Dragon*con 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoC ByTeS said:
So the stuff directed to Adam about not calling you, that wasn't to a single person? I personally don't care for you feelings but this looks bad on us all. How is it your a mod agian?

I would have Like to seen the banner like ho Friday AM, and I thought a call would have been good.

"I personally don't care for you feelings" That is why you are not a good team Leader in my eyes.

"this looks bad on us all" Bad things look bad If you can't take it Help out or get out.

"How is it your a mod again" Well ask Adam he saw fit to do it. This has Nothing to do with Mods. ARE you looking for a fight?

Last edited by a moderator:
No reason to.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only drag you down to there level and then beat you with experience.

Comon guys, it is the first time for a lot of people and it will grow better with years. Don't start a fight, it won't help in any way. Try to work together so the next year will be thousand times better. It cannot be perfect.

LastSpartan said:
Comon guys, it is the first time for a lot of people and it will grow better with years. Don't start a fight, it won't help in any way. Try to work together so the next year will be thousand times better. It cannot be perfect.

I was just asking :p

There is a lot of thin skined kids out there and I have a knack of bring them out :cautious:

Love Rob

PS. "It cannot be perfect" yea your right....I know....

And I know you are in kinda of a bad moment so let's try to work together as a team. or better, like a band of brother. Let's keep ourselves together and get a better presentation at the next con! ^^

This is going to get out of hand an fast.

You still shouldn't have aired your beef(s) out like this. If your agenda is to cash in on the small demand for Halo armor, have at it, I don't really care. Just don't type up these nasty toned messages and expect people to go "Oh yessah masstah".

The bottom line like others have said pointing fingers isn't the smartest thing to do. You posted a couple times "How bad we did".

Here's a better approach:

"Hey doods Dragon con was fun, though I think next year we should be organized a bit more. We didn't have enough people to cover the table so we had to let it go. It disappointed me a bit because I couldn't get a hold of anyone. We also didn't have the banner, we just gotta tighten up our communication. The cell phone reception on the ground level of the hotels didn't work, so we missed each other. We should coordinate "call times" so I know when I should go outside to talk to you.

Also you should know, working a table at a Con is A LOT of work. You're "selling" stuff to people. We want people to know about Halo Armor and we want people to join in the fun. We;re not pushing people to "buy armor" from anyone. We're pushing our community. So working a booth It can be humiliating, and it's pretty hard to do if you're shy. You also have to watch whatever is out on the tables. So sign up if you think you can handle it, AND if you 100% know you are going.

The parade originally had 22 people signed up, 5 showed up. If you can't make it, no hard feelings at all, though we just need to make sure so the parade doods can plan.

For our dinner, we didn't really plan well, I think we should plan a time and place next year, and a place that won't kill people's budgets and we all know that before hand, as a lot of us don't know ATL.

Perhaps there should be "group admins" at a con. Someone who can make sure we are where we need to be at what times? Maybe we could even have walkie talkies at some point?

Budgets are also a concern. The host hotels can be pricey, so plan accordingly. If you book on somewhere like Hotels.com, they cost money UP FRONT. If you book through the hotel you don't pay until you check out. So it either case, make sure to save the money up or work something out. If you have to stay at a cheaper area hotel, it's not a problem. Just know transit time, waiting on shuttles etc can cost you some time and perhaps cause some problems (we didn't run into any this year, just a possible scenario)."

This would have been a more diplomatic way to say "We need to work on a couple things" instead of calling us all out. And in defense of Adam, if he didn't make this forum, the few of us would have met up in person, or even know we could make Halo Armor.

The only other thing I will say to everyone is, be honest. If you want to go and just chillax, network, meet people and have fun, awesome. You don't have to "work" a con to be a part of the community. Though if you make a commitment to whoever, make sure you do what you agreed to, and if plans change make sure they know! We don't need anymore bollocks like this popping up.

And maybe that in 2009, we (I'm not including myself .... yet) could use walkie-talkie. Everyone on the same channel.

Yea Git got out of hand. Too late DoC is pissed at me.

I am over it. Sorry to offended

Sorry I said what I thought.

SK is right.

As for the rest Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry.

Rob

Band me or not. just stop! I got it.

Walkie talkies would not be a bad idea. Actually, there are Cobra brand (and others) that have vox communications. They run about 40 dollars for a set of 2 at Walmart. I've been thinking about incorporating one into my armor for situations like this. The batteries fully charged are good for about 8 hours and the range is about 2 miles. They work great indoors (I've used them at work). Just a thought.

tlither said:
Walkie talkies would not be a bad idea. Actually, there are Cobra brand (and others) that have vox communications. They run about 40 dollars for a set of 2 at Walmart. I've been thinking about incorporating one into my armor for situations like this. The batteries fully charged are good for about 8 hours and the range is about 2 miles. They work great indoors (I've used them at work). Just a thought.

We had commercial band Motorola walkies there, we just never got around to using them. Though Spase and I had fun in the van with them, LOL. :cool:

Lol ^^

Everyone on the 1:17 channel! ^^

I got 2 Cobras, and 2 motorola. Sadly, Cobras and Motorola are do not have a great comptatibility together...

Sounds like a neat idea Tlither, maybe we can jot that down for Things we suggest we need :)

Mr JaxJags, when ya get this, did ya want to head up our D*Con 09 discussion?

Skullcandy Girl said:
Sounds like a neat idea Tlither, maybe we can jot that down for Things we suggest we need :)

Mr JaxJags, when ya get this, did ya want to head up our D*Con 09 discussion?

I think he does, and I'm waiting for the active Dcon 09 count! LOL ;)

I was thinking since people might want to talk about D*Con as a group... maybe we can have a chatroom dedicated to D*Con 09 preperations? I knwo we cant have a chatroom on the forum here but maybe we can find another host or whatever just for a chatroom and post a link to the chat in a thread for D*Con 09?

I dunno... just thinking out loud :]

An official convention thread listing dates and confirmed 405th attendees wouldn't hurt. As for a chat room, why not? There are several free chats available out there.

Regarding lodging(hotel rooms) - I would take the advice of booking hotel rooms now for next year. At first I looked into group rates, but the only way to do that is to book a meeting with the hotels and we don't need to do that. Lodging will have to be handle on an individual basis. I would try to group up with a few other people if possible to keep your costs for those rooms down. Hmm...thread idea.

I agree with Magnum, we should open a Hotel Booking thread and keep track of Who has rooms, How many people can we cram into that room, and Who is staying in what room.

And dedicate each room as "Group A, Group B.." and so forth.

If you all agree on this, I'd be glad to open up a thread and keep it well Organized and Updated :]

I like the walkie talkie idea. It could work very well. I would suggest a list of numbers of people at the con,but I wouldn't want to put my number out there so...yeah....I don't think everyones comfortable giving out their number.

Please book your lodging soon, I'm already discussing this with my parents give me two weeks till they see my grades and I should be good to go.

We just need to get organised, this is a group effort. May I suggest a subforum for organising this sort of thing? So that its not lost among the other threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back