Destiny - Phoenix Strife - Unfold Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylenn1537

Good morning!

I noticed a massive lack of Destiny peps for foam or paper. The ones I do find are never an entire suit, just a weapon or helm here and there. I decided to learn Blender and did a complete Retypology of the Strife helm to do an unfold in Pepakura Designer. I've always worked in paper but wanted to give foam a go. The opinions I'm looking for are of the unfold. I intentionally left out the minor details in the helm because they can be easily done after the helm is put together. Does this look right for a foam unfold? I only left the right side in Pep since that is what I noticed other foam unfolders have done. If I can get this right, I plan on releasing the entire suit for free on here.

strife.jpg

strife_example_pep.png

I've gone down this road before on my first cosplay attempt, but I will have to say that the pieces will have to be broken down further in order to fit in side the page. Especially when you have some curved pieces from the mesh. Keep track of which piece belong to which part of the mesh so when it's time to cut it out, you can put it all together without any confusion. Also make sure you label and create registration marks so you can align them properly.

I've gone down this road before on my first cosplay attempt, but I will have to say that the pieces will have to be broken down further in order to fit in side the page. Especially when you have some curved pieces from the mesh. Keep track of which piece belong to which part of the mesh so when it's time to cut it out, you can put it all together without any confusion. Also make sure you label and create registration marks so you can align them properly.
Agreed with this! I did that for a lot of my pieces where I tape them back together after cutting them out

Didn't even think of registration marks! Thanks for the tip! I found someone on Facebook from Australia that is very good a Pep Designer and is helping me clean up the files for foam. Once it is all done, I'll release the entire suit on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back