Emile Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it with my helmet, worked out just fine. In fact I've modified quite a few of my pieces. As long as your knife is sharp and you don't mangle it while cutting it should be fine.

You sure it's not just the wrong helmet?

20180320_151023.png

From what I remember, Emile wears similar to an EVA but it isn't exactly the same. I'll dig around and see if I can find you a different PDO

Last edited:
Ooo that's a good one. Satchmo does great work. Thanks eiros I've made a note of it in the armory. When Art Andrews redid the armory he left out a lot of "duplicate" files. I don't think he realized that some of them were different. Like my helmet is Carter's helmet, but with a bill added on top, so it is a different file than the standard one.

Ooo that's a good one. Satchmo does great work. Thanks eiros I've made a note of it in the armory. When Art Andrews redid the armory he left out a lot of "duplicate" files. I don't think he realized that some of them were different. Like my helmet is Carter's helmet, but with a bill added on top, so it is a different file than the standard one.

It is entirely possible we missed some things. We had to do a LOT of shuffling/sorting/decision-making when trying to get those in order. There were many times where two files appeared to be the same item in which case we tried to pick the more complete or the "better" (I use that word carefully as I don't want to offend anyone) one. I am sure there are instances where we left something out, thinking it was a duplicate.

Tomorrow I will update on the build. Just got back from a wedding and kind of trashed. Fixed the circular portion so they are indented and as predicted the back section corrected itself when the rest of the templates were added except for one part that I will work on when I resin the first outer layer. It just needs a bit of a pinch so a regular clothes pin should do the work and hold it to the correct angle. I’m not going to start from scratch but will definitely get that side piece to add later on and be able to plot out the face with the same file. Thank you so much guys for your help. I can’t thank you guys properly on my phone (again kind of.......ok really trashed) to send out “mentions “ now...... so I hope you get it when you read this. Thank you!!!!!

giphy-downsized (26).gif
Stop the world I need to get off............

IMG_0746.JPG
IMG_0748.JPG

Ok so it looks better.....as I said last night...... (which......is a bit fuzzy :confused:)...... the back needs a bit of a pinch on the inside to realign. 4shared isn't being nice and my work computer thinks it's a bad place so I can't open that file.........full of nasty spyware and viruses.....Once I finished putting in the missing lower pieces, the majority of misaligned spots pulled themselves together and looks good. I'm going to cut out those bulbous sections and splice in a new piece. Going to make it indented as Emile's helmet is. That's all for now.....going to take a few more Tylenols and drink a few bottles of water......and make the same vow I did the last time......."never again".........until the next time....

Even though the file turned out to be the wrong version, it still looks really good.
I'm sure with your advanced pep skills, it should take too long to fix things.
Hope the world slows down enough for you today to be able to survive so you can get back at it again. Good luck.

It just snowed yesterday....we got hit w/ a Nor'easter storm.....6-8 inches in my area overnight. nothing major.

Ok so I put this bucket on the back burner for a bit and have been working on some side projects.......However I came to the decision that I didn't like the look of the non-Emile EVA helmet....His must be a variation of the EVA since it is a bit smaller and more "fishbowl on the head' look.....So with a bit of help from PerniciousDuke, I was able to get the best version of Emile's helmet. Thanks to Satchmo III for the unfold!! Here is where I'm up to so far:

IMG_0039.JPG

Originally I was thinking to just switch out the visors.....but there are too many discrepancies between the two....including the sizes themselves....so I'm just going to continue w/ this version. I though my Centurion helmet was hard to build.......this section alone to me almost 2 weeks to assemble. That's it for the moment.

Oh wow. With the thumbnail, I thought that was the back of the helmet. Jeez! did think there would actually be a pep for the Skull visor.
Looks like a bloody but super cool pain in the butt.

Ok I can't tell if it's evil or scary looking. Its like a clown on crack!!!

IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG

Getting all of these little tiny pieces in place is a real pain. I keep folding over the tabs to place them and they keep getting soft from the glue then snap right off. If I score them lighter, I can't fold them properly. My last concern is the size.........you guys know me and my bobbleheads..........I mean helmets. Oh that's an idea. A GIANT bobble head HALO suit.....regular suit but a giant helmet..........Something to think about down the road.

I'm excited to see you building this Emile helmet, I think you're the first I've seen do so. I hope the scaling works for you. If you have to resize but don't want to mess with the paper for the skull, I have the same model but with the clean bubble at my model portfolio thread...it might be easier to assemble that paper, harden, and then create the etching with or out of bondo. Below is a brief summary of my folding process in case you wanted to try something a bit different. Good luck with you build, take care.

I like to crease the mountain and valley folds (in lieu of scoring with a knife) with two different colored pens and a straight-edge. I find creasing with pens allows me to apply a decent amount of pressure without concern of cutting the piece if a blade was used. I crease before I cut out the parts so I can easily handle the 8.5x11 paper sheet rather than individual parts. After cutting out the parts and before assembling you can pre-fold the creases so you're ready to assemble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back