Dr.Tavish's Jun-266 wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Tavish

Hello 405th, first time posting so I probably goofed somewhere with the pictures so please dont hit me. But, here's some progress over a week after starting my Jun 266 armor for this upcoming "halo"ween lolololol. Umm...left scout shouder is done except for the bullets, and right shoulder is still needing some love. Working like a dog to get this finished and would love some imput.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Those aren't Jun's shoulders man, But I like em anyways, looking forward to seeing this completed.

Thanks. umm, yeah I kinda figured they were not his. I just couldnt find the pep files and the scout were the closest I could find.
I think I'm just making my own spartan "based" on him.

Nice attention to detail. your edges are nice and crisp the wethered paint is pretty authentic looking. I like your work. more pics please

is there any way you can clean up the edges on future parts? it's hard to explain, but the edges of the circular cut on the middle picture look very bumpy and inconsistent.
is that caused by the initial cut of the card your using? (if you are using cardstock) or the resin forming droplets on the edges?
either way, a little more time spent can go a long way,
when the resin is drying, if you see a droplet forming, you can wipe it away with the brush, or try to "soak" it up with a piece of paper kitchen towel.
catch them fast though, as if you miss them when the resin starts to really kick (harden) you might cause more harm than good.

i really like your weathering, looks like a drybrush technique? works very well, and apart from one small area, you've got a great grasp of where realistic weathering should go.

if you take a little black or brown ink, you can dab a little of it onto a few of the silver weather'ed areas, to give the impression of some dirt or rust.
water the ink down a little, or experiment on something first though.

so yeah, What Alix965 said, more pics!

The detail is very good. When I am working to make an insane deadline, I usually ignore every other part of my life, untill it is over. That usually includes work, used to be school, friends, wife, sleep, and sometimes food. In some ways it can be when you do your best work. After a week of that schedule, you will be extremely exhausted, but the progress you make will encourage you to keep going.

It may not be exactly like Jun, but if you are going to take the time to make your own Spartan armor, make it the way you want it to be.

I think you're are talking about the hand plates, yeah the holes look a bit yucky. I'll probably dremel sand them to make
them more round, it was the initial cut. Weathering is the drybrush technique and I'll totally do the brown and black ink.
Or even a rust colored paint with the drybrush...thanks for the idea!

a REALLY nice trick i like to use, though i would not encourage it on this project (something to consider in the future)
is spraying the whole piece in silver, then painting toothpaste (or i use liquid latex) onto where you want the scratches, in the pattern you want the scratches look.
then spray paint the whole thing in your olive drab color, and finally peel off the latex, it leaves these perfect scratches that actually have a raised section around them, makes it really look like the olive paint was scratched off on those areas.

As promised, a few more pics of my left gauntlet and glove, freshly finished!
Going to finish wiring tomorrow to light up the screen after I overlay some kind of map-ish picture.
Added my camoflauge to add that little bit of personality that says "hell, there were more spartans than
the ones we know from the games and books, I coulda been a contenda!"

Right arm to follow suit tomorrow after I get more fiberglass resin, Cheers.

Which helmet file are you useing?:) I just like to see my helmet peppedXD Because I can look at a pepped helmet at say to myself: That is why I made it:) But feel free to use another file;) It is your prodject after all^_^

Looking good and I can't wait to see more:D!

Jico, the file I have is rvb18's. I havent started on the helmet yet because I want to take the most time with it, but I will look at yours.
Question, is it more high-def than the previous model? I'm not one to talk but I did enjoy pepping the ultra high-def model of War Machine's helmet.
I'm just a perfectionist : 3

Ok man, definatly going to go with your pep. Seems that it will get me where I want to be faster. Thanks for the heads up!
Great karma your way.

And just a small update before saturday. Chest in the pic was to small so I had to
go with the default armor due to my time constraints.
Super unhappy with the turnout due to the crunch.
And umm...my helmt, emblazoned with the Mau5 head, just because I can : 3
Will hopefully have suited up pictures later today or tomorrow.
Cheers 405th!

Helmet was also less finished in the first pic. Thanks to Jico for the heads up.
Love the helmet and will be building another after Halloween.

Helmet was also less finished in the first pic. Thanks to Jico for the heads up.
Love the helmet and will be building another after Halloween.

No problem:D Looking great!:D I love every time I someone pep my file^_^ looking forward to see the second one after halloween:D

I'm really impressed on the colorization! it originally looks like "used" metal-plates! great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back