Destiny 2 Crystocerene Titan Helmet

I redid my wetsanding during a little build session with TastyGumbo . Going to start priming and painting tomorrow!
20231008_153557.jpg

I got the white primer on
20231009_123228.jpg

I also painted silver around the general area with silver parts. A little hard to see in the picture but it's there. I probably won't have time today but I'm going to tape up the areas I want to keep silver. There's going to be some spots that are too small to cover with tape so I'll just use rub n buff on them later while weathering.
20231009_125245.jpg

Just noticed I hadn't shown which shader I was going for. I'm making this helmet have carminica. I also noticed some details on this model aren't exact, so I'm just going to interpret sections and paint sections in a way I think makes sense to me.
61a11712-4b1d-4c38-8d07-758f2a9a2595.png

I masked off the sections I want to keep silver. It's too windy today to paint the red. I'll try to do that tomorrow morning. Also I ordered a visor sheet. The visor should arrive by the time I'm done painting.
20231010_154048.jpg

It’s always good to see some destiny builds! I have a hard time finding files for the ones I use that’s not from Destinystlgenerator. Great Job! Excited to see how this turns out.

It’s always good to see some destiny builds! I have a hard time finding files for the ones I use that’s not from Destinystlgenerator. Great Job! Excited to see how this turns out.
Thank you! I got this file from DakotaDanielsDesigns but I'm not sure if the file is still available. I saw he made a more accurate version for himself and I was considering switching files if he had it available but I didn't see either of them when I checked.

Thank you! I got this file from DakotaDanielsDesigns but I'm not sure if the file is still available. I saw he made a more accurate version for himself and I was considering switching files if he had it available but I didn't see either of them when I checked.
I think I may have seen it when it was available, but thanks for the info! I’ll keep an eye out for it.

I'm trying out a metallic black paint I haven't used before as well as a frosted pearl clear coat.
20231015_172308.jpg

Here's how the black looks. It's super shiny. I'm pretty happy with it!
20231015_171529.jpg

20231015_171548.jpg

I also did a test for how this new clear coat looks on the black and it tones down the reflectiveness, but keeps that metallic look which I think is really good.
20231015_170834.jpg

Did the clear coat today, I out the visor in, and I did padding.
20231020_121426.jpg
20231020_164357.jpg
20231020_170047.jpg

I unfortunately do not have space to out the fans inside, but the visor can't sit flush with this model design, so there's some natural air flow and the visor doesn't fog. This means I'm also not sure if I'll have space for LEDs or a speaker like I wanted. This helmets build progress may very likely end here. I might do more modifications or use another model file in the future.

A little late but I wore my Crystocrene helmet for Halloween with TastyGumbo and his warlock outfit!
IMG_1922.jpg

We took a helmet pic as is tradition.
20231031_235054.jpg

I also messaged the creator of this helmet and have a better idea of how to get the lights in the visor. I'll have to make a sheet with cutouts where I want the lights, then light up the inside of the helmet. So I'll be giving that a try once I find orange LEDs.

I also messaged the creator of this helmet and have a better idea of how to get the lights in the visor. I'll have to make a sheet with cutouts where I want the lights, then light up the inside of the helmet. So I'll be giving that a try once I find orange LEDs.

NobleofDeath16 did something really clever in his suit to get the color lights that he wanted. I saw him using white LEDs with a gel to get what ever color he wanted.

NobleofDeath16 did something really clever in his suit to get the color lights that he wanted. I saw him using white LEDs with a gel to get what ever color he wanted.
Oh that'd be interesting to try out! I did find orange LEDs too. The only thing I'm trying to figure out now is a compact power source because there is very little room inside this helmet.

When you say only a little bit of room - how much are you talking about?

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back