Energy Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC PwN 3R

so heres my plan to world domination with the energy sword.
first off, using transparent sheets of paper for the blades. yes, it works and i have tested it! it does not smudge if you print it the right side and leave it to dry for about 15 seconds.
secondly, the handle is finished but the tapejob sucks...literally.
thirdly, glassing just the handle, i think the transparent will hold up nicely.
fourth, led lights and switch in the handle. just blue would be perfect, dont you think?
fifth, after glassing and led wiring is complete, assemble the two parts.
conclusion: this may take between a week and 3 months to finish, as i need money! ASAP

if i can get the button-switch inside my handle, and a bigger hole for my ground source, i think this my become the next epic sword!

Clear plastic sheets wont work, you'll still see the tabs when folded and glued, and when light shines through, it will look like a piece of crap. Then you should paint over it, then again..if you paint over it, whats good of clear plastic then.

Well, I'm never one to resist a good pun, so

Frost

The plastic should be frosted, not painted, Frost.

:D

Think translucent, not transparent...

Sean Bradley said:
Well, I'm never one to resist a good pun, so

Frost

The plastic should be frosted, not painted, Frost.

:D
Think translucent, not transparent...

XD, wow.

Anyways, I'd suggest using some EL wire as well to put inside the sword. Also, wouldn't the blade be very fragile if you make it out of transparencies?

Last edited by a moderator:
Frosted would look good, but with lights on inside, the tabs edges will be illuminated because of their edges.

its kinda too late now, i already printed the stuff. aw well, ill go ahead and do it and slice my cousins up for being noobs...in anycase, ill lightly mist the stuff with spray paint, any suggestions on which color to use?

LOL SEAN! I love puns too!, (y) (y) Nice one, lol, I dont know why but that is just TOO funny

ANYWAYS! Id fade the outside with a blue oceany color. You know what I mean.

Don't think of it as solid colors.. it's more like a light white frosting with a couple colors layered in a particular detail pattern.

Theres light blue in there, and purple, and fluorescent pink. Study screenshots of the sword a little closer and you will see the pattern better.

MC PwN 3R said:
its kinda too late now, i already printed the stuff. aw well, ill go ahead and do it and slice my cousins up for being noobs...in anycase, ill lightly mist the stuff with spray paint, any suggestions on which color to use?
Why do you spray paint it if you are using clear plastic sheets.

I think Sean's idea of frosting it would be better, or else, use a blue/purple clear paint, sometimes you can find paints which are transparent, if you can get them in blue or purple, then you could wire white leds into the sword.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back