Deuce's first ODST build, up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deuce

utf-8BSU1BRzAwMTguanBn.jpg
[/IMG]

First build up and running. More pics to come. Thank you for your help so far 405th.

Did you do the pepwork with tape instead of glue!?

The resin makes tape fall right off!

It might fall apart if you try to resin it!

Tape is not a good idea any way you look at it. Even if you harden it with something that doesn't eat the adhesive on the tap you will still have all those tape lines that you would have to smooth out making twice the amount of work. you want to keep the out side surface as clean as you can. Other than that.....Most people will tell you not to use tape in any way. Hot glue, White glue, Tacky glue are a few of the best ways of doing a pep. I myself use Tacky glue. Good luck on you're build, And I hope we save you some time by telling you this.

aw bugger.

Yeah it was electrical tape. Thanks for the heads up guys. Should not be too hard to reverse. I will try hot glue. Thank you for the input. MUCH APPRECIATED!

All you really need to do is slowly replace the tape with glue, and some more advice:

Between the superglues, (a little better and than hotglue because it lacks all the wires, and the burned fingertips)
superglue gel is probably the best. Unlike normal super glue it sets slower so you can adjust the piece and line it up just right, because regular superglue dries in about 5 seconds, so when right when the pieces touch it sets, making it hard to line them up.

Also dont worry about the confusion of us both having the same avatar as I will change mine to my EVA/C helmet when I put in the visor :D

Ha no worries brother, I appreciate it a ton. I will pick up some Super Glue gel and keep in touch with my progress. THANK YOU AGAIN!

i would try hot glue, superglue, and tacky glue and see which one works the best for you. Pretty impressive for using tape man...big ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back