Dragoncon Table Banner Is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadguy said:
Do we get everyone to post action shots in their armor and use them as "faded-out" backgrounds in the Blue mesh sides of the main logo above?

Or some of the promo pics of Adam in his armor and the various slogans?

That might work but not sure, since the rules of the logo use prohibit copywrighted material and applying the MC to a banner. We will have to check on that one, great idea though.

Last edited by a moderator:
A real slogan, what can it be? Should be descriptive for starters, like:

A community dedicated to building the warriors of tomorrow. Or something to that effect.

Well it should definately say Honor, Armor, Community, thats in the official logo!

I realy like the 'Building the Warriors of Tomorrow' also. Some care should be taken not to overload it with text though.. people don't read at cons.. they'rebarraged with text. Images (photos) grab much more attention.

I'd love to see some big, banner sized pics of Adam and Space from the Marine armor shoot.

Sean Bradley said:
Well it should definately say Honor, Armor, Community, thats in the official logo!

I realy like the 'Building the Warriors of Tomorrow' also. Some care should be taken not to overload it with text though.. people don't read at cons.. they'rebarraged with text. Images (photos) grab much more attention.

I'd love to see some big, banner sized pics of Adam and Space from the Marine armor shoot.

Bare in mind this is an example of Magnum and Your ideas. And in no way is this a banner, but a lauching point maybe.

2567735019_e90ff1b4c8_o.gif

This is for the donated 2x6 (2.5x6 actually) for the table

Just from a design and information standpoint, do we want people to go "Oh cool banner" or do we want them to go "Ohhhhhh cool I can make my own Halo armor(s) at this place!!"

So are we talking about the banner here, or is this the the flag topic? :cautious:

*Side note* I think the banner from the top is a great idea with minor wording like the web addy they need to go to it.

Oh yeah I'm getting thrown off too. I thought Doc said he could make this banner now with no limitations.

The downside to a "Dojo" layout is it's much more difficult to read (as in time). If you doods want to make flags stuffs, coo. I just thought this was about a table banner.

I don't think it's a bad idea to have people in Halo armor on the banner, though what is the purpose? Do we want to say "We make sweet armor worship us". Or do we want to say "Hey, want to make sweet armor like us and have fun"? Also, you need to have at least 300DPI photos so they don't get blown out into mosaic noise-fests.

Yeah as I stated that was a fusion between the Sean and 23Magnum ideas, I just threw it together very quickly. While I like that idea too, I will have to get HD photos or HD copies on the top banner to use. The only down side to the Adam & Spase photo shoot is I think the images where originally saved at 72dpi, not that it wouldn't still look good as long as your about 5ft away still.

Had to change topic to "table banner" because some people can't read size or type of banner. Plus isn't there a difference between flag and banner..... ummmmm.

Adam said:
fadf004b48.jpg

perhaps this may spark an idea or two.

Now that's what I'm talking about! Might we trouble to put the web addy on the bottom though?

DoC ByTeS said:
Now that's what I'm talking about! Might we trouble to put the web addy on the bottom though?
i dont think you need a web addy because when you type in "405th" on google this is the first thing that comes up. Or another thing to do is have some one bring a laptop so then can register. Then you will get a reminder in there email and they can do it right away

I would just use a business card. I dont know if im the only one but at cons i walk around with a free bag that stores all the paper that i get

Spartan 051 said:
i dont think you need a web addy because when you type in "405th" on google this is the first thing that comes up. Or another thing to do is have some one bring a laptop so then can register. Then you will get a reminder in there email and they can do it right away

I would just use a business card. I dont know if im the only one but at cons i walk around with a free bag that stores all the paper that i get

Good idea, and I have a ibook I can offer for display. Just alil 12incher. That keep the banner minimal.

DoC ByTeS said:
Good idea, and I have a ibook I can offer for display. Just alil 12incher.That keep the banner minimal.
The only thing is that you would have to be careful on were you put it. Two close to the table it can be easily taken (i dont know about you but running in armor would be a pain) but too far makes it hard for people to read and register. I think the size is right you dont really want it to be the focal point but rather just a side thing for people to look at. Then the plus side of having a laptop you can play all three of the soundtracks at your both.

Time to go back on topic. I think minimal is always better. i always hate when you see a banner with millions of thing on it. It always looks like there were a) to cheap to make another or :cool: just have a bad eye for making eye pleasing adds.

not to assume we're doing anything, but I've literally spent $10,000 with reynolds over the last two years... I might talk to them about it. (for the Dcon trip/table only though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back