Dracks MK VI Pep Helmet to Clay Sculpt

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice mold. now to sit and wait lol.

are you plannig on doing further molds/pulls in other mediums?

also as a vacu former myself.

what are you planning to use pullwise- abs/styrene/HDP?

and how many sections per helm are you planning on.

Looks Awesome my friend. :)

Cheers Thorn. Just about to start the second part of the mould now :)

nice mold. now to sit and wait lol.

are you plannig on doing further molds/pulls in other mediums?

also as a vacu former myself.

what are you planning to use pullwise- abs/styrene/HDP?

and how many sections per helm are you planning on.

I am a little confused on this question "are you planning on doing further molds/pulls in other mediums?" The helmet is too be moulded in silicone. Once finished I will be casting it in urethane plastic. It is cast as one piece.

As for the visor I am not sure yet what I will be using because I have never vacuum formed before. I will cross that bridge when I get closer to doing it :)

ive done alot of vaccing.

my question was more about "do you plan do a resincast, poured plastic/ foam latex version".. sorry for the confusion.

depending on how you do your assembly you could make a standard HJC install.

let me know if you have any vacuforming questions. ive done a ton of starwars armor and id be more then happy to try an answer your questions.

ive done alot of vaccing.

my question was more about "do you plan do a resincast, poured plastic/ foam latex version".. sorry for the confusion.

depending on how you do your assembly you could make a standard HJC install.

let me know if you have any vacuforming questions. ive done a ton of starwars armor and id be more then happy to try an answer your questions.

Ah I see. Just a simple poured plastic. If I am guessing right a HJC install is a motorcycle visor right? If so I would have liked to do it that way but it would cost me £60 for the 2 visors which is far too much. I know it would probably end up costing me that to build a vac machine and do them that way but once its all set up it will cost a lot less to make more than one and seeing as I will be doing a run of the helmet I would like to give the option of having the domed visors at a lower cost.

depending on which plastic your using and thickness. some details of the helmet may need to be added seperately. some details may need to be resin cast and glued on such as the front nose piece on a star wars biker scout.

id cut the helmet into several sections to be glued together and assembled.

by HJC i meant the motorcycle visor sorry for the mixup.

feel free to pm me if you want to bounce ideas for vac stuff. id be more then happy to help.

depending on which plastic your using and thickness. some details of the helmet may need to be added seperately. some details may need to be resin cast and glued on such as the front nose piece on a star wars biker scout.

id cut the helmet into several sections to be glued together and assembled.

by HJC i meant the motorcycle visor sorry for the mixup.

feel free to pm me if you want to bounce ideas for vac stuff. id be more then happy to help.

Its cool I have done roto casting before so not worried about thin spots.

As for the vacuum forming if I have any issues I will give you a buzz for advice but it all seems pretty straight forward. Cheers for the offer :)

Alright someone get me the device that this man is using to get his "creations" out of the halo world cuz I call dibs on the noble team armor :p

Helmet progress looks wicked! Keep up the good work :)

Alright someone get me the device that this man is using to get his "creations" out of the halo world cuz I call dibs on the noble team armor :p

Helmet progress looks wicked! Keep up the good work :)

Hehe lol, cheers man! It's all siliconed up now but I am waiting on some more resin catalyst to turn up so I can get my mother mould done. Hopefully updates at the week end :)

Small update.

Progress has been slow because I have been working on my new kitchen but managed to get bits done here and there on the helmet. Got the silicone all done and mohawk ready for the mother mould. Should have it done in the next few days hopefully :)

IMG_2675_zps70cd8f76.jpg

Cast out of the mould. Cut the visor out today and next its clean up time.

IMG_2698_zpsdd866d78.jpg

Excellent! I am amazed of what this finalized as!
Keep at it my friend!

Oh man...that's pretty clean Tom! :D

Cheers guys. I hope to get it all cleaned up in the next few days (just bought a ton of sand paper) then I will get it all painted up. I really wish I had enough money to build my vac machine so I can start on the visor. I guess I will have to get the master made first ready for it.

Nice work fella. Hoping to do a cast with mine when its finished as well. Nice to see I'm not on my own in Cornwall doing this

Nice work fella. Hoping to do a cast with mine when its finished as well. Nice to see I'm not on my own in Cornwall doing this

Cheers man. Look forward to seeing what you come up with, get that pep finished! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back