Destiny Beta, spoilers open at your risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to getting "Raiding party" with the 405th clan.

By my count, I'd have 9 of those achievements already if Beta gameplay counted towards it. Possibly more, depending on what classifies as a "raid" and/or "strike."

As far as I know, nothing from the beta will carry over, except your new emblem/title.

Raids and Strikes are very different. Strike missions are what the "devils lair" mission was. Raids were not in the beta and will be verrrrrrry long, which, confirmed by Bungie, will take hours to complete one, but you get some pretty sweet loot from them as well as achievements.

For Raids, you have to have 5 people from your friends list play with you, no match making, no randoms joining each other, strictly limited to playing with people on your friends list. Everyone in the clan should send friend invites to everyone else. There will be a thread started about a week before launch that will organize raids and we will also utilize the clan feature in the companion app/website. We won't be able to raid until end game, I think, which is level 20.

So, is level 20 a reference to campaign level (like Halo 4 had I think it was 8 "levels" to the campaign)? I'm fairly certain it can't be referring to character level, as IGN and Bungie (as well as other gaming sources) have mentioned character levels above 20. I wonder what the character level cap will be, or if there even will be one (I'd imagine there would have to be, but who knows).

I currently only have two 405th members on my XBL friends list, Crimmson and Colfork. Now is there any limit to how many clans you can be in, because I don't want to be forced to choose between the 405th and the Spartan 1 Project, as both communities have been good to me, and if we can be a member of more than one clan, that would give me a total of 4 clan members on my friends list (assuming my 2 S1P friends are in the S1P clan) as well as 5 or 6 other friends who are likely to play Destiny but wouldn't be in either of the two clans, so if it's "clan members only" I'd have to either create/join a third clan with them or else I wouldn't be able to do any raids with them. Then again, considering the amount of time raids are supposed to take, unless we're able to initiate a raid on our own terms and timing (not likely) the chances of doing raids with any of them is slim to none anyway.

All I know is, I want to step back into the boots of my Warlock again, and soon. Just have to come up with the money to do so. We were supposed to have a tag sale last Saturday, but we got rained out. Was hoping if I Could sell a few of my swords and the fairly large "Habitrail" assortment that would cover it, but now our "rain date" is likely to be after the launch, so a pre-order would be out of the question unless I can find a way to make some sales before then.

I had set up a clan and when I did it gave me the option for an alliance with an other clan, but I believe that it is an admin or op privilege only.

On the game night issue I can change the title once the game rolls out. Or wr can just start a new one if you guys and gals so choose, but what to name it. Reason I ask is that their is multiple clans set up with the 405th name and many others created by members here. We can either choose to band together and have one thread and one clan and keep the thread clean with dates. Or create multiple threads for each clan which will create a bunch of threads and not be cluttered with info from a bunch of clans. This of course if everyone keeps up with the thread in question.

Honestly, the hardest looking achievement out of all of them seems to be the Kill a Titan, Warlock, and Hunter in PVP without dieing.
I'd say 2nd hardest (at least in terms of the fact that it will be time consuming) is equipping either all Legendary or Exotic gear.
3rd hardest might be reaching the highest obtainable Crucible points in a week.

It appears that Dead Ghost are going to be the collectables of the game rather than just random things you find, but that was already pretty much a given. Needing to find 50 of them should be pretty easy, but it probably comes in as the 4th hardest achievement.

Everything else seems pretty easy.

EDIT: Correction, complete a Strike without anyone in your fireteam dieing might be the hardest one of all.
I'm ready to do this one on the first day though, anyone else who is a hardcore achievement hunter like me can feel free to join me.

"Strength of the Pack" / "Raiding Party"
Complete a Strike / Raid with a full fireteam consisting of only your clan members.

Well, we've already done that multiple times teehee.
But everyone should totally join the clan if you haven't already.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/147052

You must join the group (it is open) AND you must specify whether you will be on the Playstation Clan or the Xbox Clan. Until you specify what platform you are on, you are not officially in the clan and the clan's tag won't appear in your details in-game.

I actually read your post after writing the above Crimmson,
On the game night issue I can change the title once the game rolls out. Or wr can just start a new one if you guys and gals so choose, but what to name it. Reason I ask is that their is multiple clans set up with the 405th name and many others created by members here. We can either choose to band together and have one thread and one clan and keep the thread clean with dates. Or create multiple threads for each clan which will create a bunch of threads and not be cluttered with info from a bunch of clans. This of course if everyone keeps up with the thread in question.

The one I created above already has 14 members, and 10 clanmates on Xbox platforms. It has more members than any of the other similarly named clans, and it is the most recent/fresh of them all. I'd be glad to make anyone administrators if they wanted to be.
It is named "The 405th Halo Costumers"

But In-game it gets shortened to: "The 405th Halo"
which I'll admit is kinda lame.

