Dragoncon Table Banner Is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vexona,
Thanks for doing the comparison shot - they both look great! I thought that side by side it would be easy to choose but it's more difficult than I thought. I can easily see either one being the final version - fantastic job and I can't wait for this to be locked down (I would love to try this out on my pauldrens). (y)

Doc said I should post these in here for possible 405th logo ideas. Though they are way to involve for the banner, these might work well for the website.
They are the two ending stills in the vids animations I made.

HI-RES_LOGO_BLUE.png

HI-RES_LOGO_DARKRED.png

What'd ya think?

-Magnum

Skullcandy Girl said:
I second the FTW :D

Then the generals and mods could have the laurels (ferns) on either side!!!! That would rock and help to show ranking officers in groups & forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
DoC ByTeS said:
Then the generals and mods could have the laurels (ferns) on either side!!!! That would rock and help to show ranking officers in groups & forum.
Good idea, logo gets more complex as you rank up kinda thing. Heres my idea about that:
RankLogoIdea.jpg

I agree as well - the logo looks great - so great in fact that my personal opinion is that it should be finalized so that we can move forward. The "graduated" application of honorifics would work perfectly for patches and insignia...

adjustments for ranking... lets be rid of the inside hexs I mean we need a real eagle... w/o redwhiteblue etc. but you get the idea.

b5ed341a95.jpg

Adam said:
adjustments for ranking... lets be rid of the inside hexs I mean we need a real eagle... w/o redwhiteblue etc. but you get the idea.

b5ed341a95.jpg
Nice job Adam, yeah it needs a better eagle, how about the eagle from the 405th logo?

How about you do some like the Cap device for Navy caps:
1.jpg

You could have the eagle sitting on the uppermost hex and then anchors crossed under the circles (like if the shield on the device were replaced by the three hexagons).

Adam said:

b5ed341a95.jpg

I say this is great idea, and I'm glad to hear the inner hex is out! (y) (y) (y)

Adam said:
naw... wings need to aim down, plus we can't steal others designs.
So something like this, but with a custom drawn eagle?
RankLogoIdea2.jpg

Sinjinsmiley said:
How about you do some like the Cap device for Navy caps:
1.jpg

You could have the eagle sitting on the uppermost hex and then anchors crossed under the circles (like if the shield on the device were replaced by the three hexagons).
The anchors would be a little weird for a costume and prop site.

The US eagle symbol and US flag should probably be dropped from the design, as this is the United Nations Space Command (UNSC). United nations.. all nations, coming together into one government, not coming together under the US.

Is that the "Team America" theme song I hear playing...? F-yeah.. ;)

Ph4de said:
The anchors would be a little weird for a costume and prop site.
Actually that device appears in Halo on the dress uniform cap so I think it would be suitable.

See picture of cap in cutscene below (sorry for annotations, pic is from a reference thread):
gallery_3419_277_230621.png

yeah.. I just realized that.. lol
"America...f-yeah!"

Lordhoodhalo.jpg

Something weird with the vertical stripes though.. like the middle ones are longer or missing, or those are vertical arrows or something..

Doc,
Next time report the off-topic if it bothers you... that's what the mods are here for. If you really beleive in what you put, feel free to start a new topic on it in such a way that it's not an attack. There's no reason it can't be discussed, though personally, I suspect you might be outnumbered. Although I cetainly recognize your frustration, I don't agree with your solution.

Just remember: Mature is as mature does.

Kerotan, it's gone, let it go. (PM me if you have further questions)

Sorry.. Back on topic.. I'm no mod but that was obviously ready to go crazy.

Sinjinsmiley said:
Here's a mock up my idea for for the highest rank's insignia:

The element you added.. overlaps another, doesn't contrast(visibility..), and has far too much detail to embroider or silkscreen cheaply. Big chunks of color work best. I personally don't like the eagle, too- it's too much of an American symbol to be used in the 26th century for my taste.
I wonder what happened to China in the Haloverse?

I don't think we'll need more than a few ranks. Perhaps three.. if that.
Council member or affiliate, regional leader, and local grunts.
Armed services division such as ODSTs, Marines, or Spartans can be shown with a special patch for each. Overall, though, we need to wait on the charter to see what's needed, and Adam and company will probably already have better insignia cooked up by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back