DF4L's Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE! 11.23.07

View my personal armour progress here

DF4L's Downloads

NEW! Halo 3 MKVI Smooth V2
NEW! carbine 1:1 scale
NEW! carbine human scale
custom Halo 2 MKVI
needler.pdo
shotty.mqo

-------------------------------------------------------------

[attachment=2013:allangles.jpg]
[attachment=1884:carbineview.jpg]​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also, for all those that cant figure out how to scale the smooth helmet,
-1 get the halo 2 helmet and find your proper scale
-2 after you find your scale, go into the 2DPatternWindow > Scale Up/Down Development by Specified Value, and input your scale in the box for "Scale" click OK.
-3 go back into the 2DPatternWindow > Scale Up/Down Development by Specified Value, and copy the number in the "Assembled Size (height) ### CM" box.
-4 open the halo 3 helmet, go into the 2DPatternWindow > Scale Up/Down Development by Specified Value, and paste the number into the "Assembled Size (height) ### CM" box. (note* this method should work on all helmets, flying squirls, slyfos, etc)

(all of the halo 3 game rip models are in the same scale, so if you wish to do the halo 3 armor, that has been released by sylfo, just use the new number in the "Scale" box after you complete step 4 on the rest of the armour.)
------
finding your scale info
Frizzlefry said:
Here we go peeps.
This should work for the most part, if you have a normal sized body like Chief it should work for sure. But if you are a bit chunky so to speak, or the oposite which would be a bit of a rail (aka, that sexy girl Sean Bradley ;-) ), you will probably want to change the sizing a bit more or less to make sure your limbs and chest fit.
I'm not getting behind the formula because it's a waste of time. It seems no one cares how the math works just as long as it works. So here's what you do.
Add up your height in inches. There is 12" to a foot. We'll use my hieght for the example. I am 5'11" which equals 71 inches.
Divide that by 86: 71/86 = .82558
Multiply that number times the scale it currently is, 30.342: 30.342*0.82558 = 25.04979
Now in Pepakura, go into 2dPatternWindow and select "Scale Up/Down by specifying value"
Under scale, put in the new scale (for this equazion its 25.04979). Do this for all of your pieces to be symmetrical.
One thing to keep in mind
The size of the scale that is in use before you edit it is from the base of the ground to the top outside of MC's helmet. You don't really want the top of your head to be touching the top of the inside of the helmet if you expect it to fit right. So you may want to add two or three inches to your actual hieght before doing the math. This may help other areas as well, where it could come through a bit tight.
Feel free to ask any questions about how it's done here. But I would appreciate it if the PM's for me to scale their armor for them would stop. If you can't do this math (we're not in school, you can use a calculator), I can't help you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Doom

Well-Known Member
dannifood4less said:
hey i just had a few questions,

1.) what are the different types of master chief suits? (please post pics of them and the differences)

2.) which one is this?[attachment=113:Untitled_1.jpg]

3.) where do you guys get the visors, and how know wether it will fit the helmet?
--------------------
side note, i do alot of pepakura/3d work, just finished my newest papercraft, the warthog. warthog Ver2 should be done soon. pm me if you need any help using pepakura
1. Define what you mean by diffrent types of suits. Halo 3 variations, MkV, MkVI?

2. Thats the Halo 2 helmet, part of the MkVI suit.

3. Generally visors or "sheilds" as some call them, can be purchased on ebay and all of them are generally the same shape so they should fit in the helmet. They are also a bit flexible, so they can be put up to some bending or fitting.

Hope it Helps!

-Doom
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Doom said:
1. Define what you mean by diffrent types of suits. Halo 3 variations, MkV, MkVI?

2. Thats the Halo 2 helmet, part of the MkVI suit.

3. Generally visors or "sheilds" as some call them, can be purchased on ebay and all of them are generally the same shape so they should fit in the helmet. They are also a bit flexible, so they can be put up to some bending or fitting.

Hope it Helps!

-Doom
.. ok thats what i ment by different types of suits,, so there only MKV (halo), and MKVI (halo2 & 3)?

..thanks, although this model isnt completly accurate, right? according to refrence pictures, its missing grooves on the top, and the visor doesnt have theat part that rises in the middle, nor does it have the field of vision recticle (link)

ill start working on updating this 3d model.. can anyone post high resolution pics of the armors parts, i want to go into the 3d modles and touch them up a bit. if im gonna do this, i want it to be more accurate....thanks in advance.

