Props DogWizard Gravity Hammer build *FINISHED WITH PICS* Added 2 more*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you could do is a slight blue acrylic wash over it and see if that will give more of a blue reflection?

Either way i think it would add that extra detail to have that or just painting those spots.

Hmm..I really want to stay away from using the blues for this. I know what you are saying though. The reason I don't want to use the blues is because I don't feel it "looks right" on a real world prop. I feel the only way I'd ever do blue is if I was able to completly light the hammer up just like the in-game model does.

I saw how the soaring hammer guys did their blue, but it's just not doing it for me :/ Thank you for the suggestion!

The I would say just go with using the white reflective tape. That would give a cool effect and look good on the black.

Thanks! Yea, I am just not sure if I should add the tape or not, I guess that's what I was really asking :/ I can always add that on later though

Anyhoo..hammer head is assembled...about to add those 4 support pieces here shortly, but my biggest concern being the blade attaching to the main body, but hey, it's holding!

008-39.jpg

Coming along beautifully. I love seeing how huge this thing really is when you do the scale correct. I've been tempted to make a smaller one out of really soft foam. It would make for a great idiot stick in my class. LOL

Started weathering this bad boy. Very painstaking due to the size. Just finished half of the upper body so far....

Well I can safely say that I finished this prop. Weathering is completed! Tried a new technique utilizing baby powder to weather the black parts as well. I think it came out decent. Don't really have anyone home here to take a pic of me holding it or vice versa :'(

Here are some detail pics

100_2590.jpg

100_2591.jpg

100_2592.jpg

100_2594.jpg

100_2595.jpg

100_2596.jpg

100_2597.jpg

100_2598.jpg

100_2599.jpg

100_2600.jpg

100_2601.jpg

LMK what you all think!

-TC

Very nice! I was waiting to see what you would do for the weathering, and you didn't dissapoint. I love all the grunge in the cracks, it looks awesome!

I'm gonna try and get some pics of me holding it lol my gf is coming over later so I migh just get her to help me out with that

The end product is just breathtaking. I LOVE the weathering. The dirt and grime has almost an oily look to it. It's exactly what I'd expect from a Brute weapon that would potentiall collect a lot of blood, grit, grime, entrails.... you get the picture. Awesome work. I'll let you know when we get the Griff suit ready, that thing would make one hell of a Grffball game. LOL

so I took a step back, put my eyes back in, picked my jaw off the floor, got my heart running again, and read that you used baby powder to do the weathering on the black. If I may ask, please explain!

so I took a step back, put my eyes back in, picked my jaw off the floor, got my heart running again, and read that you used baby powder to do the weathering on the black. If I may ask, please explain!

Well I was trying to figure out how to get the "look" I wanted. I wanted to mimic how the WETA studios hammer looks. From my observation, there is a whit-ish look to the black of the hammer head. So I figured I needed to apply some form of white to it.

It was more an experiment to see if it'd work or not and I think it did. I was scouring my house for some type of white powder, like talcum powder. It came to me then that since Halo 3 takes place in the deserts of Africa, it could logically be safe to say that desert sand could weather "this piece." What I do know is that middleastern sand is VERY fine and is very much like talcum powder. So I finally realized that I had some baby powder from basic training left over, and gave it a whirl.

Truly an epic weapon build. One of the many I'm planning to do myself. Just haven't decided if I want to scratch-build or go with a kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back