Foam Dire's ODST (T3-ish?)

Morning, I finished the cumberbonds last night along with the belt plate, easiest part of the build really, here are the pics of that.
20230119_132710.jpg

20230119_143128.jpg

In my reference pics, they seem to be in two pieces, so I just cut it in half rounded the edges that will be glued back and called it done, and the belt plate is just 3 pieces of foam glued together.
20230119_161746.jpg

20230119_161749.jpg

20230119_161751.jpg

And that was all my progress last night.

And I think I have enough foam left to tackle the back part of the undersuit, so I'll get that made over the weekend, if I don't get lazy of course

Morning all, just want to get some input with how I should connect my chest piece, current idea is slip it over my head and use either magnets, or snaps, or buckles on the "sides" where the cumberbonds will hide the seams, any of you guys have any suggestions on how to do that with your suits, 2 years ago I used magnets on my ONI Operator that worked okay, but a bend too far forward would loosen it, so was thinks of buckles or snaps.

I trust snaps more than I trust magnates or velcro. That said, magnates have their place, such as alignment. A good way that I've seen done is a combo method. A snap to hold the armor to you, and a magnate on either side of the snap for alignment and ease of snapping. Buckles are also great for any armor that needs to be held up, mostly arm and leg pieces.

I trust snaps more than I trust magnates or velcro. That said, magnates have their place, such as alignment. A good way that I've seen done is a combo method. A snap to hold the armor to you, and a magnate on either side of the snap for alignment and ease of snapping. Buckles are also great for any armor that needs to be held up, mostly arm and leg pieces.
Oooooh a combo of both, thats something I didn't think of, thanks!

Alright, got the fanny pack and cod piece built yesterday, I got to pick up some fresh xacto blades to cut the details out of the fanny pack, mine can't even cut paper anymore, but here are the glamour shots.
20230131_064716.jpg

20230131_111713.jpg

20230131_111717.jpg

20230131_122653.jpg

20230131_122655.jpg

I think after work I will work on an attachment method for getting in and out of my main torso, later!

Good evening everyone, was going to build but just had the urge to strap the chest plate, stomach plate, the side plates to to the main torso, along with the front undesuit and just got too excited and just had to post the silhouette of it. Oh and went ahead and attached the back undersuit and strapped on the fanny pack too.
20230202_200905.jpg

20230202_200946.jpg

20230202_201421.jpg

20230202_201434.jpg

Anyway, hope you guys approve of it, I think it looks damn good and aligned really well!
Anyway, have a nice evening guys!

Good evening everyone, was going to build but just had the urge to strap the chest plate, stomach plate, the side plates to to the main torso, along with the front undesuit and just got too excited and just had to post the silhouette of it. Oh and went ahead and attached the back undersuit and strapped on the fanny pack too.View attachment 327638
View attachment 327639
View attachment 327640
View attachment 327641
Anyway, hope you guys approve of it, I think it looks damn good and aligned really well!
Looking good! That's an amazing ODST chest rig!

Good evening everyone, was going to build but just had the urge to strap the chest plate, stomach plate, the side plates to to the main torso, along with the front undesuit and just got too excited and just had to post the silhouette of it. Oh and went ahead and attached the back undersuit and strapped on the fanny pack too.View attachment 327638
View attachment 327639
View attachment 327640
View attachment 327641
200.gif

Alright, thinking after work today I will do the hip plates and do a cod v2, then I was kicking the idea around of making a foam helmet, since the weather keeps fluctuating for me to do a resin cast helmt, but I have never done a helmet with foam before, so I'll keep thinking about that during the day today.

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back