Dragon*con 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walter's shins where tight, I struck a pose....... BOOM! Cracked all the way down. Though I hope to fix that since he helped me by loaning me a marine suit ;)

DoC ByTeS said:
Walter's shins where tight, I struck a pose....... BOOM! Cracked all the way down. Though I hope to fix that since he helped me by loaning me a marine suit ;)

Ohhh you are the one that did that. Tisk Tisk. I saw and was like hmm I'll roll with it. This year was amazing and I plan on trying to coordinate things throughout the next year before D*Con to have everything in order, more practice and meeting more people to talk and discuss and get to know each other better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Things to do:
Finish (Read: start) ODST
Get extra memory card for camera
Get new camelpack (mine leaks)

I think thats everything...

As for the little costume kit, maybe somone could keep one in an old ammo can? then keeping it with us wouldn't look out of costumish?

Street legal warthog?...that would be awesome...with a trailer behind it to get all of us from hotel to hotel...except where would we park it?

It would be great to be more organised...

We shouldn't really be afraid to plan on going. If something comes up you can offer your room/badge to another 405ther...

reinforce velcro strap whit hot glue because the heat will melt down the glue on the strap , i was having this problem and skg too whit her hand

Kaya Tetsu said:
As for the little costume kit, maybe somone could keep one in an old ammo can? then keeping it with us wouldn't look out of costumish?

That is an fantastic idea - I've got a bunch sitting around so I'll take care of that. A little UNSC stencil and done!

I actually had a whole bag of stuff in my room but that's where it stayed because it wasn't designed to be portable. I brought a bunch of stuff:

Duct Tape
Painters Tape
Soldering Iron/Solder
Liquid Epoxy
Paste Epoxy
Black Spray Primer
Double-Sided Sticky Tape
Extra LEDs/Resistors/Wire/Shrink Wrap
Extra Screws
Velcro
Strapping/Buckles
Sharpies
Adhesive Foam Sheeting

I was glad I had it but looking back, I wish that it had been portable...

DogWizard said:
Duct Tape
Painters Tape
Soldering Iron/Solder
Liquid Epoxy
Paste Epoxy
Black Spray Primer
Double-Sided Sticky Tape
Extra LEDs/Resistors/Wire/Shrink Wrap
Extra Screws
Velcro
Strapping/Buckles
Sharpies
Adhesive Foam Sheeting
Someone came to D*Con prepared. ;)

Sounds like Dog used to be a boy scout! Or maybe just paranoid about stuff breaking! It's always best to be prepared for anything that can (and will) go wrong. No matter what you do, Murphy isn't far away.

Those ammo cans can be heavy though *rubs shoulder* I hate CCR...anyway...

If you do that, we will all love you forever! Just silver or white spray paint will work, Dogwizard.

Spotters should like wear BDUs and a 405th Tshirt....(speaking of those we need another run *hopeful look at sean*)

What else do we need to cover? What other cons do we want to go to? Should only go to big ones? or small ones? Or both.

E-bob who was one of our marines in the parade acted as my spotted when we went out at night in armor, it was a very helpful thing. also instead of an ammo can to hold a quick repair kit a modified but pack for a marine to carry would be better or a drop leg kit, i have both i think that some one in marine armor can carry it and help and if we need it. Kinda like a combat engineer or medic for Spartans.

Also i will volunteer to coordinate or help out in any projects for Dragon next year.

Edit:
For Vehicles in the parade that is easy to set up but parking is about 20 a day at hotels or 10-15 off site. and u can talk with hotels for Vehicles for parades

I think that any and all cons that a member of the 405th can attend would be worthwhile. Every little thing gets the word out there about us. Just like putting a for sale sign up at the laundry mat - someone will remember the name/number and check it out or pass it on.

I did today I was discussing D*C con with a friend, he didn't get to go. He mentioned wanting his own Spartan suit and I told him to check out the site.

Yeah,we ccan go to all of them, but which cons do we all want to meet up at? (like we did at D*C)

I would say if possible the heavy hitters - D Con, Comic Con, Anime Con, a few others I can't think of right now. Any presence at a con will generate interest. Especially once folks find out we made our armor and didn't buy it. Of course business cards with the logo/website and possibly a few email addresses would be a must. Everyone at a con likes to grab anything that is free.

I think that any 'Con that we can get to is good. The bigger 'Con's may get more attention, but even at the smaller ones are bound to have people there. lol ;p

This is actually an idea me and my roommate were working on. Him and my girlfriend played assistant for me at AdventureCon. We originally were working on the Brute Chieftain but do to money complications we sold the project. We have started on a medic based marine with a complete and mobile repair kit. We should have the medic done by next years AdventureCon to travel with me and fellow spartans from next year on. We'll be attending other conventions as well such as DragonCon 09 so be on the lookout for a medic in our ranks. We also carried fruit juice, life water and snack bars with us to keep the hungry and dehydrated chiefs going. That's something that always gets over looked when thinking of repair supplies, repair for the body with nutrients and real medical supplies. I should have some pics of our progress up when I do my huge update of the three suits I'll have put together silently off the site for last 6-8 months ;)

Cheers,
Kensai

I've decided to TRY to make it to D*con 09, i cant wait till 2010 (as i said in the pic thread)
So basically ill need to save at least $3000 in the next 9ish months... preferably $4000, ill need some spending money :p And money too book hotels etc..
Order of buying/booking stuff: Plane tickets ($2000), a nice big room in the hyatt ($400ish before sharing and splitting the bill?), D*con tickets ($50-$100?) and the rest food/'drink'/spending money.
Not an impossible task... but i wont be able to spend too much money on games, armor and other cons (starting after Armageddon 08 :p) for a while...
Watch out Atlanta! p0rtalman's coming to America!!! *cue montage*

Well try Kayak.com for airplane tickets. It's really cheap, you are just doing stops :p

Well I'll be at WorldCon this summer with my armor and/or my t-shirt/hat.

volkov said:
so yeah... when do we make reservations? ^^

My vote is for the Gordon Biersch micro brewery. ;)

Me and Mikal went there on Sunday and everything there was...omg...delicious. Some of the best stuff I'd ever had.

DoC ByTeS said:
I hope to have non-exploding marine shins for dcon 09 ;) (sorry Walter) :eek:

Thats what happens when your a Fatty (sorry DOC ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back