Props Drop Pod

Status
Not open for further replies.
SchizophrenicMC said:
The most simple way to do this would be to make the sides from the ground-level depth and up, with a seat inside and some various racks for gaming equipment. It'd make a great gaming chair, yes, but you have to remember they're 2 stories tall. My house isn't that big at the top of its roof.

Look here to get an idea of how big it still has to be.

And use wood. Cardboard is a horrid material for about anything, in my experience. Unwieldy substance it is. Not strong, either.

k, thanks for all of the support and advice peoples!

Last edited by a moderator:
SchizophrenicMC said:
And use wood. Cardboard is a horrid material for about anything, in my experience. Unwieldy substance it is. Not strong, either.

Shut the hell up. lol.

I'm guessing you haven't been here long, huh?

I would ALWAYS choose wood over cardboard.

You can get WAY more detail out of wood, its also stronger without the need for resin etc...

xalener said:
Shut the hell up. lol.

I'm guessing you haven't been here long, huh?

Haven't been here long, no, but it doesn't mean I haven't worked with both media in the past.

Cardboard is nowhere near strong enough for this application. Also, it's far too unwieldy for many things. I still wish I had chosen a better material for that MA5B I made 2 years ago. God, it sucked.

Anyway, as a material to support weight, go for wood. It's better and longer-lasting and all kinds of stuff.

Bloodl3tt3r said:
No images, but just wanna say, most EPIC gaming chair, EVER

I think that the Shade Turret from Halo 1 would be epic. Anyways, good luck to your project.

Semper Fi

wow, i cant wait for this to turn out. how long do you expect this project to take till completion?

Ruze789 said:
Thanks for the HD shots Belakor, they should come in pretty handy!

Wow these things are 18 feet tall (according to Halopedia)!

That would make a scaled to action figure size somewhere around 14.25" tall... seems so big.

OMG!! I want to make one for my figure now! LOL Is there anyone that could make this file available for pepping?? I would LOVE to make it for my ODST figure! LMAO I would like to be able to detach the door so there would need to be a seat on the inside. Being it will be about 15 inches tall, if that height measurement is right, that shouldn't be too bad to pep! :D

I recon halopedia might be a bit wrong on this one, if you look at the capsule part where the odst sits and use that as a size reference the pod is about 2 people high, so lets say 12 feet. It may be 18 feet if you include the parachute section though.

HaloGoddess said:
OMG!! I want to make one for my figure now! LOL Is there anyone that could make this file available for pepping?? I would LOVE to make it for my ODST figure! LMAO I would like to be able to detach the door so there would need to be a seat on the inside. Being it will be about 15 inches tall, if that height measurement is right, that shouldn't be too bad to pep! :D

Would a Halo 2 Drop Pod work? I think I've got a basically unfolded one here somewhere...

Well my other thread was foe my physical drop pod (which is on halt until this is done) this will be for my 3d model. this model is being built off of the ref pics courtesy of belakor and "We are ODST". Its basic shape is done and the details are currently being added. If wanted i will release its current state in a 3ds,obj.. you name it. If you wanna help me out, great! If you wanna criticize thats ok also!

Merged threads, if it's a 3D files that's going to be used for the physical prop that already had a topic there's not really a need for a new topic. On top of that it was another one of these "I'm gonna" type threads with no pics so it was likely to get closed anyway...

Belakor said:
Merged threads, if it's a 3D files that's going to be used for the physical prop that already had a topic there's not really a need for a new topic. On top of that it was another one of these "I'm gonna" type threads with no pics so it was likely to get closed anyway...

oh, first off thanks for merging the threads belakor. Second do you want me to send YOU the drop pod so far file?

if not, to anyone else, pm me with your email for the file. also let me know what type of file.

Be it 3ds, obj, ect.

PICS!!!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

they dance in place of my happiness

dance_fail.gif

darth wombo said:
so are you going to build it? because that would be amazing

Well Mr.Wombo, yes that is the intention. To build the upper 3/4ths area of it. for scenes in which the pod is falling i will use this cg replica.

You might be able to use both wood and cardboard...a light wood for a basic frame and use the cardboard for large flat panels. Theoretically you can coat the cardboard with a thin layer of resin to keep it from sagging...think of the cardboard as "cosmetic". :)

so will you be making a HEV or a SOIEIV? The SOIEIVs were from Halo 3 ODST and Cole Protocol. The HEVs were from Halo 2 and from the flood.

Tyvern said:
so will you be making a HEV or a SOIEIV? The SOIEIVs were from Halo 3 ODST and Cole Protocol. The HEVs were from Halo 2 and from the flood.

Soieiv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back