DF4L's Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on my 3rd pep helmet - first was the tester one to size things. Simple.
Second was a real pain. I sized it down to 90% for my kids. Small pieces. Will never put that one together again.
Third is the DF4L one, scaled down to 90%. What a wonderfully put together pep file. Easy to put together, only a few small pieces, and unfolded very well. I must say that this pep helmet has been a blast to work with.

I'm almost done with the 90% version, and hopefully will put some resin on the outside and glass the inside soon. I also hope to do like MLC has done so I can use one mold and make helmets for my kids, and my nieces and nephews.

id love to see some pics of the new helmet finished, mines looking very nice but i haven't touched it in like a week and a half, cuz ive been busy with work, and enrolling for school at the Art Institute of California-Sac.

when will we see great weapons such as the splaser, gravity hammer, missile pod, rocket launcher, and a good shotty???

Werd Nal said:
when will we see great weapons such as the splaser, gravity hammer, missile pod, rocket launcher, and a good shotty???
ill get back to work on the shotty, since i never finished it. :D also im not going to use that old model i had simplifyed,, im gonna start over.. i have a model of Tartarus' personal Gravity Hammer, the Fist of Rukt, but no model for the halo 3 gravity hammer, but if someone could give me that file i can make a double pack of grav hammers...

no intrest in using pepakura for a R-launcher
no Spartan laser model
no missle pod model

Last edited by a moderator:
12-08-07_1346.jpg

Here it is after the resin. Yesterday I put a layer of glass inside. Not as tough as I thought. I have a final tomorrow, so today and tomorrow I'll be studying. But after that, I plan on doing more to it. Oh, and this will become my master mold. I plan on making a couple of them for my kids, and possibly for some other kids I know.

Vader said:
12-08-07_1346.jpg

Here it is after the resin. Yesterday I put a layer of glass inside. Not as tough as I thought. I have a final tomorrow, so today and tomorrow I'll be studying. But after that, I plan on doing more to it. Oh, and this will become my master mold. I plan on making a couple of them for my kids, and possibly for some other kids I know.
wow, looks great! very clean.

Mine is coming along rather nicely (sorry, no pics yet... will try to get some up today after work).

This is only my second pep after doing the size tester. Big difference. Especially since I am using hot glue on this one, whereas I used scotch tape on the tester.

BTW, working on this has allowed me to discover the most annoying thing in the world: THOSE LITTLE "STRINGS" OF HOT GLUE THAT TRAIL FROM WHATEVER YOU'RE GLUING TO THE GUN! They're getting all over the place!!!

and, the second most annoying thing in the world: My wife complaining about all these little strings of hot glue all over her kitchen table.. :mad:

dannifood4less said:
ok,,, i had another question pop into my head,, how is everyone mounting the visors inside the helmets? i have a few ideas, but i was wondering how everyone is doing it.
I, honestly, used duct tape. Works like a charm, and has never come out. :)

Speaking of visors...I've done a LOT of looking online at different motorcycle visors, but all that I have seen don't seem to have the same degree of vertical curvature that the MC visor does...I've read on here to use HJC visors, but all the ones I have seen are much less curved vertically than the actual model. Has anyone found (or tried to find) a visor that more closely matches the actual model?

I'm sure it's out there - the MiG pilot helmets have nice curves to them, but they're expensive and not perfect for normal Spartans (I assume).
Years ago, I remember seeing bubble visors for open faced motorcycle helmets, but they were ugly and probably extremely hard to find now.

-dec20th- merged post..
so, im almost done doing my helmet, i had all the main pieces put together and waiting to be joined, i was going to do that today when i found out that my cats knocked over my speaker frm the window ledge, and sestroyed the entire back piece!! so now i have 4 more pages to cut, fold and glue. i did manage to takle some pics the other dya i updated my flicker account so you can see some progress,, not much tho :/

-------------------------------------------

CLICK ME

i added more pictures in my flickr.. i got pics of the assembled helmet now. resin and fiberglassing soon to follow.

Hey - here's a picture of where I'm at (basically) now:
IMG00090.jpg

I've sanded and filled some more, but I haven't taken any pics just yet. Sort of pointless really.

Danni, not ot offend you... But why didn't you adjusted front view in your last model?
You have swapped Width and Depth parameters. It's not important really for making pepakura, but as reference is little bothering :)

bevbor said:
Danni, not ot offend you... But why didn't you adjusted front view in your last model?
You have swapped Width and Depth parameters. It's not important really for making pepakura, but as reference is little bothering :)
The reason that the width and depth are switched is because of the direction that the helmet is facing when the 3D model was imported into PepDes. In the case of Slyfo's and FS's helmets, both are facing the lower left hand corner of the screen. In DF4L's model, it is facing almost the right side of the screen. Unless you want to re-import the model and unfold it again yourself, there's really nothing new to gain by re-orienting it.

It's actually a bit easier than re-importing the model, orienting it, and re-unfolding it. You'll still have to re-organize the pieces, but you can just
  1. "Unfold Undo" and "Apply open edge info to 3D model"
  2. Go to "3DModelWindow", "Change Coordinates", "Change Model Coordinates"
  3. Don't flip the faces, but press the right color buttons to re-orient the model
  4. Unfold the model
  5. Re-organize the unfolded pieces.
You don't have to completely redo the unfolding process. I agree that it is fairly trivial though. Probably not worth the time or effort.

So lately I have really been into making some covenant weapon molds ( only done 1 so far ). While i am letting the silicone set on a prop i had finished, i decided to make a pepakura form of it just for fun! I hadn't seen anyone else do this but here are some pichas.
c6.jpg

c3.jpg

Heres it next to me so you can get a better idea of how big it is.
And i just so happen to be wearing a Halo shirt today XD haha
c8.jpg

Its the Human Scale of DF4L's.

Status
Not open for further replies.