DF4L's Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sikarian said:
Hey, hows the work on the human wearable elite pep coming? I'm interested in that :p
yeah i want to work on it more, but i need to finish my MKVI armor first. so after halloween.

Last edited by a moderator:
dannifood4less said:
yeah i want to work on it more, but i need to finish my MKVI armor first. so after halloween.

After? :unsure: I wanted to be one for halloween :(

Your 3d file looks fantastic, any chance I'd be able to smooth talk you into gettin me a copy of the 3d file to work with? I suck horrible at the Designer, but for an Elite armor, I'd fancy a shot at it. I'd also never even publish the .pdo :p Just for my own, cause this is you're baby :)

Sikarian said:
After? :unsure: I wanted to be one for halloween :(

Your 3d file looks fantastic, any chance I'd be able to smooth talk you into gettin me a copy of the 3d file to work with? I suck horrible at the Designer, but for an Elite armor, I'd fancy a shot at it. I'd also never even publish the .pdo :p Just for my own, cause this is you're baby :)
everything i create will be made available as soon as its ready, ill shoot you the prototype pdo soon, theres just a few red lines other than that, its ready to go
a few un resolved things are the hands, and being able to see. your head will be in the elites head but there is no opening thre, i have an idea or 2 ill pm you later about it. and the hands, think modifying a store bought gloves fingers would be best, maybe adding the fingers in pepakura to the end of it.. :)

I'd love to be your guinea pig for the model :p

If anything for the head, you can put it on and determine a location where your eyes would be looking out, mark that off, and then cut it out...replace it with a real dark black mesh, like they use for costuming. Or a mesh thats colored the same as where you cut it out.

May work. I'll have to see once I get one formed and on me :p

The hands would be simple enough just to get some dark gloves, tape index+middle and ring+pinky together with some electrical tape. Might hinder grip a little bit, but should do the trick.

Also, tying the pep armor in with the leg trick seen in Elite Thread would really make for a fancy Elite set.

I'd love to be your guinea pig for the model

If anything for the head, you can put it on and determine a location where your eyes would be looking out, mark that off, and then cut it out...replace it with a real dark black mesh, like they use for costuming. Or a mesh thats colored the same as where you cut it out.

May work. I'll have to see once I get one formed and on me

The hands would be simple enough just to get some dark gloves, tape index+middle and ring+pinky together with some electrical tape. Might hinder grip a little bit, but should do the trick.

Also, tying the pep armor in with the leg trick seen in Elite Thread would really make for a fancy Elite set.

i know thats what i was thinking for the sight issue,, and those legs should work even with this, i can include the original elite leg in a seperate pdo file for those that wish to do this, the place where it opens for the limb is different. ill work on it tonight, but im going out for a few hours, as soon as i get back im gonna get the pdo ready, but i wont be able to build it for a while. i can however guarantee it will build properly tho.
----
edit-
i broke my wrist/hand last night so my work is on hold a bit till my hand recovers. sorry guys, my armor may not even get done in time, i hope i can still finish it , but who knows at this point. i have a "boxers fracture"
-----
edit2-
10-16-07 new pics, my wrist is feeling better now, but work is keeping me busy (i have 2 jobs).. click the link in the first post to see my flickr account, it has recent pics.
-i tried to upload (more) new pics, but im over my limit this month, lol i dont resize my pics, i just upload them. ohh well.

Lookin real good man. I'm closed to finished my Helmet, although I seriously screwed it up on the paint job (spray paint too close = ruined detail). I may end up junking it...but my ex is going to see if she can salvage it, being an artist and all that. I have no creativity lol. I build, I construct, I fix.

I'm dying to get an elite costume underway...any luck on the pep yet? Or even the 3d model so I can start flattening and cutting?

Also, if you need some hosting for images, I'd be more than happy to set you up a web user on my server and let you upload some pics. Unlimited bandwidth, for the most part. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested in it :)

Sikarian said:
Lookin real good man. I'm closed to finished my Helmet, although I seriously screwed it up on the paint job (spray paint too close = ruined detail). I may end up junking it...but my ex is going to see if she can salvage it, being an artist and all that. I have no creativity lol. I build, I construct, I fix.

I'm dying to get an elite costume underway...any luck on the pep yet? Or even the 3d model so I can start flattening and cutting?

