Discussion about possible inconsistencies in reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The M6-H's didn't show up until later.
And the only weapons available to the chief were those available to the UNSC Marines. So that solves that.

Only except the other weapons were also upsized for the S-IIs as well....but ya point taken.

Spartan-IIs= weapons sized for them

Spartan-IIIs= regular sized

UNSC personnel= regular sized

As I understand it, the M6H is just an M6D, expanded to 117% normal size, issued to Spartan-IIs, because their augmentations and armor made their hands a good bit larger.

Spartan-IIIs don't have such extreme augmentations, so they were never issued such.

Further, as the only available weapons to Master Chief, aboard the Autumn, during the Halo event, were M6Ds, he used them. (I assume it's just a bit less comfortable, given the massive size of the pistol, anyway, and the only 17% difference)

But, basically, it all goes back to what we're saying: Variants and Loadouts. Some weapons are just variants of others. Other weapons are just part of some fleets' loadouts, if'n you ask me.

B.net states that as of 2552, the Type-52 DER was either a brand new design or a branch specific weapon. This means that if it was new the weapon could be a prototype, and was only being field tested at Reach. If branch-specific, the weapon could be used by branch of the Covenant military who's first and/or only deploment during th Human-Covenant War was the Battle of Reach.
Also, every M6 model most likely came out prior to the Human-Covenant War. The M6H is also essentially an M6G with a KFA-2 x2 scope instead of the laser sight. I'd also like to note the fact that B.net states that the MA37 is referred to as the MA5 outside the UNSC Army.

Here is a revised list of the M6 models:
A-Basic model. Black polymer finish.
B-Scoped officer model. Hard Chrome Finish.
C-Up-sized model. Black polymer finish
C/SOCOM-Non up-sized SpecOps variant of the M6C w/ silencer, laser sight, and extended clip. Black polymer finish.
D-Up-sized scoped officer model w/ extended clip. Hard chrome finish.
E-Basic model. Electroless nickel finish.
F-Scoped officer model. Electroless nickel finish
G-Up-sized model w/ laser sight. Electroless nickel finish.
H-Up-sized scoped officer model. Electroless nickel finish.
I-Select-fire model w/ detachable shoulder stock. Black polymer finish.
J-Carbine model. Electroless nickel finish.
K-Undercover police model w/ shortened clip. Black polymer finish.

And no, the MA37 is not the MA5C, Because the MA5C first entered service in late 2552, at least a week after the MJOLNIR Mk. VI was issued to the remaining SPARTAN-IIs.

I think I will make some of those variants...their descriptions on halopedia are pretty neat.

I'm making an M6H right now actually

Can we see pics on the H???

I'd like to see someone or be the one have every M6 variant:)

IDK what the model J's stock would look like.

and by the time of 2552 the M6 series has been in full production for 165 years...that's old!!!

Only the M6C, M6C/SOCOM, M6D, and the two known variants of the M6G have actually been seen. The rest have only been described to us. So when building these other models, you need to use a bit of imagination. I know that models E through H are very similar in appearance, and the A & B look slightly more like modern handguns than the rest do.

I kinda think the force that chased mc could have been a suicide force you know how the covenant has been know to do that they probably gave them weaker weapons so if humans got hold of them they wouldn't be as powerful idk even though a lot more had those weapons or maybe they sent their best troop/weapons because they wanted to win quicker just my thoughts
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

My question is what about all the S-II's on the planet as all the events happen? whats their role in the story/plot?

My question is what about all the S-II's on the planet as all the events happen? whats their role in the story/plot?

@Walter4...

The 25 remaining S-II's were with MCPO John-117 prepping for a mission to capture a covie frigate, go to high charity and capture either truth, mercy, or regret the three prophets.....

the covie fleet found reach due to the Icarus which was commanded by Keyes being bugged by a covie translocation? device that would tell were the Icarus was and find it's "port world" A.K.A. the ship's docking station world...ironically the MOST DEFENDABLE PLACE IN ERIDANUS NEAR EARTH......

The Covie fleet then arrived in-system while the newly appointed Captain Keyes' new ship the PoA A.K.A. Pillar of Autumn was to go out-system and the spartans proceed on their mission......

The Autumn was called back to Reach by FleetCom and keyes and 117 devised a plan to have the Super-MAC gun defense grid ground-side generators defended by a group of spartans while MCPO-117's infiltration team would delete data from a docked ship with info that would allow the covenant fleet to discover earth...

the spartans during insertion to both sites lost 3....

Linda 058...I've been using the wrong designation of 081 but I've rediscovered the correct one..was mortally wounded by plasma fire yet only 3 weeks later she would be fighting along side 117 again after the battle for installation 04 and would participate at the battle of onyx.....she was wounded 30 minutes after infil.......

James was blown off the station that the infil team was on.......

two others were killed by impact to the ground while the ground-side infiltration team jumped from their slowly disintegrating pelican dropship.....

all in all 21 spartans would die at reach.... 3 would be stuck at reach/ MCPO J-117 would go to the discovered halo/ linda would be in orbit above the halo and recovered by J-117....

1 spartan would die again at a covenant station near earth by brutes shooting HER with brute shots and J-117 would use her suit's fusion-reactor as a bomb....

at the battle of onyx there would be another dead spartan..william...disintegrated by hunter plasma...

as of 2553 there only 4(I did my math wrong...forgive me.) spartan-IIs remaining.....POIII Linda-058, LTJG Fred-104, PO??? Kelly-0??, and MCPO John-117.....

MCPO- Master Chief Petty Officer

LTJG- Lieutenant Junior Grade

POIII- Petty Officer 3rd class

Hey thnx Tyvern thnx for clearing that up. Do you think they will have any of those spartans that defended reach in the game or is it a whole other part of the story u think?

POTC is the abbreviation for Petty Officer Third Class, not POIII. And Linda-058 can't be a POTC, because all SPARTAN-IIs below Petty Officer Second Class were promoted to that rank upon graduation.
About the number of S-IIs at Reach, it has been confirmed that there are more than 33 class 1 S-IIs who survived the augmentation process without being crippled. It's most likely right around 40, but the exact number has not been given. The number of SPARTAN-IIs at Reach is further muddled by the possible existence of a 2nd class of SPARTAN-IIs. Then we have the S-IIs who were killed prior to Reach, and thanks to the ambiguously canon Halo: Legends, that number is also unknown. As of now, all that we can say for sure is that less than 50 SPARTAN-IIs were at the Battle of Reach, and the majority were killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back