Did I Do The Right Thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today at school I was in the lunch line when this punk started pushing a Girl. The punk had constantly picked on me and some of my friends, cussing, using physical violence, even saying sexual comments to discourage us. So, I went up and Punched the dude 4 Times in the shoulder. Then he started cussing at me, then I snapped. I went up and Punched and Kicked at him, then he eventually Bit me then pushed me to the ground, where I took a bad blow to the knee. Eventually a teacher saw me trying to stand up and came over to us and took all of us ( The Bully, the girl, a friend of mine, and myself) down to the office. I was allowed to go to the nurses office across the hall to recover, but I still had to talk. I was told I had to be sent home for the rest of the day then would have to be in In School Suspension. I then was sent acroos the hall to the Nurses Office to calm down, where I wrote 3 notes, 1 on how I thought I did the right thing, and 2 expressing how I felt about my punishment. I talked to my Vice Principal again, who is in fact a family friend, about how I could have avoided this happening. I eventually got my stuff from my teacher and she said I did the right thing standing up for My friends and I, which made me feel very good. I went home with my Grandmother after that, and I'm now waiting for my Parents to come home. I called my dad earlier and he said he was not mad and he would not punish me, but he said he would like to talk to me on how I could of avoided that. Now for the main question, Did any of you think I did the right thing? Please answer, I'm feeling a little bummed out right now.

Why the shoulder? Go straight for the nose. jk

Anyway, I think your father will best handle this one. Sounds like he's going to give you the "violence is not the answer" speech. Probably give you some advice how to deal with bullies in other ways.

I will say fighting is of course never the answer unless you're given no other out. Just remember, as a minor there's usually no issue with fighting in school other than you're not supposed to do it. As an adult, it's called assault and can land you in a world of hurt besides physical.

All in all, it's good to stick up for others. You just need to figure out the best way to do it without getting physical.

Thanks Magnum, I really could not see any other way out. I reported on this kid 2 times Before today and nothing really happened, so I was kind of blinded by the fact that this loser would keep going no matter what.

for what its worth i think you did the right thing. and as magnum said 'Why the shoulder? Go straight for the nose. jk'

violence is definatly not the answer most of the time but ive been in simular situations before.

not to premote the use of violence but, once ,after i'de had enough of one dude bullying me and my friends, i snapped, grabbed him, pushed him up agenst a wall and threathened him.

never happened again

i hope your dad doesnt go hard on you and that you dont have any more problems in school :)

flying_squirl said:
for what its worth i think you did the right thing. and as magnum said 'Why the shoulder? Go straight for the nose. jk'

violence is definatly not the answer most of the time but ive been in simular situations before.

not to premote the use of violence but, once ,after i'de had enough of one dude bullying me and my friends, i snapped, grabbed him, pushed him up agenst a wall and threathened him.

never happened again

i hope your dad doesnt go hard on you and that you dont have any more problems in school :)
Thanks Squirl. :) He won't go hard on me, I know my dad Very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say good on you! :p

I bet the girl appreciated it,,

and I think in this case a tiny bit of violence probably was OK..

But yeh, I bet you'll get the good ol' violence is not the answer lecture!

That was brave though,, I think you did the right thing :]

good. besides, you were defending a girl. chivelry shouldnt be punnished.

hmm, i suppose it wasnt, you got the rest of the day off as reward XD

Not to promote violence, but I think you did the right thing. Standing up for friends and girls is always a good thing. The result might not be good, but the deed is...tell your principal that they shouldn't punish you, or the wrath of the 405th will be upon them....lol :p

xxFemaleSpartanxx said:
I say good on you! :p

I bet the girl appreciated it,,

and I think in this case a tiny bit of violence probably was OK..

But yeh, I bet you'll get the good ol' violence is not the answer lecture!

That was brave though,, I think you did the right thing :]
Thank you. :)

I believe that you did the right thing, it takes a lot to stand up for someone.
It is true that violence always should be the last resort, but there are people
who absolutely do not care when someone tries to negotiate or
lecture with them. And believe me, I know what I'm talking about and I think you may
too seeing that you've already had encounters with him before. I may be wrong
but people who do harm to others continuously deserves a good punch.

