DF4L's Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we just scale the Halo 3 helmet just like the Halo 2 Helmet on the stickies?

Love the helmet :D Its simple and smooth.

imMonkeyGOD said:
So is the Halo 2 Scale Formula gonna be able to work the same with this helmet?
AF200XL said:
it should, shouldent it??? why would it be different??
Yeah, it worked for me. Just used the Halo2 (MC sized) files and the scaling formula to find my helm size, and it worked. (I added a little too much to my height, so it's a little big. Thankfully, I plan on redoing it anyway.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's not done but here is this:

gallery_2596_18_460854.jpg

AF200XL said:
it should, shouldent it??? why would it be different??
My scale sorta says on the file as 12.713574 with a height of 26.4
The scale confused me. I was saying to myself, it's that small!?
My scale I put on my Halo 2 Helmet was 22.93290698
So once I put that in, all the pieces wouldn't fit the pages...Am I doing something wrong?

Im 5'5 (60 in), Probably gonna add a bit more height like 5 more inches so I'll put in like 65 inches as my height to have more room in the helmet.

Macattack, what was your scale to your helmet your building? Cause that would probably my desired helmet size by comparing with the legendary helmet (My Halo 2 Helmet is the same size as the Legendary helmet, I know, small head :p)

mine was this:

Probably be better off with 13 or 13.25... or something...

I plugged 26.0 in the height... When my helm before was 26.4... :\... Don't know if it would have made that big of a difference but I might remake it... :\... Like 26.5 or something... 26.7 :\

Need to get more tape... :\

But if I remake this one... I'll finish it with a new one and put it on ebay... :)

I'll also be buying a Dremel... 2nd time around going for better... Still got my other suit... :\...

I'll install LEDs and put in a double layer visor... :\

I might actually sell it with my suit... :)

I can not wait to get started with this new helm, and the rest of the new suit for that matter. Well here goes anouther 2or3 months of my life... Oh well its worth it.

gamerguy55 said:
I can not wait to get started with this new helm, and the rest of the new suit for that matter. Well here goes anouther 2or3 months of my life... Oh well it worth it.
Yea... :p... :)... Hope I can make a mold of it... :)

Here's some pics of the completed smooth helm. I really rushed it. And it's a bit big. So I'll be doing a second draft and spending a LOT more time on it.

Picture 1

Picture2

Picture 3

(They're just of the back because I figured that's what you wanted to see. The front looks fine/normal I suppose.)

Nicktendo said:
Here's some pics of the completed smooth helm. I really rushed it. And it's a bit big. So I'll be doing a second draft and spending a LOT more time on it.
Picture 1
Picture2
Picture 3
(They're just of the back because I figured that's what you wanted to see. The front looks fine/normal I suppose.)
nice work nicktendo, just a tip, i see in a few spots you let the paper pull from where it should be, on those spots you have to make sure that you hold it in place until it is dry enough to hold its shape. this is especially important on the curved pieces, they will pull away so spend a few extra seconds on those edges,.

also, for all those that cant figure out how to scale the smooth helmet,
-1 get the halo 2 helmet and find your proper scale
-2 after you find your scale, go into the 2DPatternWindow > Scale Up/Down Development by Specified Value, and input your scale in the box for "Scale" click OK.
-3 go back into the 2DPatternWindow > Scale Up/Down Development by Specified Value, and copy the number in the "Assembled Size (height) ### CM" box.
-4 open the halo 3 helmet, go into the 2DPatternWindow > Scale Up/Down Development by Specified Value, and paste the number into the "Assembled Size (height) ### CM" box. (note* this method should work on all helmets, flying squirls, slyfos, etc)

(all of the halo 3 game rip models are in the same scale, so if you wish to do the halo 3 armor, that has been released by sylfo, just use the new number in the "Scale" box after you complete step 4 on the rest of the armour.)
------
finding your scale info
Frizzlefry said:
Here we go peeps.
This should work for the most part, if you have a normal sized body like Chief it should work for sure. But if you are a bit chunky so to speak, or the oposite which would be a bit of a rail (aka, that sexy girl Sean Bradley ;-) ), you will probably want to change the sizing a bit more or less to make sure your limbs and chest fit.
I'm not getting behind the formula because it's a waste of time. It seems no one cares how the math works just as long as it works. So here's what you do.
Add up your height in inches. There is 12" to a foot. We'll use my hieght for the example. I am 5'11" which equals 71 inches.
Divide that by 86: 71/86 = .82558
Multiply that number times the scale it currently is, 30.342: 30.342*0.82558 = 25.04979
Now in Pepakura, go into 2dPatternWindow and select "Scale Up/Down by specifying value"
Under scale, put in the new scale (for this equazion its 25.04979). Do this for all of your pieces to be symmetrical.
One thing to keep in mind
The size of the scale that is in use before you edit it is from the base of the ground to the top outside of MC's helmet. You don't really want the top of your head to be touching the top of the inside of the helmet if you expect it to fit right. So you may want to add two or three inches to your actual hieght before doing the math. This may help other areas as well, where it could come through a bit tight.
Feel free to ask any questions about how it's done here. But I would appreciate it if the PM's for me to scale their armor for them would stop. If you can't do this math (we're not in school, you can use a calculator), I can't help you.

dannifood4less said:
nice work nicktendo, just a tip, i see in a few spots you let the paper pull from where it should be, on those spots you have to make sure that you hold it in place until it is dry enough to hold its shape. this is especially important on the curved pieces, they will pull away so spend a few extra seconds on those edges.
Yeah, definitely. This being my first project ever, I think I got a little excited. I'm going to spread the build of "Draft 2" over a week or so. Using a different glue, and definitely starting on the complicated parts first, heh.

Also, for anyone thinking about their scale, that first draft I did was 28.6 cm tall. I'm 6'2" and I used the scaling formula, but added a few inches like the tut said, but I think it was too much. I'm trying again at 27 cm in height (since I've heard that 26 cm is good for someone at 6'?).

Consider this though. MC is 7' tall, and his helmet height is just about 32 cm tall. Food for thought.

Nicktendo said:
Consider this though. MC is 7' tall, and his helmet height is just about 32 cm tall. Food for thought.

This resembles the formula used for basic character design. The body is the height of 6 times the head of the character. The Chief is 7 feet tall, his head (or helmet) would be 1 foot tall. One foot = 30cm (give or take).

Thus, for proper scaling, use your own height in feet, divide by 7, convert that to centimetres and you got the scale for your helm.

Just my two euro-cents.

macattack64, its looking great , i hope to see updated pics once your done. im going to work on mine a bit more today too. i hope to do a few more armour pieces like this now too, im bumping some of my other projects for more smooth armour, just because this is looking so damn good. .

I'm not sure but i must have big head. My scale is 19.96 for the new model and 25.7554186 for the old one. I used that scale for my whole suit and it fit fine on me... am i really that huge?

I downloaded the smooth H3 helm. This is one of the best pep helmet patterns I have seen. I am very impressed Dannifood4less. Have you considered Peping out the Scout helmet in this smooth pattern? I would love to see that. Its the one helmet I have been unable to find on the board and I think most of its shape would be ideal for this style of Pep. Looking forward to more smooth peps from you keep up the great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.