Dragon*con 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when should we start an "All D*Con 09' Attending 405thers Mass Reservation Movement"?.... *rereads what she just typed* LOL, maybe we can shorten up that title :D

I'd be down for it.. I mean worst case scenario I could probably pass my reservation off.. But I fully intend on going so reservations are sort of up there in my priority list..

These are all good questions, but keep in mind not to look to someone else to answer them for you or take responsibility for us all. I think part of the organizational difficulties we had with D*C was that everyone was excited, started signing up on all the 'Registry" and list threads, then assumed that someone else would take the initiative to coordinate us all or backed out alltogether.

And about that ... what was with the 20 or so people who signed up to walk in the parade then never showed up? Before we start getting into that territory again, we need to figure out who's serious about it, who's responsible to coordinate certain events, and who's going to say they're coming then back out without telling anyone.

In short, we'll need an events coordinator to handle much of this.. and I believe theres a position for such in the charter..right?.. so charter ho!

jeez, i gotta see if the parents are willing to put up with this, it seems to be so much fun! hey! maybe my cousin would love to go to D*Con....he went to comic con, they are big video game fans.

I love coordinating and Organizing things... just ask any of the members of the Q&A Team, or people i play XBL with... I live by routine and order :D

It's actually really bad, I'm so routine I'm predictable.... at any given time, most people know where I am and what I'm doing lol. If my schedule gets messed up....... oh man, you should see me. I get lost and I cant complete my day without messing up over and over and over again lol.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
I love coordinating and Organizing things... just ask any of the members of the Q&A Team, or people i play XBL with... I live by routine and order :D

It's actually really bad, I'm so routine I'm predictable.... at any given time, most people know where I am and what I'm doing lol. If my schedule gets messed up....... oh man, you should see me. I get lost and I cant complete my day without messing up over and over and over again lol.

You should see the Q&A PM's everyone LOL. All in good fun BRI, they are fun but informative, I enjoy those little messages :). If only you spent as much time on your armor... Ouch :p. I play.

Cheers,
Kensai

Last edited by a moderator:
kensai111 said:
Didn't attend D*Con this year but I do have something to contribute from the 405th's first con this year, AdventureCon.

1. Test, re-test and test again all of your under armor fittings and strapping the day before, including test walks.

2. Don't sacrifice mobility for "the look" otherwise you'll be an awesome looking MC statue and good luck making it to the vendors when it's time for water and you have to navigate an escalator.

3. Improper padding + strapping = permanent scarring *looks at back of legs*

4. Bring extra everything. (duct tape, velcro strips, sharpie marker, glue gun, everything)

5. Bring a handler or two. You're going to need someone to help you get in and out of your suit, hold your new toys, take pictures, get you water or anything else you need.

6. Practice poses, in armor you are going to take about 200 every 30 minutes. You can't keep doing the same thing over and over again, mix it up. Mobility plays issue again here... see a repeating pattern?

7. Get plenty of sleep the night before.

8. Get all your vitamins and a healthy meal.

9. Hit the bathroom BEFORE you suit up, once your in, you might as well forget about getting out.

10. Be respectful to everyone, even if there isn't an official 405th yet, when it comes time people are going to remember us and your attitude reflects on us all.

Cheers,
Kensai

love number 7.... d*con has parties very nite, so its kinda hard to get some sleep

As some folks are fond of telling FS, sleep is for the weak. If you can manage to pull 4 hours a night, you're doing good in my opinion.

kensai111 said:
You should see the Q&A PM's everyone LOL. All in good fun BRI, they are fun but informative, I enjoy those little messages :). If only you spent as much time on your armor... Ouch :p. I play.

Cheers,
Kensai

LOL you should see me after I send out all those messages, I get really stressed because i think I was being too mean, or too demanding, or just plain annoying and I Spam PM tlither asking him if it came off as mean, rude, dumb, annoying, etc lol

If only you spent as much time on your armor...
:eek: DAYUM SON! lol, your right. There just isnt enough time in my SCHEDULE to get alot done in one sitting 0.o

I have to say that Kelly is very persistent. It doesn't do any good to PM her telling her to stop. She just keeps hammering on the inbox! :D

After having much difficulties in life arise. Finally things are settling down for me.
I WILL be attending D-Con 09! And bringing some of the things ive been working on as well.

Well I'm talking with my parents about getting there.

How much are the fee for parking? And what is the Airport in Atlanta near the Convention?

I looked on kayak.com and there wasn't any flights at this time :S

Sean Bradley said:
[...]

And about that ... what was with the 20 or so people who signed up to walk in the parade then never showed up? Before we start getting into that territory again, we need to figure out who's serious about it, who's responsible to coordinate certain events, and who's going to say they're coming then back out without telling anyone.
[...]
I was wondering about the parade... It looked like there were only four or five people walking. I only saw a few pics or the parade, and I wasn't there, so I really don't know.

Oh man ... I will definitly try and make it to D*Con in 2009. I will probably have my Mark VI suit done by then, as well as my Mark V, so if someone needs an extra suit, you'll have it. So ... anyone in the New England area attending any conventions soon? I am looking forward to a couple in Boston.

- Adulese

DoC ByTeS said:
I hope to have non-exploding marine shins for dcon 09 ;) (sorry Walter) :eek:
*Note to self: Stay a moderate distance away from DoC's shins.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back