It is a shame that you have to face school suspension, but sometimes bad things
happen to good people and you'll have to live with that ;).
Anyways, good luck and I hope everything turns out fine for you good sir!

i think you did the right thing too, i had a similar situation where someone would make fun of me everyday
until one day i asked him if he was flirting with me and he got all defensive like "no! no!" and he left me
alone for a while, then started picking on my little brother like hitting him on the shoulder (just annoying stuff)
so one day when he was bothering us while i was hanging out with a bunch of friends i called him out on it
and was like "hey (insert idiots name here) are you gay er something? why are you touching boys? (not that i have anything against gays, but he took pride in his manliness) and my whole group of friends played along with it until he practically ran out with his friend. he never bothered me or my brother again...in fact he doesn't make eye contact. im not much for physical violence seeing as im a girl, i would rather socially ruin them.

I think you did right. The shoulder was a nice warning and the person still wanted to be a jerk. Sure it could have been avoided but I think you set a good example to everyone including whoever it was that this kind of stuff isn't tolerated. Good show and you're lucky that others recognized what you did and weren't harsh on you.

dang, man i think you did the right thing if that hapened to me i would have knocked the crap out of the guy. bravo, dude, bravo. it sucks you got in trouble though. who said Chivelty was dead?

Thanks Guys. Tomorrow is my first day of In School Suspension, or as it is called in my school, RISE. For the rest of the week I'll be in there, but it's Okay.

Fenix Chief said:
Thanks Guys. Tomorrow is my first day of In School Suspension, or as it is called in my school, RISE. For the rest of the week I'll be in there, but it's Okay.
I can't help but wonder, what happened to the bully, I would expect worse for him, if not that has some issues, also does the girl dig you now? :whistle: :love:

again the shoulder thing, go for the kidneys, NK

violence is usually not the answer, my recommendation tell him to back off or back down or whatever float's your boat. if he persists give him one last warning, and if the taunting and bullying persist take that person on. theres nothing more intimidating than a person who will not give up, when i was in middle school there was an absolute jerk of a reject, and he took it upon himself to take it out on everyone around him.

so one day he picks a fight with me a lunch and i accept because i have had enough of his crap, now im a pretty big guy, in middle school i was 5,8 and 200 lb's ( i wasn't fat i was built.), but i was kinda a softy. people new me as a guy who would be nice to you so this guy thought i would be scared and wimpy, big mistake.

so the fight takes place i don't move from where i am standing and he keeps hitting me relentlessly. after about 10 minutes he's huffing and panting and completely out of breath, i am still standing bruises on my arms and 2 on my face. i barely moved a foot from were i started out, i fell down twice but got back up. i told him " this is why you don't pick fights with people who don't deserve it". i clench my fist and broadside him across the face and he goes down for the count, i mean total KO, knocked the hell out!

at this point the teachers and security guards finally come and restrain me, telling me i am a monster and cruel SOB. as people are being called into the principals office to give the story of what they saw i am sitting in the security office getting all kinds of dirty looks from the staff. me i take this stuff in strides, finally the principal comes out and says you've got a weeks suspension. i stand up and i dwarf the principal and tell him looking down at him with a bruised face and tell him BS. he started the fight and hit me for 10 minutes and i threw one punch. if you suspend me ill take it up with the school board and have you fired for negligence.

the moral of the story is if you can't go down you can't lose, try the passive aggressive path, get into fights but don't fight back, get him in trouble and if the staff hasn't shown up after 2 minutes kick his ass.

Although I don't condone fighting (even though my bros always fight, and we put up a BIG fight), I believe you did the right thing. NO ONE should ever pick on anyone, especially a girl.

Way to go man! You definitely did the right thing there. Violence only works when you USE it. I hope that jerk learned his lesson.

Twisting_Neather said:
Way to go man! You definitely did the right thing there. Violence only works when you USE it. I hope that jerk learned his lesson.
Yeah. I think he got Expelled. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back