Duke's Custom Reach Suit Pep +photos!! *COMPLETE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lookin' good! I like the color scheme (I have a sweater in that orange).

Using one of those budget motocross jackets for the under suit I see. Looks good where it peeks out.

PerniciousDuke, BAD ASS doesn't even come close to how cool you look....AMAZING!!!!........As for the pinch points.....that is the one factor for me that made me build w/ foam.....Perhaps if you add some upholstery foam to the inner part of the pinch points it will keep the armor from pinching you. Or like you said cut it down....but won't that just leave a "Sharper" edge?

After action report (day 2):

The con went amazing! I'd estimate I took pictures with 200 people or more in the 2 1/2 hours I was suited.

Wrapping gauze around my forearm helped loads with that pinch point. A new problem spot arose though, my shins were able to drop down too far so they would get caught between boot armor and boot leather. Not so bad except it would then press precisely on the ball of my ankle. That was what did me in, otherwise I could have gone another hour or two.

I really want to thank everyone for the support through this journey! Everyone on the 405th has been such a wonder to work along with.

Apart from those who have come before me that i stalked and those who have created files that i used, there are also people who helped me in specific ways by going out of their way to contact me directly and contribute to the cause without request.

kaween - for the wonderful conversations and 3d printing skills.
mblackwell1002 - for being a friend and helping in more ways than I can list.
Dirtdives - for showing me the best way to forum by example and always keeping the mood light.
Asgardianhammer - for helping me up to pro level
And Schankerz And vivalablake89 - for video chatting with me at times which helped me tremendously keep my enthusiasm.

Well, I hear the music telling me to get off stage. I hope that I can help new 405thers the way that you've all helped me!

20180303_094623.jpg

Last edited:
Aw man, there you go pulling my heart strings, it’s been a real pleasure getting to know you through our video chats, game nights and shenanigans on this site. You’ve been at this even before I started mine a think and it’s so awesome to see you finally finish, the details the paint everything is done so good and I hope I get to see it in person some day!

I’m heading to Florida tomorrow for a week but man when I get back we’re having a celebratory Halo game night in your honour for sure! I raise my Timmies cup to you sir (y)

So far my favorite encounter at the convention was my very last photo. Literally walking back to my car, ankles feeling like they are about to bleed and I hear a little voice behind me yell "Spartan!" as I'm midway through a cross walk.

Afraid I'm going to have some kid chase me through the street I turn around and yell, "I'll wait for you!" at a boy with his family.

Once together we pose for this photo (nevermind the half dozen people now forced to wait in the middle of the road. Lol). His mom then tells me it was the only photo he had asked for all day. Talk about heartstrings Schankerz

To top it all off a couple days later I start getting blown up on FB asking if this was me. The mother attempting to track me down, even going as far as tweeting Will Weaton to see if he knows me!

The recognitions so far have been a surprise rush, but it's moments like making this kid's day that really bring me joy.

Screenshot_20180307-120347.png

*His mother did give approval for me to share this photo. Great Han btw mom!*

Well........he wants a HALO suit.........I think I could donate some time and material for a worthy cause.....what do you think Mystery Good Sir? As a matter of fact, I'm on the tail end of an AR build......I'll throw that in as well.

Well........he wants a HALO suit.........I think I could donate some time and material

AND MY AXE!

It sounds like we're building a mini Spartan/Marine, what needs doing? I'm almost done with my current insanity build, midaz jump in on some more.

I've updated my first post to have my total money and time spent. It certainly surprised me! Since it took almost two years I didn't really notice, but I was spending about $60 a month on this thing and an average of 10 hours a week working on it.

I'm going to keep making it better, functionality of joints and aesthetics of the undersuit. But for now I'm going to try some other things. I'll post be posting my next project in the "non halo" section. :unsure:

But for now I've submitted my deployment application and am looking forward to any new possibilities there!
DSC_1924 (2).jpg
DSC_1988 (2).jpg
DSC_2147 (2).jpg

Oh and SI3RRA 117 , we were talking about visors the other day.. how I couldn't see out of the ones from the photo shoot (they had 3 coats of looking glass). Well, for the actual com I decided to wear the one that only had two coats of looking glass. I could see loads better out of it even indoors. Here's one with that visor.
28871953_10210621480443614_6055827063279976448_o.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t think I’ve mentioned his before but especially with these photos you can see how freakin awesome your weathering job is. You really hit it out of the park with that man in really impressed, and with the added lighting and wicked detail work and decals I think you’ll get a good ranking once your deployed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back