Do Not Buy The Rubie's Helmet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so, i go to the mall to go look at gamestop to find some Halo figurines and stuff. They are all sold out, so i went upstairs to an FYE store. And then my eye caught the master chief helmet. i decided if i dont get my pep helmet finished for halo-ween, i can use that helmet. so i got it. It was $40 so i was thinking it was like Adam's. rock hard, all that stuff. Well, i thought WRONG! I open it up only to find that the cheap helmet is connected in two pieces by velcro. And then theres this HUGE line where you put it together. It is stupid. Its really flimsy plastic. Basically the same plastic the used to cover it.

Pics: It may look kinda nice, but trust me, its not!

100_0503.jpg

100_0505.jpg

Vent holes
100_0508.jpg

100_0510.jpg

HUGE LINE
100_0511.jpg

CRAPPY PADDING
100_0512.jpg

EPIC FAIL
100_0521.jpg

Anyways, Rubies is junk. dont get it.

Rubies, I am dissapointed.

im going to just work on my real helmet...to Adam: the dissapointment is that id expect bungie to hire someone decent to make the costumes is all. maybe you!

fixing that seam and painting would help a lot. Hard to really tell from the pics but the chin looks wrong. It can definitely be improved.

Graverobber said:
im going to just work on my real helmet...to Adam: the dissapointment is that id expect bungie to hire someone decent to make the costumes is all. maybe you!

Not me, but basically they are making a BETTER more expensive version. Thing is, it's all about the benjamins baby. People will buy this for halloween, and $ will be made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam said:
Not me, but basically they are making a BETTER more expensive version. Thing is, it's all about the benjamins baby. People will buy this for halloween, and $ will be made.

its all about the money. anyway someone with a better talent in doing this should have made the official ones.

Thats actually pretty good for a Rubie's helmet.
Maybe they figured that theres looked like a chipmunk.
I see great improvement.
People could use these as a cheap replacement.
But do what Adam said, seems like a pretty damn good base to me.

RadioactiV777 said:
Thats actually pretty good for a Rubie's helmet.
Maybe they figured that theres looked like a chipmunk.
I see great improvement.
People could use these as a cheap replacement.
But do what Adam said, seems like a pretty damn good base to me.

So you got this at FYE for how much?
Doesn't look that bad (you can use cheap things to use as a base and save time..), looks workable. Styrene and Bondo can probably get you far on that...

How's the visor?

If you don't want it, I'll take it.

Graverobber said:
its all about the money. anyway someone with a better talent in doing this should have made the official ones.

Yeah, we'll get Adam , Spase , Link, BlueRealm, Belakor, Sean, and the whole elite section to form a company and appeal to Bungie.

That covers nearly every Halo prop that's needed, perms, weps, armor and all.

Unless you want to be an elite or something, then you're out of luck.

What did you expect from a mass-produced Halloween costume? Very rarely do you see something actually worth buying sadly :(

Though it does look like crap. I would much prefer crappy tinted plastic then a little slot for a visor, and the two halves look like they went to two different helmets.

Dreadnought of Fury said:
What did you expect from a mass-produced Halloween costume? Very rarely do you see something actually worth buying sadly :(

Though it does look like crap. I would must prefer crappy tinted plastic then a little slot for a visor and the two halves look like they went to two different helmets.

i wish i could return it, but i opened it. :mad:

Here's an Idea, try selling it to some Halo n00b you know that you've meet in real life. The response would probably be like this: OMG! IZ TTLY TAKE IT FROMZ YOU! ROFL IZ THE 1337EST EVER! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. The easiest way to get that helmet off your hands :lol: .

I though the helmet was one piece... But nothing bad but a westerfield is in 3 pieces. You could easily make this look like a nice helmet with some work. Think of it as the pep helm already made... all you have to do is bondo and fiber glass the inside insert a new visor maybey and repaint...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back