Destiny 2 "Better Devils" Hand Cannon 3D model

Discussion in 'Non-Halo Costumes and Props' started by mblackwell1002, Oct 14, 2017.

1. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Hello Everyone!

It's been a little while since I posted a 3D project of mine...

Today I have solved that problem.

Behold, the Better Devils/The Steady Hand/True Prophecy hand cannon!
    Better Devils Hand Cannon full v2.png
    This is just the base pre-release white paintjob. I had considered doing other paintjobs, but I only like the Better Devils skin...and I don't want to upset lord salad head, but his "steady hand" skin looks like diarrhea:
    destiny_2_iron_banner_weapons_hand_cannon_the_steady_hand.jpg
    Yeah...
    barf.png

And to tell the truth, this model has a bit of an identity crisis. :p It's a bit of a blend between the D2 pre-release design and the D2 final design. There aren't a lot of detail differences, but those with a keen eye can point them out. :)

So for those who can point out the differences, i'll give you a pat on the back. You're welcome. :D

Anywho, I'm printing this guy as I speak; pictures will be up tomorrow.

Thanks for looking and stay tuned for future updates!

2. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Alright....some pictures as promised. A little late, but still...they're here.
    Better Devils pic 1.JPG
    better devils pic 2.JPG
    Print quality is decent at best, tbh. A lot of clean up for me to do later, but ah...oh well.

And may I also mention that this thing is massive?! It's a freakin' cannon! Oh...wait...

Thanks for looking, and stay tuned for some sanding and finishing progress!

3. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke

I'll stay tuned. :) Do Lord Salad Head proud!

Dirtdives and SI3RRA 117 like this.
  4. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Hand Cannon progress underway. Still heaps of work to do, but it's looking a lot better.
    HC 1.JPG HC 2.JPG HC 4.JPG HC 3.JPG HC 5.JPG
    I'm pretty excited, tbh. I'd like to make this thing cast-worthy, but only time and my own patience will tell if that will happen. ;)

Until next time, guardians! Thanks for looking!

5. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

Got some intricate sanding to do. Good luck it’s comigg out great so far. (y)

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  6. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Well...I guess I have some progress for you all. :)

About 2 months later and I have this hand cannon pretty much done.
    IMG_2462[1].JPG
    IMG_2463[1].JPG IMG_2464[1].JPG IMG_2465[1].JPG IMG_2466[1].JPG
    I'm very proud thus far. All that's left to do is a little bit of clean-up, painting, and some rubberized laser cut grips with a hexagon pattern!

Thanks for looking everyone!

7. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

Very nice.... I’d definitely call that cast worthy!!

Dirtdives and mblackwell1002 like this.
  8. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

That is a sweet piece man. Great job.

9. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Thank you for the compliments, guys! I'm working in the templates for the rubberized grips right now!
    After that's done, painting can commence!
    pistol grip.png
    I'll be going with the paintjob shown here:
    true prophecy blue.png
    As you can probably see, there are hexagon textured grips in the front underbarrel of the weapon. I'll be adding those as well.

So...stay tuned for more headache-inducing progress!(my own headaches, that is :p)

10. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

No....I think you got it right the first time.......You are very good at headache induction.......

11. BlazedStarbon

BlazedStarbon RMO 405th Regiment Officer

Better Devils is probably my favourite D2 hand canon. Fantastic work! (I'm a bit envious that I cannot have prop to carry like this lol)

12. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Thanks! You can use the model if you would like to print/finish one yourself! I might be making casts sometime in the future, but that's kinda undetermined ATM.

I personally like True Prophecy a little better, it takes a little bit of patience to use at first, but once you get the hang of the weapon, you can really mow people down. It has become one of my favorite weapons after the latest sandbox update. Better Devils used to be my favorite, but True Prophecy is a 3-shot kill if you get all headshots, and a 5-shot kill with all body shots, so a pretty quick TTK if you land all your shots. Aim assist is a little less than Better Devils, but the TTK is way worth it IMO! It's a lot of fun and a very rewarding weapon!

BlazedStarbon likes this.