Discussion about possible inconsistencies in reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow1336

I've noticed a lot of things in reach, that just don't add up.
Example;
The plasma repeater, never really "Overheats", and is much more powerful, why would the covenant replace it with an underpowered weapon?

Any other things people have noticed?

Maybe, the repeater used a more rare forerunner technology than the rifle or had a short battery life, or bad aim lol. it could be that it is also a much harder weapon to manufacture for some reason, and knowing the prophets probably got tossed for more fast built weapons, i dont know thats all i can come up with lol.

One thing that i noticed is that banshees not only cant fly in space but they cant open slipspace portals. Although i did prove myself wrong. Banshees should be relatively easy to modify for vacuum or maybe just have pilots wearing EVA. The slip space portals are opened by larger ships and allow banshees to enter through, witch lets the very slow banshee get around large combat areas and allows carriers to stay on more important objectives by not having to ferry the fighters to combat.

What I've heard to explain this is as follows.

In the same way our own military doesn't equip every soldier in every situation with the same weapon, the Covenant change gear depending on the situation. In fact, the Fleet of Particular Justice (the fleet attacking Reach) is exceedingly varied, and assumedly one of the largest fleets ever gathered by the Covenant, equipped with their best weaponry. Just a few of the ships from it pursued the Pillar of Autumn to Installation 04 in Halo: CE. Ships without any Brutes onboard, apparently. And perhaps they only had limited / backup armament onboard at that time, as their main force may have been still engaged with the planet. And then in Halo 2, the Prophet of Regret's fleet was noted to be much smaller than the force at Reach, and assumedly not the best outfitted, either. And after that, the Brutes, now being the main force in the Covenant, began using their own particular weaponry. Whew, that was a long explanation.

Also, Reach just wouldn't be as much fun if we were using the same weapons, or WORSE weapons than in the previous games.

The explaination as far as the technology on Reach is that you have to remember that this is where the Spartan II's trained. The technology there was very high tech or expirimental. Being the pinnacle battle before the Covenant reached earth, you'd want your best weaponry there, both sides of the party. However, it's explained that alot of the technology was lost after Reach was glassed

In real life, not every unit has the same equipment and technology as the rest of the fleet. Some have old things while others have the newfangled fancy stuff. Sometimes the older things worked much better, although that's a bit rare. That seems to be the case in Reach.

The MA37 came before the MA5B then the 5B had 60 rounds rather than 32.

The MA37 is the same as the MA5B, it's just the Army Variant. Notice that the M6G is different in reach? Yeah, so is the Sniper, the Rocket Launcher. But they are still the same versions found in Halo 3. They just look different, and with the AR, it's just an Army Variant. :)

The MA37 is the same as the MA5B, it's just the Army Variant. Notice that the M6G is different in reach? Yeah, so is the Sniper, the Rocket Launcher. But they are still the same versions found in Halo 3. They just look different, and with the AR, it's just an Army Variant. :)

The 37 is actually an army variant of the 5C, says so on the side of the gun :p
But yeah, most human guns in reach are the army versions... Except maybe the splazer....

To sum up what others above me have said it's a combination of the army variants, experimental equipment on reach (it is where they tested equipment), and the covenant fleet is better equipped than others we have seen. Also I might add, the spartan armor in reach is a redesigned privatized version to make it cheaper.

Unless it straight-up denies the presence of orbital Super MAC guns, their generators on the ground, or CASTLE Base, there aren't any inconsistencies.

As far as human weaponry and such goes, they're all variants or experimental units, that haven't hit mass-production yet. I mean, the M6 series, for example, is stated to have several variants. We've already seen 4 before Reach. (C, D, G, SOCOM) Further, others have been referenced in literature, like the M6J Carbine.

