Dial up??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have a confession to make..
I have dialup and I cant play xbl because of it thats why I dont have a gamertag X( its the most irratiting thing.. All I can do is check E-MAIL and log into here It sucks to download anything.
but I will be getting High speed on the 18th at 12:00

I have a 8mbps connection from time warner, it rocks.

Dial up is too slow for me and I dont know how I lived with it back then. DSL is ok, but just for web surfing and some games, it isnt the best for playing online gaming.

I have Comcast HSI. it dosent have powerboost, but it does have really good connections most of the time.....

but its really expensive and i need to get verizon. its better.

dial up? that sucks.

I wish I could use verizon, much cheaper and they have better TV service too.

Atleast my school pays me 50 dollars a month to get internet from time warner!

i had dial up till a lil while ago. :cautious: i was on a 26k connection-yea, thats right, half the normal dial up!!! we have breadband (heh) now and its amazing. you'll definatly love it! i waisted so much time trying to download crap. bdw, your guna get addicted to xbl when you get connected. just to warn you. :D

I'm on dial up too (at only 45.2K). The worst thing is that I'm out in the country and can't get anything faster. My dad looked at satellite but anything affordable has way too many restrictions on how you use it, and plus satellite has too much lag (going up to space and back) to be able to play XBL. My friend has a gamertag going for me at his house (he's getting fios next week!) that I use, but I haven't gone over there in a few months.

MasterGun said:
huh i had dial up and windows 98 almost a year ago :cry:

*Cringes*
Ouch man, that hurts.

I only got high speed internet about a year ago, dial up sucks so bad. now I'm on 3 mb/s connection which is just barely good enough for Xbox Live, and that's only when there's nobody on the laptop downstairs and when my girlfriend has this computer and her Wii disconnected.

When we move out, we're going to get the Ultra Highspeed (Aliant hurrr) and that is about 8 or 10 mb/s

Now to get myself a job...

Last edited by a moderator:
I always hated dial-up, then when I went to college our dorms had a T1 wow. Present day I have an external wifi ap router connected to the school by me. I love the free 3mb+ speeds and as many direct ips as I want!

You have my condolences DeadandBroken! You are a brave soul to browse these image laden boards.

I'm sure you'll be counting down the hours til the 18th! That's certainly worth looking forward to.

when we moved into a new house there was no high speed available in the area... Comcast said they'd have something out that way in 2 weeks, then delayed it another 2, and then broke ours and took 2 to get back to fix it. I hated dialup, and now I hate comcast, but it definately is an improvement.

Spartan 169 said:
*Cringes*
Ouch man, that hurts.

I only got high speed internet about a year ago, dial up sucks so bad. now I'm on 3 mb/s connection which is just barely good enough for Xbox Live, and that's only when there's nobody on the laptop downstairs and when my girlfriend has this computer and her Wii disconnected.

When we move out, we're going to get the Ultra Highspeed (Aliant hurrr) and that is about 8 or 10 mb/s

Now to get myself a job...

When i got vista and dsl it was like a whole other world

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back