Demogorgon's Dovahkiin Daedric Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so cool! I love that hot glue texture thing you did to the helmet and the test piece. it looks awesome painted black!

-- Helmet FINISHED! --

I am so excited and thrilled with how this helmet came out. Aside from some really minor touch-ups with some black paint, the helmet is DONE! (Okay, I also need to apply some see-through fabric to the eyes :p)

IMG_1080_zps9c5096ee.jpg

IMG_1081_zps85422a06.jpg

IMG_1082_zpsab241e96.jpg

IMG_1083_zps5243b718.jpg

IMG_1084_zpsdacf4849.jpg

I'll be working on detailing the gauntlets next.

Attachments

• IMG_1080_zps9c5096ee.jpg
    IMG_1080_zps9c5096ee.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1081_zps85422a06.jpg
    IMG_1081_zps85422a06.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1082_zpsab241e96.jpg
    IMG_1082_zpsab241e96.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1084_zpsdacf4849.jpg
    IMG_1084_zpsdacf4849.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1083_zps5243b718.jpg
    IMG_1083_zps5243b718.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 152
That looks so awesome, especially with the roughened textures.
Nice job man.

Now you just need to attach a burning soul of pure evil and your good to go :)

i just hope the light doesn't mess with you're eye's too much like my first odst helm did projector bounced off the visor and into my eyes not fun unless you start thinking eyes only Intel lol.

-- Thighs Painted! --

Slowly progressing through the paint process. I finished up the thighs tonight:

IMG_1087_zps9084240f.jpg

That looks so awesome, especially with the roughened textures.
Nice job man.

Now you just need to attach a burning soul of pure evil and your good to go :)

Thanks! I sprayed a black base coat and then sprayed the metallic silver onto a brush and brushed it on the edges, then sprayed the tips of the bristles and kind of tapped the brush to create that dirty metallic plates. The hot glue ebony textures are working out a lot better than I had anticipated and I'm very pleased with that.

i just hope the light doesn't mess with you're eye's too much like my first odst helm did projector bounced off the visor and into my eyes not fun unless you start thinking eyes only Intel lol.

There will be only one LED for each eye inside the fabric but pointing out to create the glowing eyes illusion. As it's being pointed away from my eyes and the fabric is not reflective I think I'll be okay. For the rest of my suit, the LEDs will be sort of embedded within the foam. I'll go more in depth when I get to that part haha.

Attachments

• IMG_1087_zps9084240f.jpg
    IMG_1087_zps9084240f.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 151
-- Shins Painted --

Slow and steady progress on the build so far. I got around to painting the shins today. I decided to continue the same ebony texture on the shins instead of trying to do the intricate designs. It still looks pretty good and fits with the other pieces perfectly. I also added a few more rivets to the plates along with the plates being slightly modified.

IMG_1110_zps8d21ce18.jpg

IMG_1111_zpsdf65af8b.jpg

IMG_1112_zpsd49a33b2.jpg

IMG_1113_zpsbad80407.jpg

IMG_1114_zpsb538eb7c.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1113_zpsbad80407.jpg
    IMG_1113_zpsbad80407.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1112_zpsd49a33b2.jpg
    IMG_1112_zpsd49a33b2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1111_zpsdf65af8b.jpg
    IMG_1111_zpsdf65af8b.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1110_zps8d21ce18.jpg
    IMG_1110_zps8d21ce18.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1114_zpsb538eb7c.jpg
    IMG_1114_zpsb538eb7c.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 142
DUDE! This is frickin awesome! :D

Thank you. I have definitely learned so much about working with foam. I think I may go back and redo my Gen 2 'Busa suit haha.

are you going to find a voice program to make you sound like one.

I already have the voice of a Dovahkiin haha (I've a deep voice), I just need to work on my shouts. For that, though, I might just make a little app for my ipod that stores a few shouts and hook it up to a speaker.

I have also decided that I will join the Dark Brotherhood so I'll add a red handprint somewhere. A friend suggested I get a black cape to go along with the armor. I think it might look interesting with a cape and if I do get the cape I'll put the emblem on that.

My god. Your smithing is like 1000. lmao. but dude liike totally awesome. the details looks better then that of the actual game even the HD game mods on PC

-- Update --

No painted parts in this update :p. I had a couple of minutes to think about how exactly I was going to go about making this great sword, ensuring I could still whack people with the sword ;), haha no it just has to be LARP friendly to be allowed in without a sheath. Besides, who makes a sheath for a 5' tall sword? I've decided to go with a hybrid pep/foam build.

sword_zps22b4ddcf.jpg

So the red area will be pepped, then resin coated outside, fiberglass the outside (no small details to worry about covering up unlike armor pieces :D), rondo the inside for added rigidity if needed, and then sanded, detailed, and painted.

The grey areas are the blades of the sword and they will be made out of foam by using the pep as a template and shaping the blade with a dremel and some files. I will also have to grind down the side with the diamond pattern on it. From there I'll seal them in caulking and paint them with the same method I use on the plates of my armor. Lastly will be to hot glue the foam blades to the fiberglass core.

I hope this gives me a pretty solid sword. I don't actually plan on hitting people with this, it just has to be LARP friendly for it to be allowed into the festivals without a sheath. I'll start work on it after my armor is finished

My god. Your smithing is like 1000. lmao. but dude liike totally awesome. the details looks better then that of the actual game even the HD game mods on PC

Thanks. I've improved tremendously since starting with foam on my 'Busa build.

Attachments

• sword_zps22b4ddcf.jpg
    sword_zps22b4ddcf.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 165
which shouts are you going to use... because some might be hard to pull off with out the aid of an air cannon.

every one better look out it's the big bad dragon born and he's going to shout your house down

I'm loving the progress you've made on this costume so far!

Do you plan on adding a top coat of clear paint? I would recommend a top coat of high gloss enamel spray paint. It will accentuate the silver and give your armor more of a "metal" look. It'll also help protect your paint from wear. I made a pair of Daedric gauntlets for my boyfriend and he can't help but whip it out in front of friends and show off (get your head out of the gutter). :p

every one better look out it's the big bad dragon born and he's going to shout your house down

I'm playing around with some ideas but I can't quite get the force I want from the small makeshift air cannon.

I'm loving the progress you've made on this costume so far!

Do you plan on adding a top coat of clear paint? I would recommend a top coat of high gloss enamel spray paint. It will accentuate the silver and give your armor more of a "metal" look. It'll also help protect your paint from wear. I made a pair of Daedric gauntlets for my boyfriend and he can't help but whip it out in front of friends and show off (get your head out of the gutter). :p

Thank you. I had planned on using a matte clear coat just as a protective layer. The black (I guess the ebony parts) I painted with a flat black spray paint and the metallic spray paint actually stands out really well and appears metallic, (the pictures don't quite capture the specular effect of the paint very well). I prefer the flat, non-gloss appearance of the armor. Also the matte clear coat will give it a more rugged and dirty appearance as opposed to the high-gloss. I'm glad you are enjoying my build and I've got some more exciting stuff on the way!

wow impeccable job you did on this! I LOVE sky rim and it's great to see someone else do a build especially one that is quite intricate. great job! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back