Jedi Ranger

Member DIN
S777
https://edmontonexpo.com/
Friday, Sept. 22 - Sunday, Sept.24, 2017

Friday, Sept. 22nd 3pm-8pm
Saturday, Sept. 23rd 10am-6pm
Sunday, Sept. 24th 10am-5pm

Sadly, I can't say right now if I can make it this year. Right now it looks very slim, but as we get closer, I will have a better idea. It really depends on who quits between now and then, and at least one person is leaving soon. :/

ADD-on:
As always, PLEASE check the prop/weapon restrictions on the ECEE page itself, as this changes every year. Always prepared to leave your UNSC weapons in the car. Even the Boomco toys may be blocked (as they shoot darts), so be prepared with a back-up prop, if you want one.

https://edmontonexpo.com/about/policies/prop-policy/

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this thread, Kris! I'll need that banner that you have so if you can send it up with one of the 501st I would greatly appreciate it!

I got us a booth for this event! Just a small one but hopefully it will start the process of getting people excited about joining in on the fun!

I don't mind taking the bulk of the time in the booth but I would love to have some of you join me from time to time if you can. Let me know if you're available and we'll figure out some timing. And even if you can't spare the time to work in the booth, I'd LOVE for those in costume to hang around the booth as often as possible so people can get a good look at the gear!

Angela, I will either pass it to someone making the run, or just mail it back to you. Hopefully this week. Still lots of contact cards left, too. I will keep you posted!

As for having a booth this year....ARGGGHHHH!! Now I will be REALLY upset if I can't make it to ECEE this year!

Don't worry about the cards....I have those. Just need the banner! I saw you in photos at the armor party this weekend I think and was like hmmm...I wonder if Kris brought the banner with him....hahahaha

Sadly no. I have had a lot going on (personally), and even forgot some basic tools to even work on a project. :/

Woohoo! At this time, I have been able to get Saturday and Sunday off! So I can make it for two days anyway! I am planning on Sunday being my Halo day.

Anyone else going? Chime in, and maybe we can coordinate a group photo!

I want to send a big thank you out to Jedi Ranger and FlyinPhil and Viper 466 for all of their help this weekend! We also had Granville with us but I'm not entirely sure what his forum name is. I'm sure you'll be seeing more of all them around here! These 4 were such a HUGE help and I couldn't have done it without them!

We heard some of the best stories this weekend of people who were excited to see the 405th in person rather than just as a forum. We'll definitely be doing another booth, only this time, since it was an amazing success, with set pieces etc. We had examples of armor that covered a wide range of materials, versions, skill level and sizing that really helped doing your own armor seem much more attainable. We had Mick and Grey with us as well who shared with many people how they did their foam builds and helped people to see it can be done. And Phil and Michael to show people that once you practice enough and get really good, your foam won't even look like foam anymore! We showed off the Sean Bradley Studios ODST kit and helmet for all of those who are more comfortable with vaccuform pieces and Phil and Michael amazed people with their foam weapon builds that they were gracious enough to allow people to pick up and check out for themselves!

People were just super excited about Halo and it was wonderful to experience! We had some people that came back multiple times to ask more questions. My favourite story was from a guy who said that when he first started playing Halo as a kid his dad wouldn't allow him to play on his own so that became their "thing" in the evenings. He couldn't wait to get home and spend the time with his dad playing their favourite game.

The best comment though has to go to the kid who was handling a weapon made my Michael and thought he'd broken off the scope (it was on with magnets). It came off, he looked at it, put it and the gun down and said, "You're going to want to glue that back on" and walked away. Bahahahahahahaha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back