Dragon Con Birthday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearsofhalo

sooo.... I was talking to my parents....and even though i am 18 they still buy me birthday gifts. so my dad upon asking him told me that either I could go to Dragon Con, or get a huge flat screen TV for my dorm. what do you think i should do? and what are some fun things that i could do at DCon that i wont be able to do anywhere else. I will be going as an ODST. Is there going to be a parade this year like last year? if there is I will go. lol I'm sorry if anything I wrote can be found out in another place.

Well, you could go somewhere and do something, have fun, see others' armor and costumes, show off yours, and probably have a really fun time.

Or, you could get a TV.

If it's not obvious enough, I'm saying go to Dragon*Con.

Once my armor is finished and I have a weapon or two built, I'd love to go. When I do go, it's going to be a 'big' trip; I'm 1800 miles from Atlanta.

It depends on your interests. There is a LOT to do and the guest list this year looks phenominal. There should be a very strong 405th presence again this year and there will of course be the parade. Last year was the first real "large group" gathering and I think that we will be a bit more organized this year. There will probably be more 405th group activities (at least I hope so)...

Hotel space is still at a premium so that will be something to consider. Material goods vs. memories and experiences - not always an easy call (I would choose DCon)...

Check it out:

DragonCon

god its in atlanta, my aunt lives there. I want to go soooooo bad but i cant.AAAWAWRERDAGAS. but yea I'd go for dcon.

if given the same choice i'd definitely choose DragonCon. of course i have my own 32" not the biggest tv, but still pretty big. but even if i didn't, i'd still choose DragonCon, you can always get a tv later, but you can't go back in time to do something you didn't do before. ^^

you could watch the dragoncon dvd on your huge tv, but then that would make you feel really really bad for missing it.

seriously. its friggin awesome.

Reality is the ultimate HD resolution IMO.

Unless you have bad eyesight like me.

Trooper0621 said:
Reality is the ultimate HD resolution IMO.

Unless you have bad eyesight like me.

Having bad eyesight sucks so bad. There are SO many situations (ex: being alive) where good eyesight would come in handy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd go with the TV, then again I already have one too. the only reason being is because i haven't finished my new suit yet. :(

the TV will last longer and there is always next year?

But that's just me..

FYI I'm 18 also. ;)

Macattack64 said:
I'd go with the TV, then again I already have one too. the only reason being is because i haven't finished my new suit yet. :(

the TV will last longer and there is always next year?

But that's just me..

FYI I'm 18 also. ;)

The same could be said the other way around; bigger, better TVs will be available next year.

Plus, something amazing, awe inspiring, or tragically incredible could happen. Like, a freak fuel-air bomb detonating somewhere near the con when everyone is marching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I am a 3-year veteran of Dragon Con, I would say go with the TV. Save Dragon Con for your 21st, and have an absolutely incredible time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back