Status
Not open for further replies.

mblackwell1002

Sr Member
Hello Everyone!

It's been a little while since I posted a 3D project of mine...

Today I have solved that problem.

Behold, the Better Devils/The Steady Hand/True Prophecy hand cannon!
Better Devils Hand Cannon full v2.png

This is just the base pre-release white paintjob. I had considered doing other paintjobs, but I only like the Better Devils skin...and I don't want to upset lord salad head, but his "steady hand" skin looks like diarrhea:
destiny_2_iron_banner_weapons_hand_cannon_the_steady_hand.jpg
Yeah...
barf.png

And to tell the truth, this model has a bit of an identity crisis. :p It's a bit of a blend between the D2 pre-release design and the D2 final design. There aren't a lot of detail differences, but those with a keen eye can point them out. :)

So for those who can point out the differences, i'll give you a pat on the back. You're welcome. :D

Anywho, I'm printing this guy as I speak; pictures will be up tomorrow.

Thanks for looking and stay tuned for future updates!

Alright....some pictures as promised. A little late, but still...they're here.
Better Devils pic 1.JPG

better devils pic 2.JPG

Print quality is decent at best, tbh. A lot of clean up for me to do later, but ah...oh well.

And may I also mention that this thing is massive?! It's a freakin' cannon! Oh...wait...

Thanks for looking, and stay tuned for some sanding and finishing progress!

Thank you for the compliments, guys! I'm working in the templates for the rubberized grips right now!
After that's done, painting can commence!
pistol grip.png

I'll be going with the paintjob shown here:
true prophecy blue.png

As you can probably see, there are hexagon textured grips in the front underbarrel of the weapon. I'll be adding those as well.

So...stay tuned for more headache-inducing progress!(my own headaches, that is :p)

Better Devils is probably my favourite D2 hand canon. Fantastic work! (I'm a bit envious that I cannot have prop to carry like this lol)
Thanks! You can use the model if you would like to print/finish one yourself! I might be making casts sometime in the future, but that's kinda undetermined ATM.

I personally like True Prophecy a little better, it takes a little bit of patience to use at first, but once you get the hang of the weapon, you can really mow people down. It has become one of my favorite weapons after the latest sandbox update. Better Devils used to be my favorite, but True Prophecy is a 3-shot kill if you get all headshots, and a 5-shot kill with all body shots, so a pretty quick TTK if you land all your shots. Aim assist is a little less than Better Devils, but the TTK is way worth it IMO! It's a lot of fun and a very rewarding weapon!

A little bit more sanding later and I have begun painting this bad boy.
Sorry, my phone's camera isn't too awesome. :/
IMG_2511[1].JPG
IMG_2507[1].JPG
Aaaannnnddd...it doesn't take good close-ups.

This is a 3-layer weathering Paintjob like Boba Fett's armor in the original trilogy using my airbrush. I'm trying to take my time and make the paintjob look as professional as possible, and making it look like it's been beat up very badly over the years. (kinda like how you put new shaders on your weapons over and over in D2) It takes forever, but the paint quality supersedes that of spray paint by a landslide. I just need some blue paint, and progress will resume!

Thanks for looking everyone! Feel free to critique me!

You always work barefoot?? Lol looking pretty sweet. The cannon not your feet. Anxious to see how your grips come out as well. Are those CH pedals I see by your feet?

A little bit more sanding later and I have begun painting this bad boy.
Sorry, my phone's camera isn't too awesome. :/
View attachment 251762
View attachment 251761
Aaaannnnddd...it doesn't take good close-ups.

This is a 3-layer weathering Paintjob like Boba Fett's armor in the original trilogy using my airbrush. I'm trying to take my time and make the paintjob look as professional as possible, and making it look like it's been beat up very badly over the years. (kinda like how you put new shaders on your weapons over and over in D2) It takes forever, but the paint quality supersedes that of spray paint by a landslide. I just need some blue paint, and progress will resume!

Thanks for looking everyone! Feel free to critique me!

Welcome to the world of airbrush master race. What brand of paint are you using or are you mixing and thinning your own?

Welcome to the world of airbrush master race. What brand of paint are you using or are you mixing and thinning your own?
I am using Testors enamel paints. I still mix and thin them to get the right shade and consistency, but I still buy 'em. Kinda pricey compared to spray paints, but I get way more freedom with the airbrush. I still haven't really figured out what air pressures are best for enamel paints in different consistencies, so i'm still learning.

Also, I started using liquid latex, too. I kinda went overboard on the front of the gun. :( I think i'll give it a light sanding and put another coat or two on later. I still have to put a coat of matte black on most of the gun.

I am using Testors enamel paints. I still mix and thin them to get the right shade and consistency, but I still buy 'em. Kinda pricey compared to spray paints, but I get way more freedom with the airbrush. I still haven't really figured out what air pressures are best for enamel paints in different consistencies, so i'm still learning.

Also, I started using liquid latex, too. I kinda went overboard on the front of the gun. :( I think i'll give it a light sanding and put another coat or two on later. I still have to put a coat of matte black on most of the gun.

I find that airbrush paint is way cheaper overall, could just be the price differences of things up in Canada. If you get a chance, try out the Vallejo Model Air line of paints, their metallic and iridescent paints are fantastic.

I find that airbrush paint is way cheaper overall, could just be the price differences of things up in Canada. If you get a chance, try out the Vallejo Model Air line of paints, their metallic and iridescent paints are fantastic.
Awesome. Will do. Testor's metallic paints aren't too awesome, I'll probably make that switch soon.

Paints around here are about 3 or so USD for a bottle the size of your thumb. Spray paints are about 3 USD for a large spray can. Big price difference, I might need to order from Canada, lol.

Awesome. Will do. Testor's metallic paints aren't too awesome, I'll probably make that switch soon.

Paints around here are about 3 or so USD for a bottle the size of your thumb. Spray paints are about 3 USD for a large spray can. Big price difference, I might need to order from Canada, lol.

$4.50 CAD for a Vallejo bottle, $8ish CAD for a 312g spray can. Yup.

I could also send a care package down your way. Also, how do you know how big my thumbs are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back