Discussion about possible inconsistencies in reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something pretty weird is that what some people don't know is that every halo is placed in 2552. That said I wonder why there armor changed drastically from reach and halo CE. I know the graphics are different but they a lot of differences.

Yea I have to agree with you "RadioactiveMicrobe" on the time period issue. I actually did like the basic storyline but like I said before the last half ruined it for me.

I think many people remember Red Team from First Strike, right?
Now, if only there was some way to either make that into a mod for Custom Edition on PC or a Machinima...
That was a harrowing tale of Spartan Mortality... Rest in Peace, other red guys...

Heres something. In the mission ONI Sword Base, the ending cutscene shows a mac round, assuming from an orbital station, destroying the corvette. However, a Super Mac cannon fires a 3000 ton tungston/depleted uranium round, at .4 the speed of light. That would be about 120 million miles per second when fired. The minimum impact Earth can handle is an asteroid traveling at 17 miles a second, to put that in perspective. Given that Reach has alot different geographic structure that may vary the outcome. However, that being said, if they fired a Super Mac cannon at the planet, because that corvette wouldnt slow it, there should not be a planet Reach left.

Another thing based on said information, is that if the shields on a covenant super carrier were to absorb the full kinetic energy of a super mac round impact, the ship would be vaporized. There were 20 platforms, or should have been, at Reach. That carrier shouldn't have even been a threat.

Heres something. In the mission ONI Sword Base, the ending cutscene shows a mac round, assuming from an orbital station, destroying the corvette. However, a Super Mac cannon fires a 3000 ton tungston/depleted uranium round, at .4 the speed of light. That would be about 120 million miles per second when fired. The minimum impact Earth can handle is an asteroid traveling at 17 miles a second, to put that in perspective. Given that Reach has alot different geographic structure that may vary the outcome. However, that being said, if they fired a Super Mac cannon at the planet, because that corvette wouldnt slow it, there should not be a planet Reach left.

Another thing based on said information, is that if the shields on a covenant super carrier were to absorb the full kinetic energy of a super mac round impact, the ship would be vaporized. There were 20 platforms, or should have been, at Reach. That carrier shouldn't have even been a threat.

When did the super carrier sustain a super mac round barrage? It was severed in two by the slipspace bomb.

Something pretty weird is that what some people don't know is that every halo is placed in 2552. That said I wonder why there armor changed drastically from reach and halo CE. I know the graphics are different but they a lot of differences.
Because the first Halo was made 10 years ago. That changes a lot in terms of graphics.

well I know this thread has been kinda dead for a little bit, and I am probably restating what others have already said but oh well. LOL I have to revise my opinion on the whole Reach story line. I just picked up the "Legendary" edition of Reach for dirt cheap ( minus the game its self, but hey i already had that), any how I just read through the "included" journal of Dr Halsey. It really cleared up my big issue about how did Noble 6 get Cortana when the core story Gave her to Spartan 117 before the fall of reach.

Now my only real issue is that "The Pillar of Autumn" was already in orbit and on it's way out of system for their top secret mission to capture a Covenant ship when the the attack on Reach started. They were never in Reach's atmosphere.

As far as the discussion on gun differences and such I can t even begin to have a decent grasp of their difference.

RadioactiveMicrobe

Quote Originally Posted by hellome View Post
Because the first Halo was made 10 years ago. That changes a lot in terms of graphics.

one reason that their were so many different variants on the Spartan armor is that the team that Reach Focuses on is entirely made up of Spartan III's with the exception being Jorge who was apparently snagged for the team some time earlier on.

These Spartan III's were not from Dr Halsy's program, but rather as some one else has already said they were the streamlined and cheaper "Throwaway" Spartans. Her Journal even discuses that concept saying that she doesn't even know where these Spartans came from, but she suspects that some of her rivals took her research and were working on their own "Sub Standard" versions.

POTC is the abbreviation for Petty Officer Third Class, not POIII. And Linda-058 can't be a POTC, because all SPARTAN-IIs below Petty Officer Second Class were promoted to that rank upon graduation.
About the number of S-IIs at Reach, it has been confirmed that there are more than 33 class 1 S-IIs who survived the augmentation process without being crippled. It's most likely right around 40, but the exact number has not been given. The number of SPARTAN-IIs at Reach is further muddled by the possible existence of a 2nd class of SPARTAN-IIs. Then we have the S-IIs who were killed prior to Reach, and thanks to the ambiguously canon Halo: Legends, that number is also unknown. As of now, all that we can say for sure is that less than 50 SPARTAN-IIs were at the Battle of Reach, and the majority were killed.

good eye, but a bit broad of a guess there. there were approximately 40 spartans that survived augmentations. 32 on the main assault of reach. 3 in the ship above reach, reatriving a nav index, 3 in the secret grey team,1 on onyx, and 1 on noble. right now we're at 40 spartans. and due to the story of the augmentation process, thats it, unless theres maybe 1 left. the augmentations supposedly killed off about half of the spartans, so were already at over half of them surviving

one of the biggest things ive noticed is the DMR. the battle rifle first made an appearance at harvest in 2525. if you ask me it was a superior weapon. so why was issue discontinued at reach but not any where else in the UNSC? and another thing, how was the UNSC able to assemble such a fleet above reach before anything went down? the game is very inconsistent with the story line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back