Props Devious's Dmr Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devious

I thought it was about time I post the project I've been working on since the Reach trailer came out. I built this with a combination of Spase's, SPARTAN II's, blueprints, with a few of my own game-inaccurate changes. The body is made of solid MDF, with a pine top piece. The heat shield is made of thinner MDF with the curved piece carved from a block of pine. The barrel is a bit of dowel, and the flash suppressor form bigger dowel. The side details are from a bit of veneer I had lying around. The top rail section, and the cheek plate are both removable, as well as the heat shield. Sadly I did not make a moving bolt or detachable magnum. but the selector switch does! The only metal parts used were screws to attach the rails to the rail mount. Everything else was glued and pegged together with wooden dowel, holes were patched up with wood-filler.

I still have to put in the magazine, trigger, flashlight-rod, and butt-plate, but otherwise I am quite happy with the results so far. I do know however that it is not 100% accurate ie. number of holes in the heat shield and a few other small things.

Now its time for you to see for yourselves, and tell me what you think!

IMGP7568.jpg

IMGP7570.jpg

IMGP7577.jpg

IMGP7579.jpg

IMGP7580.jpg

IMGP7584.jpg

IMGP7587.jpg

IMGP7588.jpg

IMGP7589.jpg

How do you like it? Tips, and feedback are welcome.

P.S. Sorry for the bad pic quality.

Right on man its looking awesome! Operation: Callaghan is gonna have some top notch weaponry thanks to you Lord Devious!!!

mc hammer time said:
Holy shiz! Watch out Lee.....this guy means business

Plus one to what he said (and what jus tabout everyone else said) I need to have a try at wood weapons myself!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again guys!

Pony- I found all my MDF either on the side of the road or lying around in my garage, I believe that lumber stores would sell it though. I used 2 different widths, though I didn't have much of the thinner, had I more the thing would be hollow.

Building wood weapons is pretty easy, all you really need is a good power drill with a a sanding attachment, a jig-saw, and some knives and chisels.

Thank you so much for the support, Ill be posting more ASAP.

Lord Devious said:
Thanks again guys!

Pony- I found all my MDF either on the side of the road or lying around in my garage, I believe that lumber stores would sell it though. I used 2 different widths, though I didn't have much of the thinner, had I more the thing would be hollow.

Building wood weapons is pretty easy, all you really need is a good power drill with a a sanding attachment, a jig-saw, and some knives and chisels.

Thank you so much for the support, Ill be posting more ASAP.

I love seeing other people using the same method I use. <3

But I suggest using very thin sheets of plywood to do all the detailing, it's very practical. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back