Demogorgon's Dovahkiin Daedric Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh didnt see them lol thanks, there very very foam friendly!!! yay! got a question. how you going to do the fingers??

ahh didnt see them lol thanks, there very very foam friendly!!! yay! got a question. how you going to do the fingers??

For the fingers I was thinking of pepping them out, maybe cut the tips in foam so I don't accidentally stab someone or myself haha. When pepping them, I won't put an entire finger together, but rather keep them separated at the joints and glue them directly to the gloves. I'll be working on them after the shoulders are done and I'll post pictures of how I'll be assembling them on the glove. Also the spike that covers the back of the hand I removed from the gauntlet and will be adding it to the glove instead. This way I can bend my hand properly.

Very nice work so far ;) damn this shoulders did the Same.mistake :D to the Fingers and.gauntlets issue: i tried it one Day and have to.say: Cut off that handcovering piece like.you suggested - it works fine with it attached to the armpiece but you'll poke everything.and everyone with it :p

Very nice work so far ;) damn this shoulders did the Same.mistake :D to the Fingers and.gauntlets issue: i tried it one Day and have to.say: Cut off that handcovering piece like.you suggested - it works fine with it attached to the armpiece but you'll poke everything.and everyone with it :p

Thanks, I'll still have that piece only it will be glued to the glove so that I will be able to bend my hand backwards. Also it will be foam, along with the fingertips, that way when I poke someone, or myself, it won't hurt haha.

oh yes dragon fingres are all the rage these day's that and lasers. lol. plus I've got a game bug problem I can't seem to find a way around i'll pm you the details.

Well I've decided that I am finished and will move on to detailing and painting. I will be keeping just one pauldron as I feel it gives it a more unique look. I've decided to keep the fingers off for now, though I may add them later. I went ahead and used an old guitar hero strap to put around the waist of the torso to close it together. I used the remaining strips to attach the thigh pieces to the torso, hanging them from the waist strap by creating loops. I might come in and remove some of the foam just above the shoulders so that I can bend my arms further upwards without lifting the entire chest piece. I can lift them about parallel to the ground which is still pretty good. Now all I need is a weapon...

CAM00439_zps472b03ca.jpg

Attachments

• CAM00439_zps472b03ca.jpg
    CAM00439_zps472b03ca.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 169
right this way. said Johnson rip. and yeah just by looking at it I can say adding some burns to the left side of the helmet doesn't;t seem that bad.

Well I've decided that I am finished and will move on to detailing and painting. I will be keeping just one pauldron as I feel it gives it a more unique look. I've decided to keep the fingers off for now, though I may add them later. I went ahead and used an old guitar hero strap to put around the waist of the torso to close it together. I used the remaining strips to attach the thigh pieces to the torso, hanging them from the waist strap by creating loops. I might come in and remove some of the foam just above the shoulders so that I can bend my arms further upwards without lifting the entire chest piece. I can lift them about parallel to the ground which is still pretty good. Now all I need is a weapon...

CAM00439_zps472b03ca.jpg

WHOA Those physics, that mirror has a reflection of you from the front, even though its behind you :$

Attachments

• CAM00439_zps472b03ca.jpg
    CAM00439_zps472b03ca.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 174
WHOA Those physics, that mirror has a reflection of you from the front, even though its behind you :$
Whoa. That is weird. That is one cool mirror you have there

I'm glad you guys enjoy my physics-defying mirror haha.

Looking really good! I'm curious to the result :)

Thanks!

SO I really don't care too much for for plasti-dip, it's not very cost effective and there are much better and cheaper ways to seal the foam. I'm going to test Rustolium Leak Seal, Silicon caulking, and PVA glue to see which one I like better, (all methods work, just going to decide which one I want to go with.) I have a couple tubes of Acrylic latex silicon caulking already so I may just use that to seal the foam, (which is what I use to seal gaps with and I can get 100x the amount of coverage compared to plasti-dip). I believe it is also sand-able so that's a plus. I'll let you guys know which sealing method I choose :).

Whoa Dude that went fast ;) very nice work! Looking forward to see your color-choices - will.you make it more like the original with Black and.dark Grey or Do you want a brighter version?

Whoa Dude that went fast ;) very nice work! Looking forward to see your color-choices - will.you make it more like the original with Black and.dark Grey or Do you want a brighter version?

I'll be going with the default, in-game paint scheme. I've been practicing my technique to add the wrinkled, wavy, grainy, whatever you would call that texture haha. Luckily, the way I'll be doing it, I won't need to add the raised areas because doing the texture will create that effect. I'll add photos when I get there. I've also strapped the shoulder/upper arm to the torso piece, the plates under the big pauldrons. For the rivets, I'll be using thumb tacks with the dome top on them, and as they are already metal, I can apply them after I paint.

I'll be going with the default, in-game paint scheme. I've been practicing my technique to add the wrinkled, wavy, grainy, whatever you would call that texture haha. Luckily, the way I'll be doing it, I won't need to add the raised areas because doing the texture will create that effect. I'll add photos when I get there. I've also strapped the shoulder/upper arm to the torso piece, the plates under the big pauldrons. For the rivets, I'll be using thumb tacks with the dome top on them, and as they are already metal, I can apply them after I paint.

