Daschlenn's Halo and Destiny Unfold Thread and Build WIP

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by Daschlenn, Aug 29, 2016.

1. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer

Dirtdives Not everyone. Many people can't stand this game. To me it's a Failstiny and the biggest disappointment in gaming. Could have been something damn good, amazing as in Halo-level amazing-ness, turned out to be complete disappointment. :(

2. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

CommanderPalmer, as I said, almost everyone.............I'm aware that everyone's taste is different.

3. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer

Don't get me wrong, I really wanted it to be good. Unfortunately it was a total fail... but for costuming? Armor designs are nice. :D

Daschlenn likes this.
  4. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

which is why I want to build one............:):)

5. Crimmson

Crimmson

Daschlenn do you happoen to have a different link for the deathsinger? I ask because i cant remember my 4 shared password.

6. Daschlenn

Daschlenn Member

Hey sorry Crimmson, I've only got the 4shared one, but even if you're not signed in, you should still be able to download it! Or you can sign in via Facebook to download! It's what I usually do when I forget my password! Also, will have pics of another helmet up soon! One that rhymes with Pandion!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  7. Crimmson

Crimmson

Thank you. I have crappy memory as of lately???

8. Lyhtem

Lyhtem New Member

Nice one, Im making one Myself but for 3d printing :)

Spliced Nanomania Mask :)

Attached Files:

9. Xav kitsune

Xav kitsune

mind if I use the Dire Ahamkara skull as a Knee base for a Bones of Eao?

10. Daschlenn

Daschlenn Member

That looks awesome man!!

If ya want man! It could work!

Okay, so it's been a while since I posted an update so here 'tis! Just finished the Pandion Titan helmet from Crimmson! This was deceptively not as hard as I thought, but still took me three days to complete! Fits snugly too! IMG_4551.JPG IMG_4553.JPG IMG_4554.JPG
    IMG_4555.JPG

I've also gotten some progress on the Ursus Titan helmet, which had some surprisingly finnicky pieces in the part I've done so far, but will be finished in the next day or so! Many more helmets to come!
    IMG_4556.JPG

Yobo57, SI3RRA 117, Schankerz and 2 others like this.
  11. Artifice

Artifice 405th Regiment Officer

I can't wait to see this all done !

12. Daschlenn

Daschlenn Member

13. Crimmson

Crimmson

14. SavedbyGraceG12

SavedbyGraceG12 Well-Known Member

If you still can't download Daschlenn's, your more than welcome to use mine. Here is the link:

Dunfold EATHSINGERS GAZE WARLOCK HELMET 2.pdo

Crimmson likes this.
  15. Crimmson

Crimmson

SavedbyGraceG12 likes this.
  16. Daschlenn

Daschlenn Member

SavedbyGraceG12 likes this.
  17. Daschlenn

Daschlenn Member

Okay guys, so I was planning to do a mass photo dump of helmets I'm working on that were the helm of saint 14, eternal warrior, battlecage of kabr, light beyond nemesis, an insurmountable skullfort, and show two more that were completed, being the molniya shaxx custom and the spliced cosmocast, but I have just been told I have a week to move out of my house, so I'm gunna take a little breather, not too long this time, and will be back with those helmets up for you all to see! :)

BlazedStarbon likes this.
  18. Schankerz

Schankerz

I'm noticing a lot of Titan helmets here....I approve.
    IMG_3414.jpg

KnavishPlum, Yobo57 and BlazedStarbon like this.
  19. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

?!?!?!?!
    I think you forget that the Warlocks study the Light and are far more educated (in the Light) than you are, Titan.

Sure, Titans are rediculously overpowered with tons of armor and super effective ground pounding abilities, but knowledge is power.:cool:

lol, don't mind me.

Daschlenn, I pepped and Bondo'd your Hood of the Exile unfold, and it turned out great!
    Check out the photos HERE.

