Disney Buys Lucasfilm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, expect a Disney-Star Wars cross-over in the near future.
I just hope to god that Vader doesn't become a villain in the next installment of Kingdom Hearts.

Yeah, now we can have even more dancing bears and cruddy CG to further muddy up the already tangled mess of contradicting lore.

But to be fair, if anyone could take up the reins of milking a franchise that hasn't seen an iota of effort in three decades, it'd be Disney.

I'm tripping balls here man... Im FREAKIN out in a BAD BAD way!

Star Wars was OVER MAN! IT WAS OVER! I loved it! Watched the Re-edited editions when I was a Kid back in 1991... And had to watch it die slowly and in agonizing pain with the release of EPI, II and III and now this sh1t saga called clone wars.
(though I DO like III very much apart from some f*ck *ps...) ((And let's face it people, CLONES RULE!)) (((Not as much as Spartan Suped Soldiers!)))

Look at it this way... Watch the X-Men Movies (not First Class), the Spiderman 1 & 2, Fantastic Four, and the first Hulk movie... That was pre-Disney...

Now, watch Thor, Iron Man, and the Avengers... That is post-Disney.

Look at it this way... Watch the X-Men Movies (not First Class), the Spiderman 1 & 2, Fantastic Four, and the first Hulk movie... That was pre-Disney...

Now, watch Thor, Iron Man, and the Avengers... That is post-Disney.

^^ Agreed. Disney has done very well with the Marvel movies lately. Of course Joss Whedon directing Avengers didn't hurt either. But there was a huge difference between Hulk and The Incredible Hulk as far as quality goes.

Of course, Star Wars is a bit more established with a different fan-base. I think it will either be very well done, or crash and burn. Look at it this way, it really can't get much worse than Ep. I II and III. I'm optimistic.

It gets exhausting to read every other comment on every forum online about this Disney/StarWars discussions bring I, II, III up. Yes, George messed up. He had a poor cast (All but Ewen Mcgregor, and Liam Neeson :).) He tried way too damn hard to lighten it up so young kids would love the franchise (My phone is more intelligent then those comedic Battle Droids. WTF?) But I'm one of those few who still believe that with those three original stories being darkened up a little, and a handful of plot lines fixed, they would have been great... oh!... and a new cast would help too. The major problem is Star Wars has become too big of a universe. There are stories within stories and fans have expanded it and pushed it to grow more and more and what do we expect? All the mystery and magic from the first films are gone because we all "Want More!" and its getting harder to make stories with long-term events in the universe without messing something up, or just wedging it in and that just doesn't work all the time. Lets face it, star wars has been milked since the first three movies, and after the three to follow. I saw an R2D2 Tampon... a TAMPON! The fans are almost equally responsible for the Jaba sized mess Star Wars has become.

disney-princess-leia.jpg

I like the new addition to the Disney princesses. But you could've used slave leia image in stead no?
Anyways. It's true about us wanting more and messing up. But I think we should say enough is enough for now...

But we'll see... That leads me to this image btw... Enjoy!

http://9gag.com/gag/5742797

It will be interesting to see where they attempt to build from. They will either pull it off extremely well or fail extremely badly.
Just pray they don't try something stupid like making R2-D2 actually talk...... *shudders*
Suffice to say, it's hard to judge before they've done anything. That's like judging halo without playing it.
Which is also the main reason people play Call of Duty.
Derp.
LOL. But seriously, I can't wait to see what happens. Maybe it will actually give Star Wars some life again, it's somewhat overdone now.

you with wreak it ralph coming out and the way they've done the war game, i was like humm this could be a good way to make a halo movie because come on, if they do good with star wars then i want to see it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back