Dystorted Inc's Evolving Noble Team Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started this project a few years ago with a 3D model, and finally have started bringing it to life. Since March I've sent the model off for printing and have begun adding more details and molding. Due to the crazy weather we've been having in Texas, curing conditions, drying times, and anything else that mother nature could throw at me to damper my schedule, its happened. But, turning my guest bedroom and tub into a new work area, work must continue. I think another good sanding and wax, and we'll be molding in no time! Thanks for stopping by!

CommandoHelmet3_zps8aa5e531.jpg

CommandoHelmet5_zpsdbdfdbd3.jpg

CommandoHelmet7_zpsf0a1ed93.jpg

CommandoHelmet8_zpsfda4a0a5.jpg

CommandoHelmet9_zpsd915d9f9.jpg

CommandoHelmet10_zps4e128c03.jpg

CommandoHelmet11_zps11c12a0b.jpg

CommandoHelmet13_zpse077fdd8.jpg

CommandoHelmet14_zps5bc1ba1b.jpg

Time for a BIG update.
After a long week and many hours of sanding, I'm finally starting to see the finish line. In the picture you will see the big difference that wetsanding makes. Yea it takes longer to do and yea it's going to be painted over so who cares...I CARE, it looks Badass! I plan on my molds lasting a long time and being able to produce the cleanest casts possible. The top half has only had a quick pass with 1000 grit and the bottom is untouched. The whole helmet will have two full passes and waxed before molding. And speaking of, Silicone WILL be laid tomorrow afternoon! So stay tuned for more updates!

Oh the joys of filling! Thank god for spot putty, now there are no more pinholes!
DSCN0973_zpsbbfb54f1.jpg

wetsand1_zpsea442924.jpg

And an even bigger update!

After months of trial and error, its finally molded, and my first successful cast of the rubber neck. Finally after months of researching how to cast with rubber, many failed attempts, gallons of wasted rubber, it finally worked! Anyone need to buy a full gallon kit of Brush On 35!? Never been touched except for 1 test.

CommandoHelmet56_zps4961863d.jpg

CommandoHelmet57_zps52c43b7c.jpg

CommandoHelmet59_zps91663c7e.jpg

CommandoHelmet62_zps91e76860.jpg

CommandoHelmet30_zps38a194e7.jpg

CommandoHelmet64_zps9856a001.jpg

CommandoHelmet66_zps391bd6e0.jpg

CommandoHelmet67_zps084ae194.jpg

CommandoHelmet69_zpse0800c83.jpg

That is Fantastic! SO is the rubber piece cast right into the resin helmet? Or is it two pieces that are assembled after?

Really great work.

this casting technique is absolute genius. I would be very interested in some kind of tutorial video or other for it. Great work.

Oh. My. Freaking. God. I NEED one! I really hate to do this to people, but any chance you'll be selling come pulls? I can't help but want one for my own Carter and Noble team. Amazing work!!

Holy hell that is amazing, you have the golden touch with these helms. Your work on the 3d model of the recon helm has heavily inspired my build of it as well.

[video=youtube;kP3wnYe6Muw]
[/video]

This is how I feel when I see the stuff you guys put out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys! I just try and push myself to do something better than the last time. Although my timeline seems to totally suck....I'm trying to get my schedule worked out so that I can have multiple days in a row to do nothing but props on those days. @Carpathia.....I had to watch that over and over! I feel the same way when I see your stuff.

even the joker likes this build, because it's crazy fun just like him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back