Endwar/robotech Power Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

djbattistella

So i have been playing EndWar for awhile on xbox live(gamertag Deee Jayyy) and i noticed that someone could make the soldiers in the game relatively quickly. it's mostly a Halo marine look with a more futuristic helmet and weapons. I don't know, if someone has done that yet but maybe this summer when I have some free time I'll work on getting a helmet design and pep going. i know this is halo related but I just have seen that this method can apply to almost any type of video game/fantasy/sci-fi characters. Maintaining that realm of thought, has anyone thought or looked into making a ROBOTECH powersuit ?!?! i was watching some of my Robotech DVD's and I saw them and was like, OHH THERES SOMETHING I CAN USE THIS METHOD FOR. i don't know how many of you are ROBOTECH fans but i used to catch re-runs in the late 90's and early 2000's on Cartoon Network's saturday anime show, i can't remember what it was called but it used to have gundam on it as well. just throwing out some interesting ideas for anyone looking for a new challenge, i guess. I may be looking into doing this project this summer as well. specifically a CV-4 armor used with the VR-0055 devastator.

djbattistella said:
So i have been playing EndWar for awhile on xbox live(gamertag Deee Jayyy) and i noticed that someone could make the soldiers in the game relatively quickly. it's mostly a Halo marine look with a more futuristic helmet and weapons. I don't know, if someone has done that yet but maybe this summer when I have some free time I'll work on getting a helmet design and pep going. i know this is halo related but I just have seen that this method can apply to almost any type of video game/fantasy/sci-fi characters. Maintaining that realm of thought, has anyone thought or looked into making a ROBOTECH powersuit ?!?! i was watching some of my Robotech DVD's and I saw them and was like, OHH THERES SOMETHING I CAN USE THIS METHOD FOR. i don't know how many of you are ROBOTECH fans but i used to catch re-runs in the late 90's and early 2000's on Cartoon Network's saturday anime show, i can't remember what it was called but it used to have gundam on it as well. just throwing out some interesting ideas for anyone looking for a new challenge, i guess. I may be looking into doing this project this summer as well. specifically a CV-4 armor used with the VR-0055 devastator.

hi, i m a fun of robotech too, have you got all ready some files to work with?

Last edited by a moderator:
djbattistella said:
So i have been playing EndWar for awhile on xbox live(gamertag Deee Jayyy) and i noticed that someone could make the soldiers in the game relatively quickly. it's mostly a Halo marine look with a more futuristic helmet and weapons. I don't know, if someone has done that yet but maybe this summer when I have some free time I'll work on getting a helmet design and pep going.

First off, Endwar is an AMAZING game. and I'm assuming your'e talking about the JSF soldiers. The arms and legs look STRAIGHT out of Halo 1. (maybe even simpler!) The helmet however looks suspiciously like that of the Halo 3 pilot, with some subtraction from the mouthpiece.

as for the torso, it looks like flexible material, probably found at a paintball store lol.

Untitled-7copy.jpg

The Pilot helmet pepakura isn't as much ODST-ish as the pilot picture. it would be relatively easy to pull off...

power suit? do you mean a bio-roid from robotech 2? a cyclone? what?

if you mean cyclone, i already have it, but its a real paint to get properly pep'd

He likely means the Cyclone. (Which, might I add, is originally from Genesis Climber Mospeada, which aired 3 years before Robotech. The latter just used some of the footage for its final saga.) Someone made one, once, and Grant Imahara was stupid, and I really don't see the allure in making such a suit. Too much work for too little recognition.

sounds like the CVR3 BodyArmor, which was the pilots sound for the Veritech Alpha, which if you had to eject from your Veritech or were exploring by land it also combined w/ the Cyclone to convert in the cyclones mech form,

nah Im not a robotech fan :) I only have all 22 novels, all the original episodeso vhs&dvd and all the rpg suppliments and the newer stuff on dvd, and of course Mospeada aired before "our" robotech, Our robotech as we know it was the tieing together of 3 not related series, by carl macek, Macross, Mospeada, and I want to say solagi or something like that (original name of invid invasion), and I'd kinda be interested in some CVR-3 Armor especially w/ the CADS (the long blades that extended from the forearms), maybe I'll model something after I',m done w/ my Space Marine

Amancue, it was "Super Dimension Cavalry: Southern Cross," a horrid attempt in 1983 to spin off Macross, by Tatsunoko productions. (I've watched all 3 Macross series, both OVAs, watched the movies, read Macross 7: Trash, and own several $200 collectible Valkyrie (Veritech, ha!) figures. Guess that makes me obsessive...)

But, then, I could say the same of anyone who makes Halo armor. GO 405TH!