Covenant weaponry could be explained through a number of factors. It could be the various "new" weapons are harder to produce, or are only equipped on certain ships or fleets. Perhaps, the prophet or fleetmaster in charge of certain fleets, like the Fleet of Regret or the Fleet of Particular Justice, decides what armament is attached to each ship. Perhaps Thel Vadam'ee did not want those unceremonious weapons aboard his flagship. He stuck to the more honorable, weaker Covenant weapons, that absolutely relied on the user's skill.

Or maybe we just never see them. Perhaps the vast majority were stuck on Reach when Thel made his jump to Halo, because he didn't have time to fool with the pleasantries of recovery.

I don't think there are any inconsistencies, just no perspective other than Master Chief's, in the short span of his combat on the Halos and the Ark.

Halo: First Strike notes the BR-55 to exist on Reach, as does Contact Harvest, but they're not in Halo CE. Is this an inconsistency? (Especially since the latter comes from Halo's storywriter)

As for the Plasma Repeater, See:

Developed during the end of the war, limited numbers, saw action on just a few fronts. Better than it's predecessors, but costly to produce.
picture%5C39254902844.jpg

shiz....about the 4 known variants.......

I've found the....

A (all-black B basically)
B (Halo Reach version of G)
E (nickel-plated D with no scope)
F (same as E with scope and improved accuracy)
H (Spartan sized D with nickel-plating and Spartan sized D model scope)
I (select fire with shoulder stock add-on)
J (355mm long barrel with shoulder stock and nickel plating)
K (mini-sized D with only 6 rounds and stun ammunition/(non-shock stun)"stun" training anesthetic ammo)

***all additional variants of the M6 series were found on the halopedia wiki site***

Yeah, I was going off memory.

We've only seen 4 in-game, and well, the rest are just from literature.

In any case, you get my point.

Another thing as it was mentioned, the Halo games span a period of about 3 months, compared to the story line where the battle has been going on for 50+ years at this point. Granted, after that amount of time, you'll see the advanced tech we see on Reach, but when Human and Covanent weaponry are massed produced, it's bound to be seen more than any other "rare" tech.

For example, the Army uses the M16-A2, and the M4's more so now. The M16 has been in service since Vietnam. They are different versions, but still an M16 nonetheless. Theres ALOT of factors, but when it comes down to it, in a battle for survival of the entire human race (and galaxy) your going to want to get as many people armed, quickly and cheaply (mass production) as possible.

Another thing as it was mentioned, the Halo games span a period of about 3 months, compared to the story line where the battle has been going on for 50+ years at this point. Granted, after that amount of time, you'll see the advanced tech we see on Reach, but when Human and Covanent weaponry are massed produced, it's bound to be seen more than any other "rare" tech.

For example, the Army uses the M16-A2, and the M4's more so now. The M16 has been in service since Vietnam. They are different versions, but still an M16 nonetheless. Theres ALOT of factors, but when it comes down to it, in a battle for survival of the entire human race (and galaxy) your going to want to get as many people armed, quickly and cheaply (mass production) as possible.
First off, I'd like to point out the Human-Covenant War only lasted 26 years. (2526-2552 (some could argue 27 years, based on the memorial date in Halo 3))

Second, that's pretty much it, man. And even then, the M16 and M4 are based on the design of the ArmaLite AR-15. It's all about variants.

First off, I'd like to point out the Human-Covenant War only lasted 26 years. (2526-2552 (some could argue 27 years, based on the memorial date in Halo 3))

Second, that's pretty much it, man. And even then, the M16 and M4 are based on the design of the ArmaLite AR-15. It's all about variants.

Yup, it's all about variants.

As for the War, it started in the end of 2525.

Yes shiz I get the point but an inconsistency I have come to know of the M6D and the M6H is that the H was made for the spartans while the D is just a standard size model of the M6.......

just my little two cents although the Spartan-IIIs are "normal" sized...albeit in their late teens if going by cannon...although the A group IIIs of noble(Carter, Jun, Emile) would be in the 20's, so the group Bs of noble still might not be done growing but part of the augmentation procedure stops height growth

Bah subtraction FAIL lol

Yea, lasted from 2525 to December 2555

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back