.. anyone know how to get the visor to look similar to the actual MKVI's visor?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Doom

Well-Known Member
dannifood4less said:
.. ok thats what i ment by different types of suits,, so there only MKV (halo), and MKVI (halo2 & 3)?

..thanks, although this model isnt completly accurate, right? according to refrence pictures, its missing grooves on the top, and the visor doesnt have theat part that rises in the middle, nor does it have the field of vision recticle (link)

ill start working on updating this 3d model.. can anyone post high resolution pics of the armors parts, i want to go into the 3d modles and touch them up a bit. if im gonna do this, i want it to be more accurate....thanks in advance.

.. anyone know how to get the visor to look similar to the actual MKVI's visor?
MkV Is Halo 1 Armor. MkVI is Halo 2 and supposdly Halo 3, But obviously the Halo 3 model is updated. What you have is simply the Halo 2 model. The Halo 3 version of the model isn't public currently.

The model is not completly accurate because it was meant for Halo 2, In order for the game to play smoothly, the models need to be fairly simple and low poly. What you see ingame that shows you detail and makes it look pretty is simply textures, bump maps and the setup of shaders.

You should be able to find refrences around the forum here, but Pepakura was never meant to give you perfectly detailed armor. It was only ever meant to be as a base to work of and detail. A fellow member smilie, you may have seen him around, he made a Pepakura suit and helmet, the helmet was just the pepakura and that was it. No detail added or anything. Well now if you look Here, you can see he has gone back, made a completly new Pep helmet, fiberglassed it and is now using clay to detail the helmet. This method is highly suggested.

Using two of these "sheilds" or a similar ones, you could use Sean Bradleys Dual Layer Visor Tutorial. I know the sheilds cost quite a bit, I don't blame you if you didn't want to spend 70$+ to get a good looking visor, I wouldn't. You will have to ask Sean what visor he uses, but I belive its the one I linked you too.

Whew, lotta linking. Hope it Helps!

-Doom
 
Last edited by a moderator:
dannifood4less said:
WOW that visor tutorial is awesome, i think ill do it that way. thanks. i have experiance in doing bondo/fiberglassing i have fabricated a few aftermarket bodykits, this should come along nicly. just need the time, (and money) to begin this
quoted myself :)

i had a general question for those of you that have the armor sets finished.
i just did the forearm, and theres no way in hell imfitting my hand thru the wrist opening. the size overall is good, itll give a nice fit around my wrist, but only if i can get my hand thru. i figure ill just sand it bigger after i fiberglass it. (although i was kinda hoping i could test fit all the parts) anyways heres a pic, thanks in advance for input.
[attachment=146:forearm.jpg]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

drgon47

Well-Known Member
As mentioned somewhere else I forget where, this armor is not designed for the normal human being. So you may have to take some Creative Liscening to get everything to work. Same with getting the parts to have enough flexability so they dont bonk each other when you move your limbs around. That said, looks good!
 
drgon47 said:
As mentioned somewhere else I forget where, this armor is not designed for the normal human being. So you may have to take some Creative Liscening to get everything to work. Same with getting the parts to have enough flexability so they dont bonk each other when you move your limbs around. That said, looks good!
thanks, ill post more pics later tonight. BTW my armor is going to be a "hybrid armor" pepakura/clay molded next build is going to be wearable Elite armor. its in the work as im building this.. hehe



---- ohhh. are there any other major design flaws in the armor? legs look like they should fit just fine..
 
Last edited by a moderator:

drgon47

Well-Known Member
Well, so far with pepkura for me, Ive had a bit of trouble with the top parts of the calf pieces because whenever you try to walk, let alone run, they bash into the thighs alot. So Im going to be trimming my final ones down. Same with the Forearms. Right near the elbow those spine things stick out REALLY far. So Im going to shorten them up. Same again for the shoulders. Its just little stuff like that that you to modify to your specific body build.
 

FinAeros

Well-Known Member
With the Pepakura files, you have to tweak 'em a little to get the proportions right. You can't always use the same scaling for each part and have it turn out right.