Anywho, if you wanted to make a "Cyclone," I guess you could, but I don't know where you'd start, and you'd likely have a heavy and expensive piece. If you did it right, though, you'd have a damned impressive work of art on your hands. Best of luck to you in your endeavors.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ptn/new.images/ArmorWeapon/index.html

here's what I'm talking about, scroll to bottom of page. Also this is a great resource for some drawings and reference for any other project robotech related you might want to start and i believe what Amancue described is exatcly what I was talking about. The body armor not the oversized and heavy unit of the actual cyclone armor. I mean, I'm a beginner. I apologize for the mis-labeling.

haha, my attempt at a H2 odst was rushed due to my moving and losing out on heated garage capabilities. SO now i'm in the chicago area with no place to hone my craft...and my H2 helm is stuck in a storage unit up in the frozen north of MI. I'm hoping that this summer I can be productive. Also, since i can see you guys are much more 'veteran' at this, Any words of advice for using pepakura designer, I've only ever scaled others projects. I've never attempted to design and then unfold my own...I didn't know there were people obsessed with Robotech and Macross as much as I was. It was just such a cool show that was always re-run or on tv weekends so it captured my attention and really imagination. I wish they would revisit the series and work on making a movie/tv series again out of it. Shoot, even a half way decent video game would be enough for me. becuz that last robotech game was lack luster at best.

another thing I think that captured my attention when young was that I made model airplanes with my dad and the veritech valkyrie figthers all looked eerily similar to a F-15 Tomcat, which was my favorite airplane model I ever built. haha. i affixed the link to the page...so it should be good.

kinda, so you just mean the CVR-3/4 armor for the cyclones.

making a valkyrie, you should look at using polystyrene foam board, if you want to make it big. i made one back in high school for a project. it was about 4ft long. you can sand and get a lot of detail into that stuff. give it a coat of liquid acrylic and you can fiberglass it or just paint it

LT-GRAVE said:
kinda, so you just mean the CVR-3/4 armor for the cyclones.

making a valkyrie, you should look at using polystyrene foam board, if you want to make it big. i made one back in high school for a project. it was about 4ft long. you can sand and get a lot of detail into that stuff. give it a coat of liquid acrylic and you can fiberglass it or just paint it

I actually have some spare owens corning insulation, aka polystyrene. but i had problems cutting and shaping it, i was using an exacto and a mouse with some 180 grit. It didn't leave very smooth edges...Are there some specialized tools that work best for that, that I should be investing in?

Heatshock said:
well if it is indeed cyclon armour from mospeada - some guys over on scifihero.net are startnig a grp project already

http://www.scifihero.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6559&hl=Mospeada

http://www.scifihero.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6582&hl=Mospeada

add to that - a real freidnly forum, you cant go wrong guys

aside from teh 'bike' armour like this

cyclone.jpg

theres also an under-armour part

DarkMospeada2_var-action_Feb2009_me.jpg

where'd you get that /\ action figure !!! that's amazingly close to what i would be shooting for...

Sithslayer78 said:
First off, Endwar is an AMAZING game. and I'm assuming your'e talking about the JSF soldiers. The arms and legs look STRAIGHT out of Halo 1. (maybe even simpler!) The helmet however looks suspiciously like that of the Halo 3 pilot, with some subtraction from the mouthpiece.

as for the torso, it looks like flexible material, probably found at a paintball store lol.

Untitled-7copy.jpg

The Pilot helmet pepakura isn't as much ODST-ish as the pilot picture. it would be relatively easy to pull off...

yes, totally sithslayer. ENDWAR has limited my productivity at work due to many a nights spent battling til the wee hours of night...If you got XBOX live let's meet up and play a match or too. my gamertag is on the first link !!!

you need to make a heat cutter for the foam. you can buy one at hobby stores that do the miniature games. they take 3 D cell batteries and they heat up enough to cut the foam. ot you can google how to make a foam cutter. and for sand paper, use something around 120 grit. using a knife works on some of it, but its not recommended. i used to make a lot of stuff out of the foam back in high school. once you get the hang of the cutter, youll be making stuff in no time

hey mate- I am a major mospeada fan

although I followed the story as the stand alone original jap plot rather than the re-tooled Robotech-verse version.

same animation though.

I checked your link - it indeed the armour you are look for mate

stick mospeada into ebay search - theres a big vintage market for both teh action figures (and their variants) as well as 1/12th models. not all that expensive either.

oh, try "the puzzle zoo" in california.

i picked up one of the valkyries that come in the big books for $50 a couple years ago. they deal with old and new toys

since I'm currently running an apple computer. Would picking up a netbook be able to handle the pepakura designer program and save PDO files!? i just don't want to drop a lot of bucks on a PC labtop as I have an MacBook Already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back