The most annoying thing is that it won't let you start a clan that begins with a number.

I'd definitely be willing to petition Bungie to alter the restrictions though, or have a name/text field you can change that determines what shows up in-game as your Clan's name.

Zaff, from what I think I know, is that you can be in multiple groups, but only 1 clan at a time. You can switch what clan you are in at any time though (but I'm sure it takes a few minutes to an hour to update what clan you are in).
Demogorgon, I doubt that it will be restricted to your friends list. I doubt that everyone in the raid will need to all be friends with one another. I would bet that all you have to do is just assemble your group while you are all floating in space before going into Raid.
The biggest question will be, can you join back in mid-game if your connection drops, and if someone disconnects in the middle, does that void earning the achievement?

Last edited by a moderator:
So what are most of you guys playing on? Xbox One or Xbox 360? Or is it pretty even between the two? While I want to get it for the PS4, it would be too boring for me since I only have one friend who is possibly getting it for that system. So if it ends up being that most of you guys are getting it for 360 or Xbox One, then I'll just end up shifting my pre-order over to one of those.

I'll be on the 360 probably indefinitely (for Destiny anyways).
I'm not getting rid of my 360 since I keep all the games I get, but I might get an Xbox One on black friday if there is a good deal. I'll still play Destiny on the 360, but I'll have an Xbox One for future games.

So far, the One hasn't really been of interest to me since most of the games I'm interested in are also being released for the 360.

Same here, I'm also on the xbox one. I got the xbox one for the newer halo games that are coming in the future (master chief collection).

I'll be on the 360. And as far as I've seen the highest character level was 29. Very curious to see how that all works.

Now if two clans become "allies" any idea on how that will work with the clan-related achievements? For example, the clan raid achievement needs a total of 6 people. If I have two more 405th clan members and three S1P members (assuming the 405th and S1P clans become allies) would that still count, or would we need all 6 to be from a single clan?

I'll be on the 360. And as far as I've seen the highest character level was 29. Very curious to see how that all works.

Now if two clans become "allies" any idea on how that will work with the clan-related achievements? For example, the claim raid achievement needs a total of 6 people. If I have two more 405th clan members and three S1P members (assuming the 405th and S1P clans become allies) would that still count, or would we need all 6 to be from a single clan?

I believe all members need to be from a single clan

In that case, I'm going to need to start making some more friends around here. lol.

Let's make a clan! One big clan. And sync up schedules availability etc.

I'm on Xbox one. I have a 360 also but it is for Halo and kids stuff until Master chief collection comes out.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Let's make a clan! One big clan. And sync up schedules availability etc.

I'm on Xbox one. I have a 360 also but it is for Halo and kids stuff until Master chief collection comes out.

I thought we already started a clan... Didn't we? Check earlier in the thread Ryno. I'm pretty sure it's in there.

Just requested to join. Raids are go to take quite a bit of effort so we will have to carve out a portion of the day to attempt. I'm going straight for the epic raider medal so that means complete Raid on hard.

Destiny's Raids - Everything We Know!:
http://youtu.be/bcMR7PNbysA

Like I've already said, all Requests to Join are automatically approved and you are instantly a member of the Group.
You still need to set yourself as either an Xbox Clan member or a Playstation Clan member, otherwise, you are just part of the group and not part of the clan.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in regards to the friends list, unless Destiny has a system for In-Game friends, I think it will be hard for them to implement something on the Xbox 360 that verifies if someone is in your friends list or not.
However, on the Xbox One, I would guess that there is architecture set in place that will allow Destiny to read your friends list.

But idk...

Like I've already said, all Requests to Join are automatically approved and you are instantly a member of the Group.
You still need to set yourself as either an Xbox Clan member or a Playstation Clan member, otherwise, you are just part of the group and not part of the clan.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in regards to the friends list, unless Destiny has a system for In-Game friends, I think it will be hard for them to implement something on the Xbox 360 that verifies if someone is in your friends list or not.
However, on the Xbox One, I would guess that there is architecture set in place that will allow Destiny to read your friends list.

But idk...

Thanks. Can you start a Clan thread? Or just a link for us to share member discussions about games, platforms and scheduling Raids. It may help attract new fire teams. Also it will consolidate parties wanting to play. Raids take a substantial amount of time completing and it will keep a list of 405 th peeps.

I'm already linked with The Beautiful Bastards and can transfer back and forth with whomever is available at specific times.

Peace be with you Guardian.

I definitely will, but not right at this moment. I'm swamped at work and trying to cool down for 15 minutes on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back