Emile helmet question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tayl0r

My bro actually brought this to my attention, haven't seen it discussed before, so I decided to ask you guys and gals what you think.

As we all know, Emile scratched a skull into his visor, however, underneath the Gold reflective coating appears to be a metal layer underneath which made me wonder, how would you see under that? If it IS a metal/opaque layer how would it be possible to see out of?

I don't think its a Silver coating underneath. Why would a visor have two coatings?

Thoughts?

I always thought that the silvery area was just gouges left over from when he carved the skull, and that he'd only be able to see clearly through the two skull eyes.

Its mirrored, so yeah its silver, and then it has the second coat (to reduce visibility?) or to reduce light coming in, (and its mirrored, which keeps light out), so you can only see out (also useful), and Emile went and ruined it, which makes it less sturdy and reduces visibility. Anyway mirrored visors are not futuristic at all in the sense that we already have them.

Emile did'nt exactly ruin the helmet when he scratched the skull into it. I would guess he did it to the helmet as a scare tactic againt the enemy.

And that also greatly reduces the durability and structural integrity of the helmet, meaning if it takes any form of hit it will have a giant weak spot, with which the saying goes, " a chain is only as strong as its weakest link" and most likely so is the visor, being very thin in that area.

i would say that we have no idea what material they use for visors 500 years into the future it may have strange metallic properties
or there reflections from the HUD on the gouges . but i would say its like that coz....e miles a badass and fights blind

sonic

seriously i dont think bungie thought about this coz they thought we wouldnt, only think that it makes for a real kickass helmet. you know? but another question that might or might not be related is that, has anybody made a emile helmet that is see through, with the skull.
here some trivia, the skull is a skirmisher skull acording to sources.

however, underneath the Gold reflective coating appears to be a metal layer underneath which made me wonder, how would you see under that? If it IS a metal/opaque layer how would it be possible to see out of?

I don't think its a Silver coating underneath. Why would a visor have two coatings?

Thoughts?

I think of it as either being 2 things:

1. If the scratches are indeed opaque, I don't think it's necessarily a metal layer. Most of the time, scratching/scuffing the kind of material that would be used for a [Spartan helmet visor in the future] would severely limit or eliminate visibility through the scratches, which could be exactly what Emile wanted since he thinks he's so badass. But again, this doesn't mean it's metal.

Or...

2. Similar to how we scratch off the film on our motorcycle visors when we add detail lines, which actually improves the view (at least for me it did), this could be the case for Emile's visor. Meaning, the areas where he carved in the skull only look all scuffed and opaque from the outside, but from the inside, he could potentially actually see better through the scratched skull areas.

Either way, he ended up with an intimidating helmet for the enemy.

there is another option. It is possible that the "visor" isn't really a visor and the inside of his helmet is actually a screen. That would explain some other things that Spartans can do in their helmets. IE: HUD and Zoom and use the scope with out lifting their weapon

there is another option. It is possible that the "visor" isn't really a visor and the inside of his helmet is actually a screen. That would explain some other things that Spartans can do in their helmets. IE: HUD and Zoom and use the scope with out lifting their weapon

The Deliver Hope trailer shows something exactly like that when Kat's visor is damaged.

This is how I always understood the Mjolnir visor. I always assumed the gold faceplate was a part of a sensor array that fed to a display inside. This explains scope zoom and HUD. (And why only the MkVI with its cut-out, containing more expensive [sensor stuff], could zoom) It also explains how all the different visor types have the same visibility, somehow.

seriously i dont think bungie thought about this coz they thought we wouldnt, only think that it makes for a real kickass helmet. you know? but another question that might or might not be related is that, has anybody made a emile helmet that is see through, with the skull.
here some trivia, the skull is a skirmisher skull acording to sources.

Im working on one right now and I am just trying to get some nite shades, and when thats done I am makin a how to thread.

This is all from memory, but I believe that the outer visor (the golden part) is only an auto-tinting layer (as used by the spartan-IIIs in ghosts of onyx.) The inner layer is clear, but if scratched - like most translucent materials - will turn mostly opaque. As for the HUD, the inner layer is also a screen (which is why elements of it stop working when it is damaged)

I was gonna post a how to for how I did my EVA/C but that niteshades is takin a while, so I think i might wait to start it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back