Default Halo Reach Female Armor- Help Needed*UPDATED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harpess

Hello everyone, I've been looking at trying my hand at armor making for a while now and now that I have my own funds I can finally get started. The only issue is that I have no idea where to even begin, mainly with finding a suitable template. Then there's the whole measurements and piecing things together that I know I'll get mixing up.

Do any of you have any advice?

*UPDATE*

So I've seen a lot of your replies and id like to thank you all very much.

I've gather some materials-
20201008_161415.jpg
20201008_161351.jpg

The EVA foam is cosplay foam from Hobby Lobby that is 10mm thick and paint make specifically for the EVA foam (Blue, gold, and dark gary). I could find any snaps/ straps.

I figured I'd work from the boots upward.

Is there anything I might be missing or things I should know before I begin cutting?

Last edited:
So the armoury has alot of templates that you may be able to use and most of them are .pdo files and while looking at it on pepakura you can click a piece and it will show you on the armor where it goes. Also pepeakura does alot of the scaling for you to make it nice and easy

Welcome Harpess, you've come to the right place! As TillXValhalla said the armoury is a great place to get templates. What material were you thinking of making it from - foam, pepakura, printed, etc?

Here are all our Halo Reach Female armor templates, both paper based pepakura and foam optimized files, all in one convenient .Zip File.

Here are all our Halo Reach Female armor templates, both paper based pepakura and foam optimized files, all in one convenient .Zip File.

Hey, thank you.

Do you know if it has a video to go along with it or a good video to follow in general?

I always recommend our Beginner's Pepakura Tutorial:

We also have plenty of Tutorials in our Tutorial section of the Forums:

you can also find good foamsmithing tutorials on youtube such as the evil ted smith and punished props youtube chanels

Angellegend also has videos but I'm not sure what to expect, their 1 or 2 hours long, so I haven't seen one yet. Also, all of his tutorials are halo 4 master chief armor.

the 2 that i mention have some really good tutorials on how to use foam for anything not just armor but it is the general technique that they teach that is useful

Hello everyone, I've been looking at trying my hand at armor making for a while now and now that I have my own funds I can finally get started. The only issue is that I have no idea where to even begin, mainly with finding a suitable template. Then there's the whole measurements and piecing things together that I know I'll get mixing up.

Do any of you have any advice?

*UPDATE*

So I've seen a lot of your replies and id like to thank you all very much.

I've gather some materials-
View attachment 297652View attachment 297653

The EVA foam is cosplay foam from Hobby Lobby that is 10mm thick and paint make specifically for the EVA foam (Blue, gold, and dark gary). I could find any snaps/ straps.

I figured I'd work from the boots upward.

Is there anything I might be missing or things I should know before I begin cutting?
Always have a sharp blade nearby. Without a sharp blade, your EVA foam will get jagged on the sides. Other than that get ready to feel the evil side effects of pepakura/making armor!... Er, I mean... Actually, that's what I meant.

check and see where there should be bevels cut on the foam pieces, it it a lot easier to cut bevels as you cut the peace out rather than try and deal with it afterward. i learned this the hard way.

Welcome Harpess, you've come to the right place! As TillXValhalla said the armoury is a great place to get templates. What material were you thinking of making it from - foam, pepakura, printed, etc?
Hey, I'm looking at trying my hand at foam. I feel I have the majority of the tools/ materials I need. The main issue I'm having is that I can't print out the templates. My print doesn't hold the right size paper, or so said the pop up I got when I tries.

in the pepakura program you can change the paper size and re position the parts so that they fit on the smaller or larger paper. if a part is to big you can cut it in the program or you can have it cross multiple pages and just tape the part together when you are cutting the templates out. PS. dont forget to scale your prints, i learned that the hard way

in the pepakura program you can change the paper size and re position the parts so that they fit on the smaller or larger paper. if a part is to big you can cut it in the program or you can have it cross multiple pages and just tape the part together when you are cutting the templates out. PS. dont forget to scale your prints, i learned that the hard way
Okay, do you know any tips or tricks I should try when scaling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back