Also, if you need some hosting for images, I'd be more than happy to set you up a web user on my server and let you upload some pics. Unlimited bandwidth, for the most part. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested in it :)
allright well ill send you the elite file soon, i diddnt get to sand, i just got beautiful katamari today i was playing it since i got home :)
the 3d model is ready theres an issue with the jaw, its really a personal prefrence tho, right now its just like strips of paper coming out for the mouth, i wanted to extrude it inward and make it a box, so it wont move, but everytime i do, i end up having double faces on the inside that i cant get rid of. also theres one part on his head that always has a red line, i have no clue why, i have completly deleted the whole section and rebuilt it several times, but it still wont connect, and i KNOW for a fact all the faces are connected there,, anyways thats it for now,

i want that glaze stuff now, but it looks like itll have to wait till after halloween. :(

-ps, dont scrap your helm over a bad paintjob. lol thats silly

owch, howd you do-in you wrist? sounds sore. i had to perspone my amour till after halo-ween too, just guna wair my jack skellington one instead. what program are you using for editing the model? ive come accross mesh annomies before but a conversion to editable mesh and then back to polly(or vica versa) usuily solves it.

flying_squirl said:
owch, howd you do-in you wrist? sounds sore. i had to perspone my amour till after halo-ween too, just guna wair my jack skellington one instead. what program are you using for editing the model? ive come accross mesh annomies before but a conversion to editable mesh and then back to polly(or vica versa) usuily solves it.
i use metasequoia, and as for my wrist, i uhh,, well i punched a wall, i swear i was like a human stud finder, out of the entire wall, i had to hit the damn stud. the doctor told me it wasnt broken. but as it turns out, a fracture is a type of break, lol and dont be a dumb ass like me, DONT GO FOR A HANDSAHKE WITH A FRACTURED HAND, a buddy i havent seen in forever came in to my work, and i swear he re fractured my hand, but anyways, it feels ok now, enought for me to work and get some of my projects moving again, hell i built the whole chest/backpack with my hand like this, lol, ill be fine..

valdeztke said:
where did you get the kevlar gloves?

harbor freight
im not sure if they have it where you live
i live in southern california and they have it here
these gloves are awesome :] i tried cutting them and it wont cut through
heres a pic of them
CIMG1468.jpg

and heres one of them on me
CIMG1469.jpg

i think the metal shinyness is the flash boucing off of the kevlar threads underneath

yeah theres a harbor frieght here too, i havent been there in a while tho. either way i think ill keep my mechanix gloves i already took off all the tags, and the lettering on the fingers, the other lettering is getting covered up with the guantlet. it was easy to remove it too,, not to mention their so comfy!

Aye, the mechanix gloves are awesome. I wear them with my suit. But theyre my brothers and I havnt bought my own yet, so I cant pull off the tags and such yet.

dannifood4less said:
DONT GO FOR A HANDSAHKE WITH A FRACTURED HAND
haha, ill keep that in mind.

metasequoia? is that the free one? i vaigly recognise the name, i think one of my old classmates is using it atm.

oh, i think i saw someone who had made your helmit there the other day, the shape of the details was very similar. cant rember who doe.

flying_squirl said:
oh, i think i saw someone who had made your helmit there the other day, the shape of the details was very similar. cant rember who doe.
reeealy? i wonder who.. thats cool that someone other than myself built my helm, what about yours squirl? did you make yours yet? yes metasequoia is what i use mostly, and google sketchup

-----------
edit, updated first post NEEDLER.PDO IS DONE!!! (needles must be improvised at the moment ill add them asap.) sorry

i cant for the life of me remember who it was. damn it. its was mainly the bit at the side near the back that stuck me as very similar. yup, i finished it last night. it was bloody hard, i might re-simplify it later. ;) unfortunately i made it about a centimeter and a half to big so ill have to start again. :cautious: but at least i know the bits i need to fix (not that that's much consolation for not being able to use it. bleh). i tried Google Sketchup before but i just couldn't get ust to it, heh, I'm too familiar with max. hows your wrist bdw? any more handshakes?

EDIT: downloading the needler file now. ;)

flying_squirl said:
i cant for the life of me remember who it was. damn it. its was mainly the bit at the side near the back that stuck me as very similar. yup, i finished it last night. it was bloody hard, i might re-simplify it later. ;) unfortunately i made it about a centimeter and a half to big so ill have to start again. :cautious: but at least i know the bits i need to fix (not that that's much consolation for not being able to use it. bleh). i tried Google Sketchup before but i just couldn't get ust to it, heh, I'm too familiar with max. hows your wrist bdw? any more handshakes?

EDIT: downloading the needler file now. ;)
my hand is doin much better thanks, cool let me know when your done simplifying your model.

---- the model for the shotgun is now simplifyed, i havent had the time to open the pdo yet, but i added the file in my first post just open the .mqo file in pepakura.

Status
Not open for further replies.