DBmike's IRONMAN mk7 WiP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I know double post but its an update so shoot me!

here we go all poppered and strapped up!

Photoon27-11-2012at22094.jpg

Photoon27-11-2012at22093.jpg

Photoon27-11-2012at22095.jpg

Photoon27-11-2012at22092.jpg

It is nice and snug wearing it, not zoo much theres no room its just the neck really constricts your movement and having something that tight to your neck makes you feel very claustrophobic something i'm not a sufferer of!

Critique welcome and encouraged!

Thanks

First off. . . . Where's the beard!!!!!!!! :p

Seriously though. . . Everything looks great. Does that neck seal restrict you a lot where you're trying to nod or move your head?

First off. . . . Where's the beard!!!!!!!! :p

Seriously though. . . Everything looks great. Does that neck seal restrict you a lot where you're trying to nod or move your head?

Haha had to get a naked face and a hair cut. I was at my RAF medical yesterday and they like to see you clean cut! In case you were wandering I passed it. So now all I got left is my physical test, and then I can start basic!!

Anyway yeah the neck isn't a pleasent thing to wear, I think for the films they moulded a latex neck so the wearer has more flex because I can barely look down however I can do side to side ok. This is all made from fairly flexible 8mm foam so if hate to imagine what a thicker more solid foam neck would be like!

Well you have seen the 10mm thick neck cause that's what I used. As for the looking down problem just cut a grove under your chin as the helmet will hide that bit. I need to cut mine at some point but its helmet all the way at the moment, not long now till its ready for a first coat of primer to check the imperfections.

Thanks Blu3rav3n, thought your mc is looking sweet though I think I've misse your energy sword build?
Nope, haven’t missed it. It came to a screeching halt right before the release when my hot water tank went. Ever since then I’ve been catching up. I will be posting soon so keep an eye out. Builds looking great, I’m thinking I might have to make the helmet just because it looks so kool and I like how you did the eyes.

Cool well I look forward to seeing the sword done, I'll keep an eye out for it. And thanks, I got the idea for the eyes from xrobots; it works pretty well but I need to spread the LEDs out a bit more I think.

Update! So I finished both biceps and one of the shoulders but I think I'm out of foam ill need to check the shed tomorrow!

Here goes for now:

E0912313-0B01-4D1C-B5FB-A1F30868BB3C-11001-00000D452E3C7BDA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back