There is a technique involving plastic kitchen film used when people are doing marbling on TV sets which you can look up for the wrinkled effect. As for rivets have you tried small blobs of hot glue? It depends on the size of them though.

There is a technique involving plastic kitchen film used when people are doing marbling on TV sets which you can look up for the wrinkled effect. As for rivets have you tried small blobs of hot glue? It depends on the size of them though.

I have thought about using hot glue to make the rivets but, knowing me, they would all come out different sizes. Plus by using the thumb tacks, all I have to do is put a little hot glue on the underside and stick it into the foam. As for the wrinkle effect, I'm actually going to use hot glue to create the ridges. I applied caulking to seal the foam, which is sand-able :). Then I took hot glue and just created lines everywhere. Here's an example on a test piece:

IMG_1053_zpsf8844a00.jpg

IMG_1047_zpsa3cdb7b3.jpg

Here is another image of all the pieces strapped and ready to paint (added the shoulder parts to the torso):

CAM00452_zps822feda0.jpg

I'll go into how I strapped it up a little bit. As I believe I mentioned before, I used an old guitar hero guitar strap. I strapped it around my waist and put the torso on, I marked the open space on one side and then took both the torso and strap off. I then glued the strap to the inside of the torso, making sure the amount of open space matched the markings on the strap. then I cut the excess off and used that to create loop straps holding the thighs to the torso and just straight straps holding the shoulders together to the torso. The shoulders work perfectly and I have great movement.

Left side strap:

IMG_1054_zpsae4de151.jpg

Right side with adjustment buckle (which surprisingly holds tension enough to where I don't need a parachute buckle):

IMG_1055_zps1e699b5f.jpg

You can see the thighs attached to the waist strap in both pictures.

Here you can see how I strapped the shoulders:

IMG_1057_zpsce6dd1b4.jpg

Lastly, the torso with the shoulders:

IMG_1058_zpsf056fc31.jpg

Right now I am sealing everything in the silicone caulking and then I'll be adding the hot glue to create the ridges. I also finally got a response from the Medieval Faire and they said I will be allowed to bring in the greatsword, yaaay. They'll just have to inspect it before they allow me in with it.....I still have to build it though xD

--EDIT--

Update pictures. Finished caulking the helmet. I'll let it cure over night and then sand tomorrow:

IMG_1063_zps68213274.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1053_zpsf8844a00.jpg
    IMG_1053_zpsf8844a00.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1047_zpsa3cdb7b3.jpg
    IMG_1047_zpsa3cdb7b3.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1063_zps68213274.jpg
    IMG_1063_zps68213274.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1058_zpsf056fc31.jpg
    IMG_1058_zpsf056fc31.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1057_zpsce6dd1b4.jpg
    IMG_1057_zpsce6dd1b4.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1055_zps1e699b5f.jpg
    IMG_1055_zps1e699b5f.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1054_zpsae4de151.jpg
    IMG_1054_zpsae4de151.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 150
  • CAM00452_zps822feda0.jpg
    CAM00452_zps822feda0.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 191
-- Update --

Hello everyone! So I've worked on the helmet some more tonight, got it mostly sanded down and added the raised plates:

IMG_1072_zpsfbf130fe.jpg

IMG_1071_zpsec92fe41.jpg

I'll go ahead and show how I went about adding the raised plates. As there are no templates for these details, I had to think about how I was going to apply them, and this is a method I came up with that yielded extremely successful results :)

Using a sharpie, and having Skyrim open on my computer, I free-handed the detailed part onto the helmet. I only have to draw one side since the plate is symmetrical.

IMG_1067_zps861b32f9.jpg

Then I taped tracing paper to the helmet and traced the detail onto the tracing paper.

IMG_1068_zps1945d49c.jpg

I then taped the tracing paper onto regular printer paper (usually you would use 110lb cardstock for your templates but I didn't have any. Regular paper, with care, does the job just as well). For this particular part, I folded a piece of paper in half when I put the tracing paper on it.

IMG_1069_zps31282448.jpg

Then when I cut the detail out, I just unfolded the paper and I had a single piece, perfectly symmetrical.

IMG_1070_zpsc8a31485.jpg

Then I just traced this onto the foam, cut it out, and glued them to their proper spots on the helmet.

I just repeated this process for the rest of the plates. Hopefully this mini tutorial helps someone out there in the 405th haha.

I'm polishing up some sanding and then I'll add the ridges on the horns with the hot glue. I think the ridges are the parts made of Ebony so I'll be referring to them as the ebony texture henceforth haha.

-- EDIT --

Finished the ebony texture on the helmet. I sprayed it with what little I had left of some black and I'm pretty excited with how it looks.

IMG_1076_zps728582cc.jpg

IMG_1079_zps56c0b7b3.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1071_zpsec92fe41.jpg
    IMG_1071_zpsec92fe41.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1072_zpsfbf130fe.jpg
    IMG_1072_zpsfbf130fe.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1070_zpsc8a31485.jpg
    IMG_1070_zpsc8a31485.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 175