When you do the thigh pieces, you might consider doing the serpentine overlaps out of material similar to a rubber car floor mat instead of out of fiberglassed pepakura, since it'd be a little.... Hard and awkward to move right with it a hard-bodied solid. I think I've seen someone else around here do something similar.e
 
ok,,, i had another question pop into my head,, how is everyone mounting the visors inside the helmets? i have a few ideas, but i was wondering how everyone is doing it.
 

drgon47

Well-Known Member
Epoxy ? I dont think regular fiberglas resin would hold it in place, so I think I'm going to use some 5 minute epoxy.
 

Chaman

Jr Member
I'm going to build up the inside of my helm & make a mount, but that's me (I tend to make things more complicated, but it keeps me from taking stuff apart)

You might concider making the forearms & calves two pieces
I'll pull some pics & show where I plan on doing it
 

flying squirl

Well-Known Member
looking good. i like the details. :cool:

as for the elite, ive figured out how to make it so you dont need to move the peices very much and you can still retain the basic outline. mind you it does mean you need to make funny lil stilts about 8 inches high but other then thats it works... in theory.
 
flying_squirl said:
looking good. i like the details. :cool:

as for the elite, ive figured out how to make it so you dont need to move the peices very much and you can still retain the basic outline. mind you it does mean you need to make funny lil stilta about 8 inches high but other then thats it works... in theory.
thanks! , next ill build yours! (after halloween)
if you get aim contact me there, or just pm. Either way, i think im going to make that version for thos people that just wantthe look of an elite, i mean even though its in a human stance it still looks just like an elite. i was happy about how it looks..

sidenote* the pdo file for my MKVIv2 helmet is in my sig, and the build wasnt that bad, there is 2 redlines in there that wont generate flaps, but i put text where to add them. it was a fairly easy build, its my third helmet ive done, and can honestly say it wasnt really harder than the first model, just take your time when scoring.
--------
edit-
i had been doing my resin and fiberglass, and today i got my visor! i cut and test fit it, it looks beautiful!, i can only afford one at the moment, but ill get another in a week. i put all my progress on my new flickr account. i also picked up a few odds and ends at work for super cheap (98c section) come clips and elastic, to hold the armor

take a look here
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ahanix

New Member
Hey,

Thanks for this awesome Pep File,

As for scaling, I am trying to figure out how I can get this to work. after doing some math with my height from the Sticky Official Pepakura Scaling Thread I summed up my Dimensions to be at around 28.2h 24.6w 36d, But after looking at this I know that cant be correct. the current dimensions for yours are 26.2x33.6x23.0 Is it pretty big? does it leave room for cooling or padding?

Thanks for your advice, I have been looking for a good MkVI helm to make with some decent detail so I dont have to load the thing with bondo and I need to get started here sometime soon with halloween right around the corner :lol:
 
Ahanix said:
Hey,

Thanks for this awesome Pep File,

As for scaling, I am trying to figure out how I can get this to work. after doing some math with my height from the Sticky Official Pepakura Scaling Thread I summed up my Dimensions to be at around 28.2h 24.6w 36d, But after looking at this I know that cant be correct. the current dimensions for yours are 26.2x33.6x23.0 Is it pretty big? does it leave room for cooling or padding?

Thanks for your advice, I have been looking for a good MkVI helm to make with some decent detail so I dont have to load the thing with bondo and I need to get started here sometime soon with halloween right around the corner :lol:
your head is 28cm tall? and you think my 26cm tall helmet is big? did i miss something? just use the formula in the scaling thread. first, scale it to that size then use that formula on you overall height (in centemeters), it should work nicely for the helmet
 
Last edited by a moderator:

LiveSpartan

New Member
Where did u get the pep files for this helmet? I have the pep file for this helmet, but it isnt numbered :( Any direction please?:D
 
LiveSpartan said:
Where did u get the pep files for this helmet? I have the pep file for this helmet, but it isnt numbered :( Any direction please?:D
what? lol

you can turn it on by going into 2DPatternWindow> Show Edge ID.
also, you can turn off the colors i set the faces to by going into BothWindows> Use Materials For Faces

--- a pic to show what ive been doing, a new trick in pepakrua... more to come soon.
[attachment=1272:lookatthis.jpg]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top