It was super easy to assemble! I used hot glue instead of super glue for the first time, so that messed with the quality a little bit, but it was awesome! Thanks for the unfold!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    LS9BLUEDEVIL and BlazedStarbon like this.
  20. Daschlenn

Daschlenn Member

LOL Yeah, I am a titan in Destiny! The helmets are also just so much fun to build!!
    Hey man! Yeah, I saw some of the pictures on Crimmson's thread, and damn did that turn out amazing!! It looks so awesome dude!!! I will definitely be followin your progress!

Now, to business! I'v managed to get the Battlecage of Kabr and An Insurmountable Skullfort unfolded in the last few days! The helmets are scaled to my head, and I have a head equivalent to that of the astronaut helmets worn on the first moonwalk, so for your specific head type, you might have to rescale! But anyhoo, here they are:
    Battlecage of Kabr Titan Helmet - Download - 4shared

An Insurmountable Skullfort Titan Helmet - Download - 4shared

As always, Happy Building!

21. Daschlenn

Daschlenn Member

Okay, I have a massive update for all you lovely people! My living situation for a while there was looking dim, but has been resolved! To the point where I have started up helmets again!

First cab off the rank is the Molniya Type 2 Shaxx helmet:
    IMG_4995.JPG
    IMG_4996.JPG
    IMG_4997.JPG
    IMG_4998.JPG
    Here's the detail on the broken horn:
    IMG_4999.JPG

Second cab off the rank is the Spliced Cosmoclast helmet:
    IMG_5001.JPG
    IMG_5002.JPG
    IMG_5003.JPG
    IMG_5004.JPG

Now on to ones I'm currently working on, which are the Helm of Saint 14 helmet:
    IMG_5006.JPG

And the Eternal Warrior:
    IMG_5005.JPG

And thats it at the moment! Will have the Helm of Saint 14 finished probably by tomorrow, and the Eternal Warrior done by the weekend!
    Then onto more exotics, like an Insurmountable Skullfort, Light beyond Nemesis, Obsidian Mind, Skull of Dire Ahamkara and then onto the helmet which will be the beginnings of my actual suit, the Battlecage of Kabr! Either way, hope you guys like them!

22. LS9BLUEDEVIL

LS9BLUEDEVIL New Member

hey Daschlenn i stumbled across this forum while looking for a celestial nighthawk pepakura build and glad I found this forum. I was going to ask a couple of questions if you don't mind. You said that the nighthawk build was relatively easy and was going to say that I'm 6'3 and was wondering if it would be a relatively safe size from the download file? After building this pepakura, what do you recommend to solidify it, because i would like to paint it as well? Thanks for taking the time and consideration for reading this post.

23. LS9BLUEDEVIL

LS9BLUEDEVIL New Member

great job mblackwell1002 i tried bondo once with a Thomas Bangalter pep helmet I built but had issues with it. Not sure if i used improper coating after gluing all pep. What do you recommend to harden the pepakura? I plan on attempting to do the celestial nighthawk. Thanks for taking the time and consideration for reading this message.

24. Daschlenn

Daschlenn Member

Hey man! Thanks for the kind words! I'm 6'2 but have a 20cm wide head, so the size I have set on the helmet fits me, with a bit of wiggle room for padding and such! Depending on your head size, you may need to resize it. Just know that with the hunter helmets the opening of the helmet will be too small to fit you head in, but don't be discouraged. It's like that with all the hunter helmets I've built! Go off the width of the helmet to get your optimal size!

LS9BLUEDEVIL likes this.
  25. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Hello, and welcome to the 405th, LS9BLUEDEVIL!

I used fiberglass resin to harden my helmet. The process is pretty simple: Assemble your helmet; apply 2-3 coats of fiberglass resin to your helmet in small batches; file down the cured fiberglass; sand it down some more; apply Rondo (1-1 ratio of fiberglass and Bondo mixture) on the inside of the helmet to reinforce it; then apply Bondo to the outside of the helmet, slowly sanding and shaping your helmet until you are pleased.

There are lots of tutorials online for this stuff. I would suggest checking out Cereal Kill3r Studio's tutorials. All of them are really great in getting you from the start to finish of Pepakura. Check them out!

Best of luck, and I hope this helps!

LS9BLUEDEVIL likes this.