last row of pages and reprint out
Light Beyond Nemesis Warlock Helmet - Download - 4shared

And now for something a little different, I bring you some Halo 5 Helmets:

Spartan Recon Helmet, Asset by Chernobyl and 343 Industries, Unfolded by me
upload_2017-10-24_21-24-2.png

Take note: with the visor as it wasn't joined to the rest of the helmet, I added tabs to the 2D model to attach the visor to the helmet.
Spartan Recon Helmet - Download - 4shared

Spartan Mk V Alpha Helmet, Asset by Chernobyl and 343 Industries, Unfolded by Me
upload_2017-10-24_21-29-0.png

Spartan Mk V Alpha Helmet - Download - 4shared

Now, with all these helmets, I CANNOT stress enough, that you MAY or WILL need to resize these to fit you, as my head is very big!! But those are the helmets I have with me currently, I do have a few more Halo 5 Helmets finished as I'm moving forward with getting them done now too, but I'm not at home at the moment, but will have them uploaded in the coming days! Also, another update is I'm starting on my suit for next year: The Spartan Indomitable!! I was going to do a Destiny Titan first, but then I saw the armour for the Indomitable, and had to do it first! It just looks too sexy! So there will be pic-heavy updates on that in the coming months as well! So that shall be exciting! Also, pics of the Destiny helmets and Recon helmet built will be put up when the other helmet links will be uploaded! Anyhoos, that's all for today, until next time Auf Wiedersehen!!

Hey Again fellow builders! As promised, here's more selection of Halo 5 Spartan Helmets! The plan is to get most of them, if not all unfolded, as there don't seem to be many files out there, so watch this space! Frequent updates and new files will be aplenty here!

Spartan CIO Helmet, Asset by 343i and Chernobyl, Unfolded by me
upload_2017-10-29_23-10-47.png

Spartan CIO Helmet - Download - 4shared

Spartan Defender Helmet, Asset by 343i and Chernobyl, Unfolded by me
upload_2017-10-29_23-12-17.png

Spartan Defender Helmet - Download - 4shared

Spartan Indomitable Helmet, Asset by 343i and Chernobyl, Unfolded by me'
upload_2017-10-29_23-14-13.png

Spartan Indomitable Helmet - Download - 4shared

Spartan Operator Helmet, Asset by 343i and Chernobyl, Unfolded by me
upload_2017-10-29_23-16-8.png

Spartan Operator Helmet - Download - 4shared

Spartan Scanner Helmet, Asset by 343i and Chernobyl, Unfolded by Me
upload_2017-10-29_23-17-15.png

Spartan Scanner Helmet - Download - 4shared

Spartan Vigilant Helmet, Asset by 343i and Chernobyl, Unfolded by me
upload_2017-10-29_23-18-33.png

Spartan Vigilant Helmet - Download - 4shared

Those are it for now, However I am working on Unfolds for the Decimator, Gungnir, Legionnaire, Intruder, Foehammer, Infiltrator and Anubis, With the Decimator and Gungnir only needing part arranging, so they'll be up tomorrow! As usual, these helmets are scaled to my head, as while I'm unfolding them, I am going to build them to see if they're possible to build, so as usual, check the scale of these helmets before you print! My head is huuuuuge! Anyways , that's it for now so till next time, happy building!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back