Diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget that the look and feel of a game can make it. Check out system shock two or bioshock (those guys really know what they are doing as far as making an amazing enviorment). Gameplay makes a game good, but to be truly epic it needs to be involved and give you a good feel of the world your playing in. (Halo 3's gameplay on Mario graphics would not have been quite as "epic"). So while gameplay>graphics, that doesn't mean you should throw graphics to the wind.

Obviously your on the same page as me mobius, and yeah the filtering is a start, but the way the characters hold themselves is even reminiscent of WoW, and the ridiculous looking scenary in the gameplay movies which is supposed to represent the monastary from D1 (don't get me wrong, ridiculous scenary is fine, the river of flame (and most of act 4 for that matter) and the worldstone area were both pretty out there, and lets not forget the sanctuary in act 2, but this "re-hash" of a classic down to earth but sinister cathedrel area is somewhat disturbing and has very little of the original character and mood that has made the series what it is/was)

Personally I think the graphics change might be a certain finger lifted in the direction of blizzard north since they are no longer with blizzard, but who knows.

Well the graphics look a lot better than the old games and you have to think it's still looks early in development, they may be planning to add some more gloom later.
To be honest I hope that they incorporate some of what they learned from WoW into Diablo. When playing the two games you can tell that they used a lot of the elements from Diablo in WoW and it was great to see. I do hope that they use a smart hand in the porting of features over though.
Anyway I'm totally pumped, any news of open/closed beta testing?

lol
And yeah i do love graphics don't get me wrong.I mean like if you put halo 3 in halo 1's graphics it would still be alot of fun.
But say you put it in like Pong graphics.
I probably wouldn't like it. But yeah I do love me some good graphics. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
baileyboys said:
Theres only going to be 5 classes.
:(
Hope druid comes back and the paladin and the sorceress.....
WitchDoctor=New necromancer...there better be bone spirit or else.
Idk about yall but i dont like this new no potions things

They didn't say they were taking away potions entirely, they added the orbs as an instant potion use. You will still have both mana and health potions.

volkov said:
I've been waiting so long for this. I honestly thought hellgate london would be as close as we would ever get to D3, but apparently I'm mistaken. I have to be honest though, being the diablo obssesive I am (I've played the game on and off since... wow when did d1 come out? getting addicted for months at a time, building lvl 99s (in d2's case) and then quitting for a while... Anyway, I may have higher expectations then is fair, but does anyone else think the graphics reek of world of diablo(war)craft? Seriously, diablo always had this realistic and extremely gloomy feel to it, and now its kind of cartoony and has lost a lot of the sinister nature it used to have. I get the feeling that without Blizzard North being around anymore, blizzard is tryng to stamp it by putting their signature cartoony graphics that has always really bothered me about warcraft onto a game that is truely epic and will enough character of its own.. Just my 2 cents. (and rant aside, I'll probably pre-order it, I have to at least give it a chance, it's just that I'm a bit disapointed).

Agreed, WoW is a disgrace in the graphics department, don't get me started on the gameplay.. possibly the worst game I've ever played (Diablo was perfectly fine playing solo). I hope Diablo 3 gets it's act together and gets rid of that WoW look and doesn't play anything like it. Any game I spend more than 20 hours on and I feel like I haven't gotten anywhere gets tossed in the garbage.. with my WoW discs.

/End Rant

I am however remaining hopeful especially since they are still hiring artists for Diablo 3 in their careers section (my dream job) so I'm assuming they are still cleaning it up, they were just excited and wanted to show us what they had going so far. As far as the destructible environments, the old school sounds of scrolls and armor falling.. nice improvements so far. I like the new class and the barb is pretty wicked still. Lets keep our eyes on this and see where she goes.

Cheers,
Kensai

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back