Duke's Skyrim Nightingale Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooooooo!

Apparently 5 days of sitting on the ground hammering leather is all my back can take. Something clicked today and I can barely walk. :cry:

I'm not even halfway through either. I've finished 14 pieces with 19 more to go!

I'm still very happy with my progress though. Here's a photo of why I made the dummy. I can wrap the leather around to dry overnight and harden in the correct shape.

20190120_151216.jpg

Nooooooooo!

Apparently 5 days of sitting on the ground hammering leather is all my back can take. Something clicked today and I can barely walk. :cry:

I'm not even halfway through either. I've finished 14 pieces with 19 more to go!

I'm still very happy with my progress though. Here's a photo of why I made the dummy. I can wrap the leather around to dry overnight and harden in the correct shape.

View attachment 264781
That sucks to hear. Either way rest up and make sure your back is much better before going at it again. Risking permanent injury while doing this is not worth it.

I agree with paiganboi. Rest up, take some ibuprofen or an appropriate substitute, and drink a lot of water. After a day or so, try some simple stretches and beginners yoga (no one has to know you do the yoga...) the stretches will suck noodles at first, but that's what you'll have to do, probably.

If after a few days the pain isn't gone, it's time for THE CHIROPRACTOR! (que screechy scary music)

Back problems are the worst!

Ok speaking from years of exp with back issues for the first 24 hrs Ice the area. Advil/ibuprofen and rest. No heat yet. If you have a vibration mat or pad, great. If not, you may want to try stretching. Not yoga!!!! You need to focus on the effected area. Yoga is great to prevent issues. Not to help elevate the pain. The next 48 continue with the advi/ibuprofen and now add some heat. A hot shower would be best. Avoid heating pads. Depending on where your injuries are will determine what best stretching exercises need be done. Now if pain hasn’t subsided yes a chiropractor would be the best thing for you no scary noise effects needed. I have one on standby and is great.

Ok speaking from years of exp with back issues for the first 24 hrs Ice the area. Advil/ibuprofen and rest. No heat yet. If you have a vibration mat or pad, great. If not, you may want to try stretching. Not yoga!!!! You need to focus on the effected area. Yoga is great to prevent issues. Not to help elevate the pain. The next 48 continue with the advi/ibuprofen and now add some heat. A hot shower would be best. Avoid heating pads. Depending on where your injuries are will determine what best stretching exercises need be done. Now if pain hasn’t subsided yes a chiropractor would be the best thing for you no scary noise effects needed. I have one on standby and is great.

That is a man with experience.

Was gonna put an icon of a worshipping smiley face, but couldn't find it.

... maybe i'll try the ice / ibuprofen / rest for 24 hours thing.....

Hey Dirtdives, what about if my knees are acting funny and starting to click and pop oddly?

That's being serious, not trying to be sarcastic.

Have exp with that as well. The clicking might be from the cartilage in the joint. After time the cartilage may wear away and fold over on itself. The click is the flap snapping back into place. Best case scenario is that click is just fluid being displaced like cracking your finger knuckles. Exercise can help with this in both cases

I think that concludes our Doctor Dirt corner. Thank you for the advice. (My brother is a dr though so thankfully I don't have to see a chiro, my bro is pretty good at it.)

But, I have had to shift gears and do more computer work. So far I've unfolded the Nightgale Bow (file below) and will start assembling that now.

I've also started working on the little tid bits of the suit. Some pieces look metal to me and I'm hoping I can get them 3d printed. I've already started tracing them. My MS Paint skills have been upgraded thanks to a cool use of the Inkscape program that Huntress217 showed me.

Buckle.png Crest.png Triangle Snap.png Cape Button.png

bowunfold.png

Attachments

• Nightingale Bow.zip
    204.5 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
I applaud anyone who has done a BR pep. Long skinny enclosed models are no fun.

Saturday I got the other side.
20190126_170625.jpg

Then comes the tricky part..
20190127_155934.jpg

But with some determination it came together.
20190127_162547.jpg

I'll take a little break again before attempting the other end.

That last photo is like a "how many franchises can you spot?" photo. Lol. I count six. I'll put the answers upside down in my next post. :lol:

That last photo is like a "how many franchises can you spot?" photo. Lol. I count six. I'll put the answers upside down in my next post. :lol:
Well, I'm going to just name everything I see... pokemon, halo, minecraft, mountain dew, NFL, dr.who, zelda, I cant make out the picture because of the glare, but I think it's a guitar? A d whatever your shirt is. Oh, a d dont forget skyrim...

Well, I'm going to just name everything I see... pokemon, halo, minecraft, mountain dew, NFL, dr.who, zelda, I cant make out the picture because of the glare, but I think it's a guitar? A d whatever your shirt is. Oh, a d dont forget skyrim...

You missed the Star Wars clock in the far right.

Give me a sec. I need to pick my jaw off the ground. Amazing!!!!!! This is looking so awesome. I so dropped a watch on this,

Give me a sec. I need to pick my jaw off the ground. Amazing!!!!!! This is looking so awesome. I so dropped a watch on this,

Thank you Harri51 :D

Look at the VERY bottom left corner of the picture just outside of the door frame :D

Wow, you're good. That's the box my XboxOne came in.

Just for fun here's the the answers:
20190128_081425.jpg

I applaud anyone who has done a BR pep. Long skinny enclosed models are no fun.

Saturday I got the other side.
View attachment 265134

Then comes the tricky part..
View attachment 265135

But with some determination it came together.
View attachment 265136

I'll take a little break again before attempting the other end.

Nice work Duke. As for the BR comment, that’s what 3d printers are for :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back