energy sword - help

Status
Not open for further replies.

putzy92

"help" energy sword

Im pretty new at all this forum stuff so im unsure how this help thing works i would love for some ideas on this.

up to this point has been both frustrating and simple, pulse a lot of trial and error. but no I'm stumped, all the pieces are peped and roughed in fiberglass and looks beautiful, but the problem lies in combining each section both sword pieces and handle. The handle is rounded on both sides and the sword parts are sharp edges so the two don't fit together every well.

Ill post pics as son as i sand down the excess fiber glass.
*but i can post link of where i got the pep file http://dung0beetle.deviantart.com/art/Halo-3-energy-sword-122592963
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update pictures are posted here http://www.405th.com/entry.php/1547-update-energy-sword, all i have left is to finish painting the handle and put the pieces together.

My personal recommendation would be to make a slot on each side of the handle that the blades would fit into. After that you would need something major like some extra glassing. Someone else might have more experience!

I would suggest hollowing out a hole in the handle and each blade for some pvc pipe, and then hotglue that all in one place. It would be strong enough I would think.

heres an idea: y dont u print off the blueprints for the energy sword, put it on a piece of plexi-glass. outline the blueprint with sharpie, cut it. Then u get a handle, connect it all. After tht get blue LED's at the end of the blades by the handle in the plexi-glass, so when u turn it on it looks blue like the real thing on halo

Theres a pepakura energy sword model?

Yes. I have a few versions. The hilt is really the only major difference.

My own personal method would be to template two identical halves of the blade (giving you four identical 'sections') made from transparent or opaque white 5-10mm acrylic, then mill a channel in two of the four half to lay in the circuit for say, four or five LEDs per piece.

Hot-glue the cabling down, use contact adhesive to glue the pieces together, use a thick dowel of clear acrylic to join your two blades to the hilt, et voila. One Covenant energy sword. If you'd like, I can draw you up some plans in Photoshop and post them up for people to enjoy.

Yes. I have a few versions. The hilt is really the only major difference.

My own personal method would be to template two identical halves of the blade (giving you four identical 'sections') made from transparent or opaque white 5-10mm acrylic, then mill a channel in two of the four half to lay in the circuit for say, four or five LEDs per piece.

Hot-glue the cabling down, use contact adhesive to glue the pieces together, use a thick dowel of clear acrylic to join your two blades to the hilt, et voila. One Covenant energy sword. If you'd like, I can draw you up some plans in Photoshop and post them up for people to enjoy.
Hey have you done these plans if so I would love to see them it sounds awesome just from your description. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back