Do Not Buy The Rubie's Helmet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fenix Chief said:
Here's an Idea, try selling it to some Halo n00b you know that you've meet in real life. The response would probably be like this: OMG! IZ TTLY TAKE IT FROMZ YOU! ROFL IZ THE 1337EST EVER! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. The easiest way to get that helmet off your hands :lol: .

That's mean though and you want the 405th to be friendly.

Graverobber said:
i wish i could return it, but i opened it. :mad:

Like I said above, I'll pay shipping and a small fee, and I'll take it off your hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you could always use that helmet to mess around with. :D Test out color schemes and stuff. It may not look that great but I see potential in that helmet. Just mod it and such.

Anything rubies is usually junk. The only good about that helmet is that it could be used as a base to do more work ontop of. I remember people took kellogs cereal clone trooper helmets and cut them up, put them back together, used lots of bondo and fixed them to look more accurate.

i like the heuge whole in the visor for sight and the detail that stops at the seam and doesnt get carried into the back lol

That helmet looks nothing like the Rubies stuff I've seen to this point.. wierd.

You have to look at this stuff as a fix-er-upper. It would look good if you put the time into fixing it, but off the shelf it's not going to be to our standards. It's mass produced so they don't exactly spend the time and attention that we would on each helmet.

For 90% of the people out there, they're probably going to be satisfied with something like that... but not 405th'ers. We're picky!

Sean Bradley said:
For 90% of the people out there, they're probably going to be satisfied with something like that... but not 405th'ers. We're picky!

Damn straight!.

Yea, The rubies full costume sucks, a friend of mine got it because doesnt know how to make it himself lol, and there is no armor on the back or anything, and its the deluxe version.! I mean WTF??

Thats not Rubies... Thats what i believe anyway

rubies is famous for having a ridiculously large jaw piece, and it has a full visor.

That doesn't look like rubies, but maybe im mistaken, prehaps they made a newer version.

That aside, its not all bad, you could remove the visor with a dremel and make a better one.
Fibreglass the inside completely, and add bondo over the "Line, then just repaint it, cant be that bad.

It is, it's a basic helmet, their true true true deluxe helmet is "ok", fairly detailed, but like you mentioned, super huge visor, super huge jaw. Lack of duel layer visor too, the deluxe helmet just has a whitish sticker that goes over it.

This helmet can be improved, as everyone has already said, it's not a total waste... I mean, even if you fix it up it wont be "teh bestest helmit evar" but it will look much better than it's current state of apperance :]

Looking at the details, it is rather nice actually. What type of material is this made out of? Thick plastic? Or really cheap thin plastic?

If it's thick enough, you could fiberglass the inside to give it some strength, then bondo the outside in some areas and around the seem where the 2 halves connect. I think a major parto f it being "crap" is the paintjbo too, a nice paint job on the outside can turn that helmet into a head turner.

EDIT: Next time I go to FYE, I might look at one and buy one to fix up.

it's made out of vinyl I believe... and Rubies did redesign their helmet before release. That first version was super super rushed to try to make the halo 3 release date.

I'm afraid then resin will eat it and destroy it. I've used a little container made of vinyl before to hold resin in while fiberglassing, by the time I was done, the bottom of the container was eaten away. Otherwise, bondoing the inside very thin and fiberglassing ontop the bondo is the only way to keep the helmet protected.

AoBfrost said:
I'm afraid then resin will eat it and destroy it. I've used a little container made of vinyl before to hold resin in while fiberglassing, by the time I was done, the bottom of the container was eaten away. Otherwise, bondoing the inside very thin and fiberglassing ontop the bondo is the only way to keep the helmet protected.

Well, since the vinyl is the base structure, all you really need is to Primer the helmet as it is, then bondo detailing on the outside of the helmet, right?

the inside can be fitted with a motorcycle liner too.

EDIT: And replace the visor completely with a motorcycle one... whats it called... HJC or somethign like that?

Reason why I would fiberglass it is because the helmet is flimsy, just light pressure can warp it. It's the cheap type of plastic you see on halloween mask and such, they bounce back to shape after you stop applying pressure to them. Bondo would crack off and chip because how flimsy the structure is. It needs fiberglass to hold it down and make it solid.

A HJC brand gold visor off ebay or a motorcycle store would be nice too. Even if you dont go duel layer, a visor is better than that piece of crap they put into the helmet.

AoBfrost said:
Reason why I would fiberglass it is because the helmet is flimsy, just light pressure can warp it. It's the cheap type of plastic you see on halloween mask and such, they bounce back to shape after you stop applying pressure to them. Bondo would crack off and chip because how flimsy the structure is. It needs fiberglass to hold it down and make it solid.

A HJC brand gold visor off ebay or a motorcycle store would be nice too. Even if you dont go duel layer, a visor is better than that piece of crap they put into the helmet.

Oh I see, I thought it would have been made like the Legindary Edition helmet.... wow Rubies is cheap/crappy stuff lol

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Oh I see, I thought it would have been made like the Legindary Edition helmet.... wow Rubies is cheap/crappy stuff lol
That cheap/crappy thing is probably "teh bestest helmit evar" to about 98% of the world's population, but to use superior 405thers, we stick our noses in the air. Like Sean said, we're just picky.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
That cheap/crappy thing is probably "teh bestest helmit evar" to about 98% of the world's population, but to use superior 405thers, we stick our noses in the air. Like Sean said, we're just picky.

Heh, that's just how we roll :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back